Post a reply

BetVictor Scottish Open Qualifiers !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Friday 22nd - Wednesday 29th of September at the Metradome in Barnsley

This Scottish Open Trophy is named after Stephen Hendry and this year Stephen Hendry will be playing for the trophy.

The Scottish Open will be played at Venu Cymru in Llandudno, North Wales yea thats right WALES.

Stephen Hendry will be among 92 players in Barnsley trying to get beside the Sea in Llandudno.

Who will Qualify?

DRAW

Selected Qualifying Matches
Gerard Greene v Oliver Lines
Zhou Yuelong v Lee Walker
Gary Wilson v Cao Yupeng
Tian Pengfei v Anthony Hamilton
Joe Perry v Andrew Pagett
Luca Brecel v Alexander Ursenbacher
Jackson Page v Aaron Hill
Graeme Dott v Michael Judge
Ashley Hugill v Matthew Selt
Ricky Walden v Steven Hallworth
Matthew Stevens v Si Jiahui
Liang Wenbo v Elliot Slessor
Stephen Hendry v Allan Taylor
Joe O'Connor v Jamie Jones
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Sam Craigie
Ali Carter v Ken Doherty
Ryan Day v Lyu Haotian
Mitchell Mann v Reanne Evans
Barry Pinches v Jordan Brown
Jimmy White v Chang Bingyu
David Gilbert v Simon Lichtenberg

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Scottish Open Qualifiers !!!!

Postby Andre147

Trying to remind which players have made a 147 in the deciding frame of a match...

The only ones I can think of is Hendry and O'Sullivan. If that's the case, Guodong "only" joins the two greatest players of all time.

Postby Wildey

Oliver Lines is ready for the Next step up the Century he made in the first frame tonight is as good as you will see.

Postby Prop

Wildey wrote:Oliver Lines is ready for the Next step up the Century he made in the first frame tonight is as good as you will see.

Hope so. He’s one of those players that you feel really should break through soon.

Postby James Bentley

Gerard's rearguard effort only lasted one frame, Oliver Lines wins the match 4-1. On the other table, Gary Wilson has just beaten Cao Yupeng by the same scoreline, and that's play over for the day.

Postby SnookerEd25

The_Abbott wrote:3 frames in 2.5 hours. Pengfei and Hamilton on slow AST watch

Could just be an absorbing tactical battle :shrug:

Postby Juddernaut88

Even I get 5-6 frames in that amount of time and I love getting involved in a tactical battle lol

Postby James Bentley

SnookerEd25 wrote:

Could just be an absorbing tactical battle :shrug:

Nah, it's just been slow. Average shot times 35.9 seconds (Pengfei) and 33.8 seconds (Hamilton).

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:For a lot of players, losing this week will mean early Christmas holidays.

I wouldn't mind starting my Christmas holidays already.

Putting our tree up today <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:For a lot of players, losing this week will mean early Christmas holidays.

I wouldn't mind starting my Christmas holidays already.

Putting our tree up today <ok>

<ok>

Postby chengdufan

Wu Yize fluffed a number of chances to get over the line in that frame. Maflin did everything he could to gift him the frame, but in the end the Norwegian stumbled over to win it himself.

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:Wu Yize fluffed a number of chances to get over the line in that frame. Maflin did everything he could to gift him the frame, but in the end the Norwegian stumbled over to win it himself.

Yes and the final frame was almost the same. Wu tried very hard to choke the match away, but Maflin just gave him too many chances.

Postby cupotee

have to say i'm really enjoying this thirteen day total event , qualifiers and main event , format , i enjoyed the seven day 128 format from previous years too but this for me is just better , hope they stick to it.

Postby chengdufan

lhpirnie wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Wu Yize fluffed a number of chances to get over the line in that frame. Maflin did everything he could to gift him the frame, but in the end the Norwegian stumbled over to win it himself.

Yes and the final frame was almost the same. Wu tried very hard to choke the match away, but Maflin just gave him too many chances.

That's right. The last few shots in both the last two frames were shocking, from both players!

Postby cupotee

chengdufan wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

That's right. The last few shots in both the last two frames were shocking, from both players!

that match will probably do wu yize a lot of good as he overcame his ' i'm about to beat a well known higher ranked talented player ' choke moment and still came through , so less likely to choke next time.

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:Stephen Hendry will play Alan Taylor at 16:00 today.

Step 1 of his bid for the Stephen Hendry Trophy <ok>