Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 28th) Quarter-Fina

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:I think I want Bingham to win now.

You know what? Me too.

Kyren = boring as hell
Selby = more world titles than MJW wouldn’t feel right
Murphy = wouldn’t mind it too much but again, 2x ahead of others?

Whereas Bingham, same goes as with Shaun but bucking hell it would be so hilarious for him to win two World Titles while Judd, Robbo and Murphy etc are stuck on one rofl

Postby Georgi1914

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Mixed feelings... would like Murphy to win, but if he does I feel there will be no one left to stop Selby winning the title.

This is where I stand. Normally I'd root for Murphy in this match up, but I feel like Trump is the only one left who can beat Selby.

Selby MUST be stopped at all costs.

Why do you care that much?

Dunno...can't really explain it TBH.

I care, but not as much as that post might have made out.

I have a feeling Bingham will cause big trouble for Selby!

Postby Iranu

mantorok wrote:
mick745 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
mick745 wrote:All opened up for my boy Selby!

Don't be too confident like CK was, we all knew how that ended. :wave:

I have a sneaky feeling that Kyren will now win.

I wouldn’t mind that.

Kyren a World Champion ahead of Ding would be nothing short of a bucking travesty.

Postby Pink Ball

Georgi1914 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
This is where I stand. Normally I'd root for Murphy in this match up, but I feel like Trump is the only one left who can beat Selby.

Selby MUST be stopped at all costs.

Why do you care that much?

Dunno...can't really explain it TBH.

I care, but not as much as that post might have made out.

I have a feeling Bingham will cause big trouble for Selby!

Oh, stupendous. If Selby loses, we get Bingham instead. Halle-fucking-llujah.

Postby LDS

Statistically speaking, if you counted up the total number of hate posts on this forum, excluding the self-hating Ronnie fans, this semi-final line-up totals up as the top 4 of that list.

Talk about Murphy's Law...

So much jinx'ing accumulating in one place, this semi-final line-up should have been predicted by a lot more people right from the outset!

Postby Sidetracked

TheRocket wrote:I wouldnt rule out Bingham yet. He arguably scored better than anyone else actually and he fancies it. Wilson has no hope against Selby I agree with that and Murphy has a slim chance.

Could Wilson tough it out against Selby perhaps? I find it hard to see past Selby though with what I've seen.

Postby Jester82

Selby has a great chance now for the taking. The way the Trump lot feels is the same we felt when Selby losing against OSullivan last year. Not meant to be for Trump aye?

Great tenacity from Murphy. It's all prepared now.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

LC wrote:Tournament over for me, none of these best selby over 4 sessions, sorry but trump is definitely showing that he’s a flat track bully and is the tinpot terminator, he’d swap 2 More WC for the 14 rankers he’s won in last 2 years

If you are the number one player you should be able to win titles regularly during the season and still compete at the Crucible. Although he could probably do with easing off on the Gibraltar Open.

Postby mantorok

Iranu wrote:
mantorok wrote:
mick745 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
mick745 wrote:All opened up for my boy Selby!

Don't be too confident like CK was, we all knew how that ended. :wave:

I have a sneaky feeling that Kyren will now win.

I wouldn’t mind that.

Kyren a World Champion ahead of Ding would be nothing short of a bucking travesty.

I’ll take Kyren out of this bunch that’s for sure.

Postby Iranu

Jester82 wrote:Selby has a great chance now for the taking. The way the Trump lot feels is the same we felt when Selby losing against OSullivan last year. Not meant to be for Trump aye?

I doubt Trump fans feel quite that bad!

Postby TheRocket

Sidetracked wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I wouldnt rule out Bingham yet. He arguably scored better than anyone else actually and he fancies it. Wilson has no hope against Selby I agree with that and Murphy has a slim chance.

Could Wilson tough it out against Selby perhaps? I find it hard to see past Selby though with what I've seen.

Wilson has almost no chance imo. Selbys allround game far too strong for him and H2H shows that Wilson has never beaten Selby in a real match either.

Postby Acé

wow well played Murphy the damage was caused in the 2nd session, Murphy was the last player I expected Judd to go out against given the free flowing style of snooker but he was in control of the whole match

Judd's lost the 3 last matches vs Murphy now, insane

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Jester82 wrote:Selby has a great chance now for the taking. The way the Trump lot feels is the same we felt when Selby losing against OSullivan last year. Not meant to be for Trump aye?

Indeed!

Postby Alex0paul

TheRocket wrote:
Sidetracked wrote:

Wilson has almost no chance imo. Selbys allround game far too strong for him and H2H shows that Wilson has never beaten Selby in a real match either.

Dott had never beaten Ebdon before 2006 and Robertson had never beaten Dott before 2010 so it can happen

Postby Jester82

Iranu wrote:

No, not that gutted as some people should Selby lift the trophy.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Jester82 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Nothing could ever make me feel as gutted as Selby fans felt last year.

Postby LDS

Sidetracked wrote:

Selby hasn't faced a top 8 player in the tournament yet. You do tend to look good when you're playing easy marks. If you'll excuse the pun.

Who do you think's had the tougher run?

Let's take a look:

Selby - Maflin, Allen, Williams

Wilson - Wilson, Hawkins, Robertson

Bingham - Junhui, Jones, McGill

Murphy - Davis, Bingtao, Judd

Put those 4 in order of difficulty.

Postby Iranu

Alex0paul wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Sidetracked wrote:

Dott had never beaten Ebdon before 2006 and Robertson had never beaten Dott before 2010 so it can happen

Selby’s a different class to Dott and Ebdon (and Robertson’s a better player than Kyren too) but yes it’s not inevitable.

Postby mick745

LDS wrote:
Sidetracked wrote:

Selby hasn't faced a top 8 player in the tournament yet. You do tend to look good when you're playing easy marks. If you'll excuse the pun.

Who do you think's had the tougher run?

Let's take a look:

Selby - Maflin, Allen, Williams

Wilson - Wilson, Hawkins, Robertson

Bingham - Junhui, Jones, McGill

Murphy - Davis, Bingtao, Judd

Put those 4 in order of difficulty.

Allen on paper was a tricky one, in fact quite a few predicted an Allen win.

Mark Williams was apparently "better than ever" before Selby outplayed him.

Again lots predicted a Williams win.

You just have to look back at the prediction contest thread to see.

Postby Jester82

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Nothing could ever make me feel as gutted as Selby fans felt last year.

Sure it could...