Post a reply

Re: BetVictor German Masters Qualifying !!!!

Postby Raziel

lhpirnie wrote:
Raziel wrote:
I hope he plays, because I love watching his matches. But he intended to play in the British Open and then pulled out witout giving any kind of reason. I just hope my prediction DOESN'T come true.

Well he submitted a doctor's note saying he was unwell. He had spent the weekend playing exhibitions, which might have have contributed.

I am not accusing Ronnie O'Sullivan of any kind of wrongdoing. However, if ANYONE sees a private GP, tells him they are feeling unwell and gives him £250 - he will DEFINITELY write that in a note for you. Does that kind of doctor's note really mean anything?

I have known Ronnie O'Sullivan since his teenage pro-am days, but I have not seen him in person for about ten years. People worship him, but in real life he can be an absolute spoiled little brat. That is the truth, and I am not bothered if people don't like me telling it.

However, I love watching him play, and I hope he plays in all the tournaments this season - and for many seasons to come.

EDIT: One of my 'Ronnie' experiences.

I have played Ronnie O'Sullivan at least half a dozen times in pro-ams when he was in his early teens. He usually murdered me. I only beat him once, in a best of three. I think Ronnie was 13 at the time. After my solitary win, Ronnie ran crying (literally) to Vic Harris saying that I only won because I would not allow him a free ball (there were not enough referees for all the matches, we had to ref ourselves). It was not a free ball - you could have driven a f**kin bus through there. At the time, he could have asked one of the wandering refs for a second opinion, but he didn't. He only chose to moan about it AFTER HE LOST.

He had the mindset of spoiled brat then, and I don't think it's much different now. If Ronnie doesn't get his way, watch out!
Last edited by Raziel on 24 Oct 2021, edited 4 times in total.

Postby Andre147

Raziel wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:
Raziel wrote:
I hope he plays, because I love watching his matches. But he intended to play in the British Open and then pulled out witout giving any kind of reason. I just hope my prediction DOESN'T come true.

Well he submitted a doctor's note saying he was unwell. He had spent the weekend playing exhibitions, which might have have contributed.

I am not a fan of Ronnie's machinations. If ANYONE sees a private GP, tells him they are feeling unwell and gives him £250 - he will DEFINITELY write that in a note for you. It is essentially meaningless.

I have known Ronnie O'Sullivan since his teenage pro-am days, but I have not seen him in person for about ten years. People worship him, but in real life he can be an absolute spoiled little brat. That is the truth, and I am not bothered if people don't like me telling it.

However, I love watching him play, and I hope he plays in all the tournaments this season - and for many seasons to come.

I have played Ronnie O'Sullivan at least half a dozen times in pro-ams when he was in his early teens. He usually murdered me. I only beat him once, in a best of three. I think Ronnie was 13 at the time. After my solitary win, Ronnie ran crying (literally) to Vic Harris saying that I only won because I would not allow him a free ball (there were not enough referees for all the matches, we had to ref ourselves). It was not a free ball - you could have driven a f**kin bus through there. At the time, he could have asked one of the wandering refs for a second opinion, but he didn't. He only chose to moan about it AFTER HE LOST.

He had the mindset of spoiled brat then, and I don't think it's much different now. If Ronnie doesn't get his way, watch out!

That's great Raziel! Who are you, if I may ask? Maybe we've met already, or maybe I've even reffed one of your matches in amateur events.

Postby Raziel

Andre147 wrote:
Raziel wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:
Raziel wrote:

I am not a fan of Ronnie's machinations. If ANYONE sees a private GP, tells him they are feeling unwell and gives him £250 - he will DEFINITELY write that in a note for you. It is essentially meaningless.

That's great Raziel! Who are you, if I may ask? Maybe we've met already, or maybe I've even reffed one of your matches in amateur events.

Hi Andre147.

My real name is Mike Tremayne. I am 61 years old now. I was active on the pro-am circuit during the late 80s and early 90s. At that time, I mistakenly thought I was good enough to turn professional. I must have entered over 150 pro-ams, but I only ever won one. A small 'midnight classic' in Plymouth where I won £100. I played in pro-ams all over the country, meeting virtually everyone involved in snooker at the time. But, eventually, it dawned on me that I was nowhere near good enough to turn professional. So I stopped all the travelling and just played league snooker from then on.

Out of all the hundreds (maybe thousands) of people I met in snooker over the years, I only took a real dislike to two people. One was Ronnie O'Sullivan and the other one was Willie Thorne. (You can probably guess why I took a dislike to Willie Thorne, but I will tell the story if you want to hear it.)

I don't remember knowing you, Andre. But if you do remember me, let me know. :-)

Postby chengdufan

Lovely 84 break from Zhao Jianbo and he takes a 2-0 lead over Slessor.

It's the first time I've seen Zhao play and he looks good.

Postby chengdufan

Very good performance and a 5-2 win for Zhao.
The youngster has been one of the top performers of the 2020-21 tour qualifiers. He's one to watch.

Postby chengdufan

Crazy fluke for Gilbert but it only nets him 8.
He's 21 up with 4 reds left, three of which are tied up together on the side cushion.

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:Very good performance and a 5-2 win for Zhao.
The youngster has been one of the top performers of the 2020-21 tour qualifiers. He's one to watch.

Yes he's a great potter, and he's also capable of holding his nerve. I first saw him in the Chinese nationals when he was 14. He reached the Q-finals and gave Yan Bingtao a good game. He had a tremendous junior record and has done OK on the pro tour, but probably not quite enough to avoid relegation. I think he's originally from Sichuan Province, but he spent time in Guangzhou.
Last edited by lhpirnie on 25 Oct 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SteveJJ

Matthew Stevens v Ken Doherty this afternoon. 20 years ago that pairing would befit the latter stages of a tournament not the last 64.

Both need the points to stay on tour...although Ken would get another wildcard regardless

Postby TheRocket

SteveJJ wrote:Matthew Stevens v Ken Doherty this afternoon. 20 years ago that pairing would befit the latter stages of a tournament not the last 64.

Both need the points to stay on tour...although Ken would get another wildcard regardless

no doubt. They played a Mastersfinal and no one would have been surprised if they had met in a World final.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Raziel wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:
Raziel wrote:

I am not accusing Ronnie O'Sullivan of any kind of wrongdoing. However, if ANYONE sees a private GP, tells him they are feeling unwell and gives him £250 - he will DEFINITELY write that in a note for you. Does that kind of doctor's note really mean anything?

Ronnie was 13 at the time. I doubt he's the same now at 45 years old. I hope people don't judge me for anything I did when I was a child.

Postby Iranu

SteveJJ wrote:Matthew Stevens v Ken Doherty this afternoon. 20 years ago that pairing would befit the latter stages of a tournament not the last 64.

But some things never change, with Stevens losing 5-3 from 3-1 up.