Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 28th) Quarter-Fina

Postby Holden Chinaski

Jester82 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Jester82 wrote:Selby has a great chance now for the taking. The way the Trump lot feels is the same we felt when Selby losing against OSullivan last year. Not meant to be for Trump aye?

Great tenacity from Murphy. It's all prepared now.

I doubt Trump fans feel quite that bad!

No, not that gutted as some people should Selby lift the trophy.

Nothing could ever make me feel as gutted as Selby fans felt last year.

Sure it could...

No way. Last year made everything good forever.

Postby csprince

LDS wrote:
Sidetracked wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I wouldnt rule out Bingham yet. He arguably scored better than anyone else actually and he fancies it. Wilson has no hope against Selby I agree with that and Murphy has a slim chance.

Could Wilson tough it out against Selby perhaps? I find it hard to see past Selby though with what I've seen.

Selby hasn't faced a top 8 player in the tournament yet. You do tend to look good when you're playing easy marks. If you'll excuse the pun.

Who do you think's had the tougher run?

Let's take a look:

Selby - Maflin, Allen, Williams

Wilson - Wilson, Hawkins, Robertson

Bingham - Junhui, Jones, McGill

Murphy - Davis, Bingtao, Judd

Put those 4 in order of difficulty.

average ranking of opponent

selby 16.66
wilson 12.00
bingham 31.33
murphy 18.66

Postby Jester82

Holden Chinaski wrote:No way. Last year made everything good forever.

Somehow it does not show... :-)

The lack of confidence on your part does come out of every of your sentences.

Postby Iranu

Jester82 wrote:

Holden’s the most confident Ronnie fan on this forum.

Postby HappyCamper

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
LC wrote:Tournament over for me, none of these best selby over 4 sessions, sorry but trump is definitely showing that he’s a flat track bully and is the tinpot terminator, he’d swap 2 More WC for the 14 rankers he’s won in last 2 years

If you are the number one player you should be able to win titles regularly during the season and still compete at the Crucible. Although he could probably do with easing off on the Gibraltar Open.

he only entered gibraltar because of the silly european bonus.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Jester82 wrote:

<ok>

Postby mantorok

Holden Chinaski wrote:Judd is really living up to the Tinpot Terminator name. He bottled this. Even the typical outrageous fluke didn't help.

That’s why he said every tournament is the same, this loss is no different to a first round defeat in the Gibraltar Open.

Postby Sidetracked

Holden Chinaski wrote:Judd is really living up to the Tinpot Terminator name. He bottled this. Even the typical outrageous fluke didn't help.

He did seem to be struggling for form, which never seems to happen against Ronnie nowadays (annoyingly)!

Postby LDS

csprince wrote:
LDS wrote:
Sidetracked wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I wouldnt rule out Bingham yet. He arguably scored better than anyone else actually and he fancies it. Wilson has no hope against Selby I agree with that and Murphy has a slim chance.

Could Wilson tough it out against Selby perhaps? I find it hard to see past Selby though with what I've seen.

Selby hasn't faced a top 8 player in the tournament yet. You do tend to look good when you're playing easy marks. If you'll excuse the pun.

Who do you think's had the tougher run?

Let's take a look:

Selby - Maflin, Allen, Williams

Wilson - Wilson, Hawkins, Robertson

Bingham - Junhui, Jones, McGill

Murphy - Davis, Bingtao, Judd

Put those 4 in order of difficulty.

average ranking of opponent

selby 16.66
wilson 12.00
bingham 31.33
murphy 18.66

<ok> Someone gets it.

Postby Jester82

Iranu wrote:
Jester82 wrote:

He rather a unbalanced **** like the rest of them.

Postby Sidetracked

Holden Chinaski wrote:I am a Ronnie fan but there are other players I like as well and I'm a snooker fan first. I also feel Ronnie has won enough already and last year's win was the icing on the cake.

Last year was amazing for sure. Who do you think your favourite player will be when Ronnie stops playing?

Postby Iranu

Jester82 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Jester82 wrote:

I’m probably not the best person to talk smack about Ronnie fans too.

Postby csprince

Jester82 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Jester82 wrote:

holden isn't unbalanced he's usually the first ronnie fan to praise his opponent when ronnie loses.

Postby Iranu

Jester82 wrote:
csprince wrote:holden isn't unbalanced he's usually the first ronnie fan to praise his opponent when ronnie loses.

One wishes. Would make rather an exception tbh.

The buck do you know? You’re only here three weeks a year.

Postby Jester82

Iranu wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
csprince wrote:holden isn't unbalanced he's usually the first ronnie fan to praise his opponent when ronnie loses.

One wishes. Would make rather an exception tbh.

The buck do you know? You’re only here three weeks a year.

Enough to get the gist. :wave:

Postby vodkadiet1

Today emphasised why Hendry is the greatest. Robertson and then Trump bottled their big chance to become a multiple World Champion yet when Hendry was faced with the biggest achievement to be attained in the modern era in 1999 and against the toughest oppostion he stepped forward and claimed the ultimate prize, a record of World Championship victories. That was the greatest achievement in snooker history.

