Post a reply

Re: BetVictor German Masters Qualifying !!!!

Postby Raziel

Juddernaut88 wrote:Jack Lisowski wins 5-3 :D

Did you see that Jack was one millimetre away from going in off on that last brown, and giving Pagett an easy four ball clearance to level.

Jack put his head in his hands. Very lucky.

Postby lhpirnie

HappyCamper wrote:despite the max thep now trailing 4-3. been a good match,

Yes Thepchaiya has struggled for consistency. Fan's a great talent, but very fragile. He's admitted to psychological problems, but at least he's not refusing centuries anymore. I find his technique fascinating, and I'm still undecided whether he can make it playing in such a way.

Postby Raziel

chengdufan wrote:Some tasty looking matches up next.

I'm going to watch Wu Yize v Brecel

Me too. Should be a good match.

I was going to watch Neil Robertson, but I have not found his matches very interesting lately.

Postby Juddernaut88

Raziel wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Jack Lisowski wins 5-3 :D

Did you see that Jack was one millimetre away from going in off on that last brown, and giving Pagett an easy four ball clearance to level.

Jack put his head in his hands. Very lucky.

Yep he certainly was very lucky there to be fair.

Postby cupotee

lhpirnie wrote:

Yes Thepchaiya has struggled for consistency. Fan's a great talent, but very fragile. He's admitted to psychological problems, but at least he's not refusing centuries anymore. I find his technique fascinating, and I'm still undecided whether he can make it playing in such a way.

i think there's a thin dividing line between consistency and just the realisation that the tour has a lot of good players and nothing or very little is easy , i watched about the last three frames of this match and saw very little wrong with un nooh just two good players fighting hammer and tongs , who do you favour in the zhengyi vs lu ning match tomorrow , cheers.

Postby Raziel

lhpirnie wrote:

Why was he refusing centuries?

I would love to make a century. :-)

Postby lhpirnie

cupotee wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

i think there's a thin dividing line between consistency and just the realisation that the tour has a lot of good players and nothing or very little is easy , i watched about the last three frames of this match and saw very little wrong with un nooh just two good players fighting hammer and tongs , who do you favour in the zhengyi vs lu ning match tomorrow , cheers.

Thepchaiya played some terrible shots near the end. It was Fan's biggest win so far, but I expect Lu Ning to beat him quite easily. Lu can control the game and limit Fan's chances.

Postby lhpirnie

Raziel wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

He would normally just bash the balls around in the 90's. He wanted to make a 147 as his first professional century, and he nearly did it against Zak Surety, missing a red into the yellow pocket on 96. But he got terrible abuse on social media and stopped refusing them.

Postby Raziel

lhpirnie wrote:
Raziel wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

He would normally just bash the balls around in the 90's. He wanted to make a 147 as his first professional century, and he nearly did it against Zak Surety, missing a red into the yellow pocket on 96. But he got terrible abuse on social media and stopped refusing them.

Oh, I see. And he got terrible abuse on social media for that. If he doesn't want to make tons, he doesn't have to. It's his choice and no one else's. Stupid social media trolls. :irk:

Postby lhpirnie

Raziel wrote:Oh, I see. And he got terrible abuse on social media for that. If he doesn't want to make tons, he doesn't have to. It's his choice and no one else's. Stupid social media trolls. :irk:

Yes it was a tough time for the teenager. He said in an interview that he was having a miserable time in the UK (he stayed here throughout the lockdown when there were no tournaments) and felt he wasn't doing himself justice on the table. Most likely the century thing was a sign of despair.

Postby cupotee

lhpirnie wrote:
cupotee wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

Thepchaiya played some terrible shots near the end. It was Fan's biggest win so far, but I expect Lu Ning to beat him quite easily. Lu can control the game and limit Fan's chances.

you said to me that billy joe castle should do alright , what did you see in him , the only time i watched him was vs tian pengfei in the crucible qualifiers and i thought he was pretty poor to be fair.

Postby lhpirnie

cupotee wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:
cupotee wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

you said to me that billy joe castle should do alright , what did you see in him , the only time i watched him was vs tian pengfei in the crucible qualifiers and i thought he was pretty poor to be fair.

Did I say that? I don't think I've ever rated Castle, except perhaps in Q School.

Postby Raziel

lhpirnie wrote:
Raziel wrote:Oh, I see. And he got terrible abuse on social media for that. If he doesn't want to make tons, he doesn't have to. It's his choice and no one else's. Stupid social media trolls. :irk:

Yes it was a tough time for the teenager. He said in an interview that he was having a miserable time in the UK (he stayed here throughout the lockdown when there were no tournaments) and felt he wasn't doing himself justice on the table. Most likely the century thing was a sign of despair.

OK. I understand.

Anyway, I like his style, so I have put him on my 'Chinese players to watch' list, along with Zhao Xintong and Wu Yize. :-)

Postby chengdufan

Brecel hasn't played brilliantly, but Wu Yize has missed far too many routine pots.

When I see Wu from behind he looks like a Jimmy White Jr.

Postby lhpirnie

cupotee wrote:i'll get one of my researchers to dig it out , no i think lu ning's a good player too , we'll see , do you think gao yang has a chance vs judd in berlin ?

No chance at all. But Gao has just turned 17, and is a terrific talent. People writing him off as 'useless' after the Trump match in Belfast probably haven't seen him play any other matches. He only played a few shots in that match anyway.

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:Brecel hasn't played brilliantly, but Wu Yize has missed far too many routine pots.

When I see Wu from behind he looks like a Jimmy White Jr.

He's trying too hard in this match. When he relaxes he plays very smoothly, like a young Thepchaiya. There are videos of him making 147's in ridiculous times, like under 5 mins.

Postby cupotee

lhpirnie wrote:
cupotee wrote:i'll get one of my researchers to dig it out , no i think lu ning's a good player too , we'll see , do you think gao yang has a chance vs judd in berlin ?

No chance at all. But Gao has just turned 17, and is a terrific talent. People writing him off as 'useless' after the Trump match in Belfast probably haven't seen him play any other matches. He only played a few shots in that match anyway.

no i watched him beat mitchell mann around november last year , looked very solid then and bound to get better i'm sure.

Postby Raziel

SnookerFan wrote:
Raziel wrote:He won the frame 93-0 with eight reds left.

bucking hell. That's a lot of foul points.

He was snookered on all the reds. He got called foul and a miss about 8 times in a row. But he hit the black 4 times in a row. It was quite funny to watch. :-)

Postby James Bentley

Raziel wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Raziel wrote:He won the frame 93-0 with eight reds left.

bucking hell. That's a lot of foul points.

He was snookered on all the reds. He got called foul and a miss about 8 times in a row. But he hit the black 4 times in a row. It was quite funny to watch. :-)

Yeah, it was 51 points in total! Mad stuff.

Postby LC

Raziel wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:
Raziel wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

Oh, I see. And he got terrible abuse on social media for that. If he doesn't want to make tons, he doesn't have to. It's his choice and no one else's. Stupid social media trolls. :irk:

Uh nooh refused centuries so his first pro century was a max? When was this years ago, he’s been a pro for years hasn’t he?