Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Thurs April 29th) Semi Final

Postby LDS

Scooper wrote:Nobody seems to know who they want to win this year

I do.

The best player on the day.

But in the very small margins of preference I'd go:

1. Wilson - a new champion would be a breath of fresh air IMO.
2. Selby - Legends always make for good champions.
3. Bingham and Murphy - can't separate them really, both one time champs that would have equal humour in overtaking certain other one-time champions.

I don't have any strong feelings against any of them winning though. I have no idea why as my dad is the kind of person who only watches most sports because he wants to see the villain-of-the-day lose, but I seem to have avoided that strand of genes & got my mother's in that chunk of the code.

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Kyren looks strong. I don't really want him to win but I admire his approach and progress

He is looking strong, very strong. Maybe we'll have a first time WC this year?

Postby Andre147

Ck147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Kyren looks strong. I don't really want him to win but I admire his approach and progress

Yeah that would be lovely. And just shows his tenacity, to come back straight from your first final last year and come back stronger.

I feel he wouldn't stand much of a chance against Selby, because I can't see him play like he did in this 1st session over 4 sessions in the final against Selby. And that would be the level required to beat him.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Yeah that would be lovely. And just shows his tenacity, to come back straight from your first final last year and come back stronger.

I feel he wouldn't stand much of a chance against Selby, because I can't see him play like he did in this 1st session over 4 sessions in the final against Selby. And that would be the level required to beat him.

Yeah, Selby is definitely favourite, but think Kyren has a really good chance. I've been supporting Kyren since the start, come on Kyren :)

Postby Andre147

Ck147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Yeah, Selby is definitely favourite, but think Kyren has a really good chance. I've been supporting Kyren since the start, come on Kyren :)

That's nice of you, since he knocked Robbo out.

I also noticed you even wanted Kyren to make the match close against him. Unfortunately for you, he got too close for confort and won.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

That's nice of you, since he knocked Robbo out.

I also noticed you even wanted Kyren to make the match close against him. Unfortunately for you, he got too close for confort and won.

You've got it all wrong, I don't know who this Robbo you mention is (is that Neil Robertson?) doesn't sound like someone I would support, Kyren is a hard worker, nice bloke, been supporting him this whole championships, wish him well.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Was that Seema's last session?

https://mobile.twitter.com/seemajaswal/ ... 5739992073

could be. They don't have morning sessions for the final or the need for later night highlights programmes so Hazel can cover afternoon and evenings.

Yes, and I think she does some Premier League show at weekends, so Saturday might be out.