Post a reply

Re: The Final will be at full capacity

Postby Reg Varney

Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but saw on Twitter that Paul Collier will be reffing the final this year.

I did hope that either Desislava or Tatiana may get it this year, although after Marcel last year didn't expect them to have another debutante officiate this.

Postby SnookerFan

Reg Varney wrote:Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but saw on Twitter that Paul Collier will be reffing the final this year.

I did hope that either Desislava or Tatiana may get it this year, although after Marcel last year didn't expect them to have another debutante officiate this.

I reckon they'll use Desislava at some point.

She's definitely competent enough and having another female referee will bring in some publicity.

Postby Iranu

Reg Varney wrote:Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but saw on Twitter that Paul Collier will be reffing the final this year.

It’s impossible for them to confirm Tatiana as the final referee.

Postby Iranu

I’m not particularly happy about it being full capacity, although if they do regularly test audiences at least they’re doing what they can. And as much as anything else I’m sure WST are in a position now where they can’t go without crowd revenue all that much longer.

I just hope there aren’t any incidents that mean it’s reversed again.

Postby Reg Varney

Iranu wrote:

It’s impossible for them to confirm Tatiana as the final referee.

Actually didn't even think of that (however unlikely it is that hubby makes a World final). May scupper her chances of ever getting the final until he either retires, falls off the tour, or they confirm later than usual one year, a year he hasn't qualified.

Postby Running side

Running side wrote:Nothing in local press, be very surprised if happens.still quite a high R rate in South Yorkshire.

update , local news saying 2 day final will be FULL capacity,local council given go ahead.

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:I'm a bit concerned about this. Any comments from the players about what they think of it?

Anthony Hamilton is unavailable for comment.

After what happened last year, he will probably make the final, then pull out.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:I'm a bit concerned about this. Any comments from the players about what they think of it?

Anthony Hamilton is unavailable for comment.

After what happened last year, he will probably make the final, then pull out.

rofl rofl

Postby SnookerFan

The BBC will already be planning a hard-hitting interview with Hearn, where they'll kiss his arse-crack about getting people into the final and otherwise tell him what a wonderful person he is.

Postby badtemperedcyril

Juddernaut88 wrote:Hamilton will probably withdraw now.
In all seriousness, Hamilton has probably had his first jab by now. There's a good chance some of the players wont have done when they come to play at the Crucible. How will they feel about having +982 people in?

Postby The_Abbott

The day after smug Hearn does his interview about how wonderful he is to get a full capacity, the government will change their mind

Postby Iranu

Coe on Lil Ben Mertens! The kids at the homeless shelter are relying on you winning to eat tonight! Holden’s staked their entire food budget on your match.

Postby SteveJJ

badtemperedcyril wrote:They may not even sell out if there's nowhere to stay. True you can rent self contained accommodation but with no hotels open it may not be so attractive for fans to travel.

On a recent podcast, Hearn was suggesting one possibility being discussed was tickets to the snooker could allow them to stay in hotels, like key workers can. Whether thats gone any further than a wild hope, i don't know

Postby HappyCamper

Iranu wrote:Coe on Lil Ben Mertens! The kids at the homeless shelter are relying on you winning to eat tonight! Holden’s staked their entire food budget on your match.

Only won one frame bit early to say he in the final.