Post a reply

Re: BetVictor German Masters Qualifying !!!!

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Tian gets a frame back. Judd leading 3-1 at the mid session interval. Surely surely it's not going to happen to Judd again is it?

Always positive.

Good evening Lord Andre.

Well,i,m tryin to think if there,s any positives Hendry can take from losing 5-2 to Yang. :chin:

Aye,there is,there,s always summit positive to take. :roll:

Stephen made one 50+ break + he won 2 frames!. :cracker: :happy: :-D

In all seriousness though,i aint gutted,i,m only gutted when Hendry loses a decider,but yeah,i,m cheesed off!. >-(

At least The Juddernaut won though. :roll: :-)

Oh,and talkin of being gutted.Sonys Freind,Hugill lost his 5th decider in a row!,he must be well n truly GUUUUUTTED!. :dizzy: :dizzy:

Postby Andre147

Good evening hendry-fan!

I know you asked my whereabouts the other day, but I've been very busy the past 2 weeks reffing the European Champs in my country.

Still, I managed to watch some of the tournament, and was happy Allen won his home tournament in a good tense final.

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:Andre how did your refereeing go? I hope to see you on the tv refereeing plenty of tournaments in the next year or so :)

It went very well once again, much like last year. But very tiring this time, with 9 events over 2 weeks, it was the most exhausting tournament I've ever done, and all of us shared same opinion.

Won't be easy to see me on TV, at least for a while. It doesn't all depend on me unfortunately, but one day I'll be a regular on it, that's what I strive for. I love Snooker and refereeing and for me that's the most important thing.

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:Hendry’s best performance since coming back remains his first one (unless I’m forgetting something)

The first one, he lost 4-1 to Selt. The frame he won was with a century to level at 1-1, but he missed a lot thereafter. He potted some decent long ‘uns, but fell down on some of the more straightforward ones. Was a so-so performance. His wins have been :

V. Jimmy White 6-3 (comedy of errors, from both)
V. Chris Wakelin 3-2 (decent result, no big breaks from either)
V. Michael White 4-1 (best result, on paper, I would say. Given White has won a Ranker in recent years, and was in the top 16. Has to be measured against how far he has fallen, how quickly since though; and technically, it was a pro’ against an amateur!)

I’m not really sure why he came back, when he did. The timing was all a bit odd. It only strengthens my belief that he retired too hastily. Could still have been a force of sorts - maybe even a contender for shorter format tournaments - for four or five years from 2012.

But in the here and now, I’m not really sure where he goes from here; he’s light years away from qualifying for a major (or even minor) tournament, sadly.

Postby Wildey

That was a embarrassing showing from Hendry he not only missed positions he missed easy pots and his long game is going backwards quickly.

He had plenty of chances to make the match closer and he flopped if that is the best he can offer he might as well pack his cue away.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:Good evening hendry-fan!

I know you asked my whereabouts the other day, but I've been very busy the past 2 weeks reffing the European Champs in my country.

Still, I managed to watch some of the tournament, and was happy Allen won his home tournament in a good tense final.

Good Morning Andre.

Aha,thats what you were up to.

I thought it,s very unlike Andre not to even wirite 1 comment,especially during a Top tourney like the NI Open. :-D

I then thought,maybe it was cause you did a Dan- :cat: :chin:,in other words,that you got caught up with some bird,or birds. ;-) :-D

Great to hear you,re doin well in refereeing. <ok>

I genuinley hope that you,ll fulfill your dream,and that we,ll see ya on the Telly sometime. <cool>

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:Andre how did your refereeing go? I hope to see you on the tv refereeing plenty of tournaments in the next year or so :)

So do I <ok>

Can we get a Snooker Island logo on your tux? :chuckle:

Postby gninnur karona

Wildey wrote:That was a embarrassing showing from Hendry he not only missed positions he missed easy pots and his long game is going backwards quickly.

He had plenty of chances to make the match closer and he flopped if that is the best he can offer he might as well pack his cue away.

From the two frames I watched I sensed Stephen Hendry out of sync. No doubt he knows the game inside-out but with almost a decade since quitting the professional circuit realigning brain and body will take time. Whether he has the appetite to scrap until the fluency returns? I guess that depends upon where he thinks his new ceiling is located, which in turn is partly dependent on how dedicated he wishes to be. He owes the game nothing. His journey. Let's enjoy it.

Postby Wildey

gninnur karona wrote:
Wildey wrote:That was a embarrassing showing from Hendry he not only missed positions he missed easy pots and his long game is going backwards quickly.

From the two frames I watched I sensed Stephen Hendry out of sync. No doubt he knows the game inside-out but with almost a decade since quitting the professional circuit realigning brain and body will take time. Whether he has the appetite to scrap until the fluency returns? I guess that depends upon where he thinks his new ceiling is located, which in turn is partly dependent on how dedicated he wishes to be. He owes the game nothing. His journey. Let's enjoy it.

Yea but his long game was far better against Selt in his first match back than it was yesterday he's going backwards with his game

Postby Prop

Judd’s playing well. 2-0 against The Sheriff. I wonder if he took any notice of what Hamilton said about his form in that podcast.