Post a reply

Bildbet German Masters Last 32 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 26th - Sunday 30th of January at Tempodrom, Berlin, Germany

German Masters in its 12th staging won twice by Mark Williams (2011,2018) and Judd Trump (2020,2021).

There have been some surprise winners in the shape of Martin Gould in 2016 and 26 years after Turning Professional Anthony Hamilton won his only Ranking Tournament in 2017.

This year there will be no Gould or Hamilton in the event with 5 former champions lost in qualifying including Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Defending Champion Judd Trump and World Champion Mark Selby heading the field in Berlin.

Who will reach the last 16?

DRAW

Last 32
Judd Trump v Gao Yang Trump leads 2-0
Anthony McGill v Zhou Yuelong Tied at 2-2
Tom Ford v Stephen Maguire Maguire leads 6-5
Zhao Xintong v Mark Williams Williams leads 4-1
Kyren Wilson v Jimmy Robertson Wilson leads 2-1
Michael Georgiou v Craig Steadman Tied at 1-1
Zhang Anda v Luca Brecel Brecel leads 4-1
Ricky Walden v Neil Robertson Robertson leads 8-4
----------------------------------------------
Andrew Higginson v Liang Wenbo Liang Wenbo leads 9-3
Liam Highfield v Fan Zhengyi Highfield leads 2-0
Lyu Haotian v Mark Allen Allen leads 3-0
Kurt Maflin v Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 3-2
Noppon Saengkham v Ryan Day Day leads 3-1
Sam Craigie v Ken Doherty Craigie leads 3-1
David Gilbert v Yan Bingtao Yan Bingtao leads 2-1
Barry Pinches v Mark Selby Selby leads 6-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Bildbet German Masters Last 32 !!!

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:Seems odd that this can be in Germany, but the German Masters can't be.

This is the German Masters lol. Did you mean it's odd the European Masters is no longer being played in Germany?

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Seems odd that this can be in Germany, but the German Masters can't be.

This is the German Masters lol. Did you mean it's odd the European Masters is no longer being played in Germany?

The European Masters was scheduled to be in Furth until the middle of December, then they moved it to Milton Keynes because of German Covid rules. It doesn't seem to have affected the German Masters being held in Berlin.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

The European Masters was scheduled to be in Furth until the middle of December, then they moved it to Milton Keynes because of German Covid rules. It doesn't seem to have affected the German Masters being held in Berlin.

Germany is a federal republic. Fürth is in Bavaria, a different state from Berlin.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

Germany is a federal republic. Fürth is in Bavaria, a different state from Berlin.

Postby Yanfan

SnookerFan wrote:Yeah, they could've put Xintong and Mark Williams on in the evening.

Definitely. Mind you, they also had a lot of the good matches in the Masters on in the afternoon. I don't really know why they let that happen. Maybe it's just the way the draw panned out, I suppose.

SnookerFan wrote:We should all agree to call in sick and watache it. rofl

I wish I could work from home. rofl

I am lucky. I have the snooker on in the background when I am doing my schoolwork. My parents don't mind as long as my grades are OK. :-)

SnookerFan wrote:We reckon the Robbo match will be the main TV match tomorrow?

I think it probably will be. Especially now Judd had a walkover and now doesn't play until Thursday evening. I like watching Robbo. I try to cue like him when I play. Try, and fail, I should say. <laugh>

Anyway, come on, Yan! (for Thursday) <ok> :-D

Postby SnookerFan

Yanfan wrote:Definitely. Mind you, they also had a lot of the good matches in the Masters on in the afternoon. I don't really know why they let that happen. Maybe it's just the way the draw panned out, I suppose.

That happens every year with The Masters.

In the UK, the BBC insist on it I think. Though it's on Eurosport too, the BBC is the main channel. The BBC only show live play on the main channel in the afternoon and online/Red Button in the evening, so they decide to put the bigger matches on in the afternoon because that's when they know more people would be watching.

