Post a reply

Re: BetVictor European Masters Qualifying !!!!

Postby chengdufan

Pang deservedly wins.
The balls tended to spread nicely for him, but he took full advantage.

Really enjoyed that one (watched while accompanying the kids on their trick or treat rounds)

Postby lhpirnie

Raziel wrote:Great double kiss safety shot from Pang there. I've got that one wrong more than a few times. <laugh>

Yes, although I remember playing those in the 1980's, it's rarely been used at professional level. The CBSA academy (Pang's alma mater) do train them in some unorthodox safeties, such as playing a thin red off side cushion before top and back to baulk, which is increasingly used in the modern game.

Postby Raziel

:-D
chengdufan wrote:Pang deservedly wins.

Really enjoyed that one (watched while accompanying the kids on their trick or treat rounds)

I remember those times. Mine are all grown up now.

All they do now is ask me to lend them money. :roll: <laugh>
Last edited by Raziel on 30 Oct 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

“What’s your costume?”

“A snooker fanatic.”

Postby chengdufan

Iranu wrote:

“What’s your costume?”

“A snooker fanatic.”

rofl
That's exactly right. Or more precisely a drag queen snooker fanatic (daughter insisted on making me up)

Postby Raziel

lhpirnie wrote:
Raziel wrote:Great double kiss safety shot from Pang there. I've got that one wrong more than a few times. <laugh>

Yes, although I remember playing those in the 1980's, it's rarely been used at professional level. The CBSA academy (Pang's alma mater) do train them in some unorthodox safeties, such as playing a thin red off side cushion before top and back to baulk, which is increasingly used in the modern game.

Both those shots are are good to have in your arsenal.

But I only ever used them when my options were limited, because I could never guarantee getting the cue ball very near to where I wanted it to end up. :-)

Postby Iranu

HUGE error from Li Hang!

He lands close to a red off the pink and when trying to avoid a push shot he hits the red FAR too softly and hands the frame to Hendry.

Postby Raziel

Iranu wrote:HUGE error from Li Hang!

He lands close to a red off the pink and when trying to avoid a push shot he hits the red FAR too softly and hands the frame to Hendry.

Yes, Hendry was lucky there. It was difficult to avoid the push, but I think Li Hang would get that shot far more often than he would miss it. As you said, huge error.

Still, 2 - 2, let's see what happens. :-)

Postby Wildey

That was quite clearly a winnable match for Hendry had bucket load of chances, but his position let him down a lot yea he missed pots but so did Li Hang who doesn't but looks to me hes not used to these tables maybe hes not practising as hard as he should incredible thing to say, but his position was his downfall. He did not miss the glaring errors he did in the German Masters, that's the only positive.

Postby TheRocket

Time for Hendry to pack in. He tried his hardest in the late 00's until 2012 when he was still full time pro and it didnt work. Now he has no chance, even with all the Sightright technique.

Postby SnookerEd25

TheRocket wrote:Time for Hendry to pack in. He tried his hardest in the late 00's until 2012 when he was still full time pro and it didnt work. Now he has no chance, even with all the Sightright technique.

Stephen Hendry lifts the 2025 World Championship : “I was spurred on by all those people who wrote me off on Snooker Island four years ago” :chuckle:

Postby SnookerEd25

TheRocket wrote:Time for Hendry to pack in. He tried his hardest in the late 00's until 2012 when he was still full time pro and it didnt work. Now he has no chance, even with all the Sightright technique.

Stephen Hendry lifts the 2025 World Championship : “I was spurred on by all those people who wrote me off on Snooker Island four years ago” :chuckle:

EDIT : I’m on my mobile; told me the first submission had failed :grrr:

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:That was quite clearly a winnable match for Hendry had bucket load of chances, but his position let him down a lot yea he missed pots but so did Li Hang who doesn't but looks to me hes not used to these tables maybe hes not practising as hard as he should incredible thing to say, but his position was his downfall. He did not miss the glaring errors he did in the German Masters, that's the only positive.

His position has been his biggest weakness since he came back. Particularly shots like in and out of baulk, but across the board really.

For someone with his precision in his prime I’m sure that’s really galling.

Postby SnookerFan

Raziel wrote:
Iranu wrote:Gilbert-Robertson was a fantastic match. Not surprising since they’re two form players this season.

I wish I'd watched that one, instead of the Hendry match. >-(

Watached.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Raziel wrote:
Iranu wrote:Gilbert-Robertson was a fantastic match. Not surprising since they’re two form players this season.

I wish I'd watched that one, instead of the Hendry match. >-(

Watached.

<ok>

Postby chengdufan

Thin pickings in the morning and afternoon games today. I think I'll watache Vafaei Devlin, but the prospect of it isn't exactly lifting my kilt.

Postby Raziel

chengdufan wrote:Thin pickings in the morning and afternoon games today. I think I'll watache Vafaei Devlin, but the prospect of it isn't exactly lifting my kilt.

Nothing much today is lifting my kilt, either. <laugh>

But tomorrow is great:

https://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com ... -open-2021

And I will get commentary. I have had no commentary at all on Eurosport player for these latest qualifiers

I know we snooker fanatics dont really need commentary. But, personally, I just like to hear what the commentators have to say. I like to hear their statistics and things like that. :-)

Postby James Bentley

Yes, it'll be great to get back into a proper tournament again. These qualifiers are all very well and I enjoy watching them - any snooker is better than no snooker, after all - but it's all a bit like endless foreplay with no satisfactory resolution.