Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Saturday May 1st) Semi Finals !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 17th of April~Monday 3rd of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

What can we say about Mark Selby he faught tooth and nail to get in level after a fantastic session from Stuart Bingham but its 13-11 over night all to play for at 2.30pm

And as you were between Kyren Wilson and Shaun Murphy a 4 frame lead for Wilson going in to session 3 in the Morning and playing to a finish from 7pm

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Saturday 1st of May

10am

Kyren Wilson 10-6 Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 6-3

2.30pm

**Stuart Bingham 13-11 Mark Selby Bingham leads 18-17

7pm

**Kyren Wilson 10-6 Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 6-3

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Saturday May 1st) Semi Final

Postby eraserhead

Wildey wrote:What can we say about Mark Selby he faught tooth and nail to get in level after a fantastic session from Stuart Bingham but its 13-11 over night all to play for at 2.30pm

:bj:

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:What can we say about Stuart Bingham? He played brilliantly to fight back from 9-7 down, winning the session 6-2. He leads 13-11 overnight.

Funny, Selby finds himself in a reverse role to last year, when he led 13-11 himself and lost.

It's a small lead, but Bingham doesn't seem to be affected by Selby's tactics so I think he'll win.

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:Come on Stuart win 3 of the first 4 frames tomorrow afternoon and that should be job done. Easier said then done of course.

They'll share the first 4 for me, 15-13. I think it has all the makings of a decider, unless Bingham pulls away early.

Postby Iranu

Selby didn’t even play badly tonight, really. Bingham was excellent (and got a healthy dose of luck at a crucial stage).

Let’s not pretend that coming out of it 2-6 was a relatively strong result from a scrappy underdog who was playing terribly.

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:Selby didn’t even play badly tonight, really. Bingham was excellent (and got a healthy dose of luck at a crucial stage).

Let’s not pretend that coming out of it 2-6 was a relatively strong result from a scrappy underdog who was playing terribly.

:goodpost:

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:Selby didn’t even play badly tonight, really. Bingham was excellent (and got a healthy dose of luck at a crucial stage).

Selby fought tooth and nail but got buck all, so why praise him over Bingham? The two frames he won were frames he should have won anyway. Three frames were pure Selby frames, and the score from those frames? Selby 0-3 Bingham.

Postby Andre147

Bingham was brilliant, got the luck at the right time, and Selby terrible most of it. The missed blue in that hour long frame, plus the safety on the final black tells us how his night went.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:

Bingham was brilliant, got the luck at the right time, and Selby terrible most of it. The missed blue in that hour long frame, plus the safety on the final black tells us how his night went.

tomorrow is another day honest to god can not see anything bar a selby win from here

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

tomorrow is another day honest to god can not see anything bar a selby win from here

17-16 win Bingham for me.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

17-16 win Bingham for me.

Bingham has zero chance now he needed a bigger lead going in to the final session Selby has had a terrible match and won 11 frames Bingham has been by miles the better player but got a 2 frame lead its curtains for stu from here mate.

Postby Wildey

Scooper wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Scooper wrote:If you really think bingo has zero chance, why not get to the bookies?

i dont bet its a mugs game.

Why? Odds are in bingo’s favour so you can make mint if he’s no chance

its a slippery slope

Postby Pink Ball

Let's get one thing straight. I also think Selby will win later today, and that's because I believe Selby is still a comfortably better player overall than Bingham, for whom a two-frame lead is not going to be quite enough.

Selby has played some decent match-play snooker overall, but I'm not going to praise him for his performance in the third session. He was dreadful, and his matchplay was dreadful. He made a pig's ear of that final frame and also lost another frame that he definitely should have won as it was tailor-made for him. He lost the session 6-2 and has suffered a four-frame swing, and he absolutely could have done better. A clued-in Selby, even when playing quite badly on the face of it, gets 3-5 or even 4-4 from that session. On this occasion he struggled for form but, and this is a rareity, has fuck-all to show for it.

Compare that session to his outstanding damage limitation against Ding in the third session of their 2017 semi-final, and it's like night and day. Anybody praising his third-session performance this time around simply has their head up his bottom. All he has done is make life more difficult for himself later today. Will he overcome it? I quite strongly suspect he will, but if he wins, he wins in spite of his third session, not because of it.