Postby Yanfan

SnookerFan wrote:
Yanfan wrote:Definitely. Mind you, they also had a lot of the good matches in the Masters on in the afternoon. I don't really know why they let that happen. Maybe it's just the way the draw panned out, I suppose.

In the UK, the BBC insist on it I think. Though it's on Eurosport too, the BBC is the main channel. The BBC only show live play on the main channel in the afternoon and online/Red Button in the evening, so they decide to put the bigger matches on in the afternoon because that's when they know more people would be watching.

Ah, OK. That does make perfect sense. I understand now. Thank you. <ok>

I am not a fan of the BBC at all, but I like John Virgo's funny commentary, so I do watch some of their coverage.

Postby SnookerFan

Yanfan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Ah, OK. That does make perfect sense. I understand now. Thank you. <ok>

I am not a fan of the BBC at all, but I like John Virgo's funny commentary, so I do watch some of their coverage.

I cut backwards and forwards between BBC and Eurosport, but the last few years have tended to stray more onto BBC. Unless Eurosport is easier. (If a match isn't on BBC 2 or Red Button, I can change channel to Eurosport. It's quicker than going through to the I-Player, which tends to be about a minute behind anyway.

I get why people wouldn't be a fan of the BBC, but I think it's important to support it as snooker needs a strong freeview presence. Also, it's a bit of variety as it's on Eurosport all year round.

Postby Juddernaut88

I also switch between BBC and Eurosport, Usually in the afternoon I will watch BBC but in the evenings I switch to Eurosport, BBC red button is also like a minute behind actual coverage which gets annoying.

Postby chengdufan

SnookerFan wrote:

There are other time zones. Afternoon uk/evening China is the best time for most snooker fans. Evening UK is the middle of the night here.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:I also switch between BBC and Eurosport, Usually in the afternoon I will watch BBC but in the evenings I switch to Eurosport, BBC red button is also like a minute behind actual coverage which gets annoying.

Yeah. I often do BBC afternoon and Eurosport evening. Particularly in The Masters. (Assuming I'm not at a live match.)

As I'm only just getting into the Discovery+, I tend to watch on Eurosport main channel, so it depends if they're showing the match I want. If it's not, it's BBC somehow.

Postby Yanfan

SnookerFan wrote:I get why people wouldn't be a fan of the BBC, but I think it's important to support it as snooker needs a strong freeview presence. Also, it's a bit of variety as it's on Eurosport all year round.

I like the BBC's snooker coverage. It's just their news programmes that I can't stand. <laugh>

However, I will support them by watching some of their programmes, as I would not like their snooker coverage to stop. <ok>
Last edited by Yanfan on 25 Jan 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Yanfan

Juddernaut88 wrote:I also switch between BBC and Eurosport, Usually in the afternoon I will watch BBC but in the evenings I switch to Eurosport, BBC red button is also like a minute behind actual coverage which gets annoying.

Yes, I know what you mean. Sometimes I will be watching snooker on a certain channel, and someone will post a result on the forum before I've even finished watching the frame. <laugh>

I don't really mind it, though. It's all a good bit of fun. :-D

Postby Yanfan

chengdufan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

There are other time zones. Afternoon uk/evening China is the best time for most snooker fans. Evening UK is the middle of the night here.

I miss the tournaments in China. I remember, not long after I got into snooker, there were a couple of tournaments in China where I got up really early in the morning to watch some of the matches.

It was great. Lying in my bed at 6am watching live snooker. :-D

Postby lhpirnie

I managed to make it, unlike some of the players. I needed vaccine certificate, PCR test result, a German registration (just simple questions) and a hotel booking. When I get back to UK, I'll need to be tested again. This assumes I don't get a positive result somewhere along the way...

Postby SnookerFan

I've always fancied having time off for the German Masters.

Mainly for the fact that two of the days have 9:30am matches. All day snooker. :D

Apart from today. :sad: