Post a reply

Re: Bildbet German Masters Last 32 !!!

Postby chengdufan

If Lyu Haotian is in an older generation from you, Lao Lyu would be the respectful way to address him.

Postby Yanfan

Smurph, Kendo and Yan on this afternoon. Obviously I will be watching Yan. :-)

And Judd, Zhao and Luca on this evening. Good viewing. <ok>

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:
LDS wrote:My apologies, Lyu, not loa, its the forename that has ao in it.

It's his given name, Haotian, that has ao in. His forename is his family name, Lyu, or more accurately: 吕

Yes his name is very symmetric - more than any other Chinese name I've seen. Ideal for a snooker player. Unfortunately he was in a bit of shock after missing that pink to win frame 3. This match was very similar to their World Championship match.

Postby lhpirnie

Juddernaut88 wrote:Fan Zhengyi beats Liam Highfield 5-2.

Fan Zhengyi was tremendous. He potted everything and scored heavily. Highfield was outgunned, and quit the match prematurely (he did need a snooker, just).

Postby Juddernaut88

Shaun Murphy vs Kurt Maflin will be the main televised match on Eurosport this afternoon.
For me personally Yan Bingtao vs Dave Gilbert is the more eye catching match so I will watch that instead.

Postby mick745

lhpirnie wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Fan Zhengyi beats Liam Highfield 5-2.

Fan Zhengyi was tremendous. He potted everything and scored heavily. Highfield was outgunned, and quit the match prematurely (he did need a snooker, just).

Let's hope he has a good run in the tournament, he is playing Higginson next which is obviously a winnable game for him so a quarter-final place is certainly doable.

Postby Juddernaut88

Buck sake Eurosport player on my tv is asking to me to log in. I used it last week and it didn't ask me to log in. It takes ages typing it on my tv remote and I can't remember my password so I'll leave it for now and just watch the main Eurosport channel.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Buck sake Eurosport player on my tv is asking to me to log in. I used it last week and it didn't ask me to log in. It takes ages typing it on my tv remote and I can't remember my password so I'll leave it for now and just watch the main Eurosport channel.

Don't give me that, I just got it all sorted and running properly after the farce that was Amazon Prime at the UKs.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:https://twitter.com/eurosport/status/1486709952009805827

This match is anything but dramatic.