Post a reply

Bildbet German Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 26th - Sunday 30th of January at Tempodrom, Berlin, Germany

Not the expected Semi Final line up with Ricky Walden taking on Zhao Xintong Walden hasent been in a ranking final for almost 5 years last was the 2016 China Open where he lost to Judd Trump 10-4 and Zhao Xintong could get to his second final this season having won the UK Championship in early December.

The Other Semi final is more expected.

Who will reach the Final?

DRAW

Semi Finals
Zhao Xintong v Ricky Walden Zhao Xintong leads 1-0
----------------------------------------------
Mark Allen v Yan Bingtao Allen leads 3-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Bildbet German Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby mick745

I'll be hoping for Xintong v Bingtao to meet in the final, contrast of styles and all that, Bingtao more Selby-esque type player, Xintong more like Trump.

I would really enjoy it if the new "class of 92" in the future was Xintong, Bingtao and Brecel.

Postby LDS

Some interesting stats that were eye raising & could be worth keeping an eye on as these matches progress:

Only one person scored a century in all of the quarter finals, Kyren Wilson (107).

Neither Zhao Xintong nor Yan Bingtao have scored a single century throughout the main stages so far.

Mark Allen is the primary century maker so far this tournament, with 3 in qualifying and 4 at the main event.

If you total up all of the breaks over 50 for all four players, the order of 'break power' is as follows:

Allen - 1029 from breaks over 50
Zhou - 928
Walden - 835
Yan - 784

Two quarter finalists failed to score a single break over 50, Judd & Fan.

The last time 2 finalists had scored zero centuries prior to the semi-final was in 2018, Dott & Williams.

The last time someone got to the final without scoring any centuries was Anthony Hamilton in 2017.

Number of frames required to get to the semi-finals:

Allen - 19 - 63.15% chance of a 50+ break per frame
Zhou - 20 - 65%
Walden - 21 - 52.38%
Yan - 26 - 42.30%

But now excluding 50-59 breaks:

Allen - 19 - 52.63% chance of a 60+ break per frame
Zhou - 20 - 40%
Walden - 21 - 52.38%
Yan - 26 - 26.92%

The stats would suggest Allen is clear favourite, Zhou just edges Walden to 2nd favourite and Yan is the outsider.
Last edited by LDS on 29 Jan 2022, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Holden Chinaski

mick745 wrote:I'll be hoping for Xintong v Bingtao to meet in the final, contrast of styles and all that, Bingtao more Selby-esque type player, Xintong more like Trump.

I would really enjoy it if the new "class of 92" in the future was Xintong, Bingtao and Brecel.

<ok> Like I said, I think Zhao v Yan could be the new Ronnie v Higgins. I really hope Zhao, Yan, and Luca will indeed dominate in the near future.

Postby chengdufan

LDS wrote:Some interesting stats that were eye raising & could be worth keeping an eye on as these matches progress:

Only one person scored a century in all of the quarter finals, Kyren Wilson (107).

Neither Zhao Xintong nor Yan Bingtao have scored a single century throughout the main stages so far.

Mark Allen is the primary century maker so far this tournament, with 3 in qualifying and 4 at the main event.

If you total up all of the breaks over 50 for all four players, the order of 'break power' is as follows:

Zhou - 928
Walden - 835
Yan - 784

The last time 2 finalists had scored zero centuries prior to the semi-final was in 2018, Dott & Williams.

The last time someone got to the final without scoring any centuries was Anthony Hamilton in 2017.

Zhou - 20 - 65%
Walden - 21 - 52.38%
Yan - 26 - 42.30%

Zhou - 20 - 40%
Walden - 21 - 52.38%
Yan - 26 - 26.92%

The stats would suggest Allen is clear favourite, Zhou just edges Walden to 2nd favourite and Yan is the outsider.

Great stats, LSD <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

LDS wrote:Some interesting stats that were eye raising & could be worth keeping an eye on as these matches progress:

Zhou - 928
Walden - 835
Yan - 784

Zhou - 20 - 65%
Walden - 21 - 52.38%
Yan - 26 - 42.30%

Zhou - 20 - 40%
Walden - 21 - 52.38%
Yan - 26 - 26.92%

Who would you like to see in the final, LDS?

Postby Yanfan

I'm usually not captivated by some of the smaller tournaments, but I have really enjoyed this one.

After Yan, Judd is my favoutite player. But it has not really bothered me that he is out, because we get to watch a bit more of Zhao.

Also the semi- finals are odd but good:

Zhao Xintong (the wonderboy) versus Ricky Walden (who seems to be playing really well for some reason. Good on him!)

and

Mark Allen (who knows what he will do) versus my boy Yan (steady as a rock)

I'm looking forward to it. <ok>

Postby LDS

LDS wrote:to maximise my Think Pink points.

Speaking of which, I hope Pink Ball's ok, he hasn't updated the tables since Kyren won his QF. Yan still hasn't been updated for his QF let alone any SFs.

Quite worrying as PB is normally so quick with the updates.

Postby SnookerFan

LDS wrote:
LDS wrote:to maximise my Think Pink points.

Speaking of which, I hope Pink Ball's ok, he hasn't updated the tables since Kyren won his QF. Yan still hasn't been updated for his QF let alone any SFs.

Quite worrying as PB is normally so quick with the updates.

:rip:

Postby Juddernaut88

Zhao Xintong vs Yan Bingtao will be a great final. I wouldn't mind too much if Ricky Walden wins today though as he's on my thinkpink team lol.
I'm missing the action this afternoon though unfortunately.

Postby SnookerFan

Tut. Me and my mate have ordered a pizza online. And I cacked up the order, ordered the same pizza twice. Instead of two different ones. I rang them but they wouldn't let change as it was online. Bit lairy. It would've been the same price. Why do bad things happen to good people?

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Tut. Me and my mate have ordered a pizza online. And I cacked up the order, ordered the same pizza twice. Instead of two different ones. I rang them but they wouldn't let change as it was online. Bit lairy. It would've been the same price. Why do bad things happen to good people?

Cheeky chameleons emailed me and asked me for a tip.

Postby SnookerFan

Oh for bucks sake.

My App currently has no commentary on it, despite it being turned on when I checked settings.

Turned back onto my TV, and commentary is working.

Is it an Amazon thing? Why am I literally the only person in the world that commentary doesn't work for?

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Oh for bucks sake.

My App currently has no commentary on it, despite it being turned on when I checked settings.

Turned back onto my TV, and commentary is working.

Is it an Amazon thing? Why am I literally the only person in the world that commentary doesn't work for?

It wasn’t working for me at first either but it came on in the last few minutes.

Try all of the feeds, you should Featured / ES2 /Ad-free

Sometimes one or two of them won’t have comms for me for some reason.