Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Saturday May 1st) Semi Final

Postby Shogi

I reiterate my previous comment about post match rubbish stirring interviews producing unwise comments in the heat of the loss.

Also I enjoy watching Selbo play and am hopeful for a fun final with a good style contrast. With how Smurph played today and some of Selby’s play this tournament there is no reason it can’t be a great match.

Postby Acé

Bingham calling Selby out for gamesmanship, won me over as a bigger fan now

about damn time these players start calling him out. these is why you get such long matches and it's not a coincidence it always happens with Selby at the crucible, ALWAYS

Postby LDS

SnookerFan wrote:
LDS wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
motorhead wrote:wow just saw the quote from the BBC interview, is Bingham for real? lost all respect for him.
They were both at 28ast

What did he say?

Bitching about Selby taking 3 minutes to play a shot as oppose to playing free flowing snooker.

Wasn't pretty much everyone else doing that too?

Probably.

There's been a lot of momentum for speeding up the game in recent years & that will inevitably turn the spotlight on the tactical players.

Postby motorhead

'Run of the ball' - what about the luck
@markjesterselby
got in the final frame not leaving the yellow, then green on. Utter nonsense, again after a semi final. Same last year when beaten by Ronnie

Good reply :-D

Postby Iranu

Overall AST isn’t the point, Selby took inordinate amounts of time on some shots.

BUT. Bingham had his chance for the decider. He failed. That has nothing to do with AST especially after the break.

Postby awj8

Bingham complaining Selby used gamesmanship taking too long on shots! They had the same average shot time and the bloke Bingham got the most ridiculous run of the ball I've ever seen in the WSC and still lost

Postby HappyCamper

He was asked about slow play and said sometimes the frames went awkward with a red over a pocket so they both had to deal with, and there were a couple occasions like the three minute shot that bordered on gamesmanship. Which is pretty accurate.

Postby motorhead

Prop wrote:In Bingham’s defence, during that period of the match Selby was on 39 seconds and Bingo (undoubtedly dragged down to) 30.

He does have a bit of a point.

yea, of course that's what cost him the match. lmao.

Postby motorhead

mick745 wrote:I am so happy my boy Selby is back to try to win his fourth world title.

Great performance from 11-13 down.

And a superb safety shot on the green to ultimately win it it has to be said.

Dat snooker on the green :dance2:

Postby Iranu

HappyCamper wrote:He was asked about slow play and said sometimes the frames went awkward with a red over a pocket so they both had to deal with, and there were a couple occasions like the three minute shot that bordered on gamesmanship. Which is pretty accurate.

Yep.

Postby awj8

motorhead wrote:'Run of the ball' - what about the luck
@markjesterselby
got in the final frame not leaving the yellow, then green on. Utter nonsense, again after a semi final. Same last year when beaten by Ronnie

Good reply :-D

What about the two flukes Bingham had in the frame? First of which helped him racked up loads of points and the second gave him safety initiative whilst ahead. It balanced out in that frame. Certainly not over the match.

Postby LDS

Iranu wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:He was asked about slow play and said sometimes the frames went awkward with a red over a pocket so they both had to deal with, and there were a couple occasions like the three minute shot that bordered on gamesmanship. Which is pretty accurate.

Yep.

Yes, but he went on to say more, your synopsis cuts out before the more juicy bits.

Postby awj8

I was surprised and disappointed by Wilson's capitulation despite supporting Murphy. That was a shocking end to the match for Wilson. Yes, Murphy was on fire the last 4-5 frames but to lose 12 of the last 13 frames is weird for a player so strong.

Postby Iranu

LDS wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Yep.

Yes, but he went on to say more, your synopsis cuts out before the more juicy bits.

I’ve just listened to the Eurosport interview which is a lot more ‘problematic’.

Postby Shogi

Parrott is terrible at hiding his biases, a pretty stupid trait in a professional commentator. You can always tell when he’s choking on ashes.

If you’re Smurph how are you feeling bout this result? Gutted at not getting a chance to rewrite 2015? Happy you don’t have that one playing on your mind? Buzzing at the chance to pull top quality gurns while Selbo does his eighth slow lap of the table on his way to a scintillating 9?