Post a reply

Stephen Hendry Watache Thread

Postby SnookerFan

Okay, I am a week early. But this is The Watache Thread we all wanted.

It's Hendry vs White, the biggest qualifying match of all time. (Known to everyone but Eurosport.)

Let's Watache.

Re: Stephen Hendry Watache Thread

Postby 1892

Stephen will best Jimmy. Be tough for him to get to the Crucible but I hope he gets there.

@Judders who would you want to win if Hendry was to face Judd in R1?

Postby D4P

1892 wrote:@Judders who would you want to win if Hendry was to face Judd in R1?

If Hendry makes it to R1, he'll undoubtedly be "randomly" drawn to face Ronnie.

Postby Juddernaut88

1892 wrote:Stephen will best Jimmy. Be tough for him to get to the Crucible but I hope he gets there.

In usual circumstances I would route for Hendry just about but I really do feel Judd badly needs the world title this year. The sooner he gets a 2nd world title then that could open the door for him to win many more but the longer he is stuck on 1 the harder it will get.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Lolz Judders I don't think Hendry will be troubling Judd's chances <laugh>

Judd is more worried about facing Rory McLeod.

Quoted for truth. #factual

Postby Wildey

1892 wrote:Stephen will best Jimmy. Be tough for him to get to the Crucible but I hope he gets there.

Stephen is Favourite to get to the 3rd Qualifying Round having played only 1 match in 9 years and hardly played in practice until this year since the Crucible 2012.

Postby HappyCamper

Wildey wrote:

Stephen is Favourite to get to the 3rd Qualifying Round having played only 1 match in 9 years and hardly played in practice until this year since the Crucible 2012.

he's not even favourite to beat white. let alone white and xu si.

Postby chengdufan

HappyCamper wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I'm not sure what the bookies are saying, but I agree with you HC.
Most likely seems to be White beating Hendry, Xu beating White, and Zhou qualifying.

Zhou is a very heavy favourite to qualify from that section, probably 75% chance. Small chance for Slessor (18%) or Highfield (7%). Less than 0.1% combined chance of any of the others qualifying (Xu, White, Hendry, Surety, Fan)

Postby cupotee

Running side wrote:Had a tenner on Jimmy reaching crucible.

thats 33/1 with betfair , very decent value imo , and reanne evans is 5/1 just to beat andy hicks in the first round , again you can't complain .

Postby HappyCamper

chengdufan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Most likely seems to be White beating Hendry, Xu beating White, and Zhou qualifying.

Zhou is a very heavy favourite to qualify from that section, probably 75% chance. Small chance for Slessor (18%) or Highfield (7%). Less than 0.1% combined chance of any of the others qualifying (Xu, White, Hendry, Surety, Fan)

Your thoughts seem pretty close to the market consensus.

Bookies have Hendry at ~2.2 against white, so slightly above evens.

Then for the section they have Zhou odds on at 1.5. Followed by Slessor (4), Highfield (8), Xu Si (19), and the old fogies (both 34).

Postby lhpirnie

HappyCamper wrote:
chengdufan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Your thoughts seem pretty close to the market consensus.

Bookies have Hendry at ~2.2 against white, so slightly above evens.

Then for the section they have Zhou odds on at 1.5. Followed by Slessor (4), Highfield (8), Xu Si (19), and the old fogies (both 34).

Yes I'd agree with that. There is a bit of extra pressure on Zhou, as he was upset at narrowly missing the top-16 (mainly because of the ranking points lost last year due to covid). Xu probably needs to beat White to stay on tour, so huge pressure on him, especially since everyone will be watching because of his opponent.

Postby Juddernaut88

I'm trying to promote this match on a football forum I use but no one is paying attention :( occasionally some do but on this occasion nothing.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:I'm trying to promote this match on a football forum I use but no one is paying attention :( occasionally some do but on this occasion nothing.

They'd need The Eurosport App to watch it anyway.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I'm trying to promote this match on a football forum I use but no one is paying attention :( occasionally some do but on this occasion nothing.

Have you decided to get the Eurosport app?

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Have you decided to get the Eurosport app?

It seems you can get a week's free trial on Amazon Prime. Going to see if I can sort it out tomorrow morning.