Postby Pink Ball

vodkadiet1 wrote:Today emphasised why Hendry is the greatest. Robertson and then Trump bottled their big chance to become a multiple World Champion yet when Hendry was faced with the biggest achievement to be attained in the modern era in 1999 and against the toughest oppostion he stepped forward and claimed the ultimate prize, a record of World Championship victories. That was the greatest achievement in snooker history.

It's just a pity he won his other six titles against the likes of sausage Head and Joe Bloggs, and is therefore, quite rightly, no longer considered the greatest player of all time.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Pink Ball wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Today emphasised why Hendry is the greatest. Robertson and then Trump bottled their big chance to become a multiple World Champion yet when Hendry was faced with the biggest achievement to be attained in the modern era in 1999 and against the toughest oppostion he stepped forward and claimed the ultimate prize, a record of World Championship victories. That was the greatest achievement in snooker history.

It's just a pity he won his other six titles against the likes of sausage Head and Joe Bloggs, and is therefore, quite rightly, no longer considered the greatest player of all time.

sausage Head had an amazing cue action.

Postby vodkadiet1

Pink Ball wrote:

You don't get it. When the pressure was at its greatest and against the toughest competition he succeeded. Today emphasised how difficult that was. Your opinion is just that and a very inaccurate one.

I await your friend O'Sullivan equalling the record. He couldn't take the pressure this year. Playing well and making lots of meaningless breaks in Mickey Mouse events may be a yardstick you use to measure greatness but I have higher standards. But please keep posting your theories as I find them amusing.

Postby Pink Ball

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

You don't get it. When the pressure was at its greatest and against the toughest competition he succeeded. Today emphasised how difficult that was. Your opinion is just that and a very inaccurate one.

I await your friend O'Sullivan equalling the record. He couldn't take the pressure this year. Playing well and making lots of meaningless breaks in Mickey Mouse events may be a yardstick you use to measure greatness but I have higher standards. But please keep posting your theories as I find them amusing.

You get it but refuse to say it because you don't like it. That is the difference between me, a man of logic, and you, a man of likeable but foolhardy passion.

Hendry did that in 1999, you are correct, and it was a wonderful achievement. To my mind, it was the greatest single world title of them all. But one swallow doesn't make a summer. The record books show that, at his peak, when he and the class of 1992 (and indeed Ebdon and Doherty) were going toe to toe, far more often than not, Hendry failed. And often quite badly, despite continuing to trounce everyone else. O'Sullivan stood up to that pressure far more impressively than Hendry. You know this, but we know that you let your feelings do the talking rather than choosing what is logical.

O'Sullivan, who is neither my friend nor someone I particularly like or dislike, has stood up to greater pressure on a more consistent basis, and his achievements are more impressive. His achievements go far beyond 'mickey mouse' tournaments and century-break records. His greatest achievement is winning six world titles despite having had his peak coincide with the strongest era in snooker history, and that is the greatest achievement any snooker player has had. Hendry's seven titles are far more impressive than Joe Davis's 15. Steve Davis's six titles are more impressive than Ray Reardon's six. Higgins's four are more impressive than Davis's six or Reardon's six. O'Sullivan's six are fairly comfortably more impressive even than Hendry's seven. That was already the case when he had only five. This is the reality, and I know you know it.

You don't find my opinions amusing. If you did, they wouldn't annoy you to the extent that they do. And they annoy you because they smack of nothing but logic and reason that does not play to your misplaced urges.

Remember: the truth shall set you free.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

You get it but refuse to say it because you don't like it. That is the difference between me, a man of logic, and you, a man of likeable but foolhardy passion.

Hendry did that in 1999, you are correct, and it was a wonderful achievement. To my mind, it was the greatest single world title of them all. But one swallow doesn't make a summer. The record books show that, at his peak, when he and the class of 1992 (and indeed Ebdon and Doherty) were going toe to toe, far more often than not, Hendry failed. And often quite badly, despite continuing to trounce everyone else. O'Sullivan stood up to that pressure far more impressively than Hendry. You know this, but we know that you let your feelings do the talking rather than choosing what is logical.

O'Sullivan, who is neither my friend nor someone I particularly like or dislike, has stood up to greater pressure on a more consistent basis, and his achievements are more impressive. His achievements go far beyond 'mickey mouse' tournaments and century-break records. His greatest achievement is winning six world titles despite having had his peak coincide with the strongest era in snooker history, and that is the greatest achievement any snooker player has had. Hendry's seven titles are far more impressive than Joe Davis's 15. Steve Davis's six titles are more impressive than Ray Reardon's six. Higgins's four are more impressive than Davis's six or Reardon's six. O'Sullivan's six are fairly comfortably more impressive even than Hendry's seven. That was already the case when he had only five. This is the reality, and I know you know it.

You don't find my opinions amusing. If you did, they wouldn't annoy you to the extent that they do. And they annoy you because they smack of nothing but logic and reason that does not play to your misplaced urges.

Remember: the truth shall set you free.

All hail Pinkie :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Sidetracked wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I am a Ronnie fan but there are other players I like as well and I'm a snooker fan first. I also feel Ronnie has won enough already and last year's win was the icing on the cake.

Last year was amazing for sure. Who do you think your favourite player will be when Ronnie stops playing?

I don't think I'll have one specific favourite. Right now my favourite players besides Ronnie are MJW, Ding, Ben Mertens, Yan, Dale, Luca, Wu Yize...