Post a reply

Championship League Draw

Postby SteveJJ

Ronnie will face Ng On Yee. Will have a rematch with Mark Joyce and also has Ian Burns in his group.

No Selby, Robbo or Ding.

A few Chinese players opting not to enter to enjoy their time back home. We will see the return of Cao Yupeng.

Reanne has Ford, Lichtenberg and Blackwell.

No Fu.

No Hendry...surely this is the sort of tournament he should be entering to get some low key match practice?

Re: Championship League Draw

Postby TheRocket

SteveJJ wrote:Ronnie will face Ng On Yee. Will have a rematch with Mark Joyce and also has Ian Burns in his group.

No Selby, Robbo or Ding.

A few Chinese players opting not to enter to enjoy their time back home. We will see the return of Cao Yupeng.

No Fu.

No Hendry...surely this is the sort of tournament he should be entering to get some low key match practice?

Pretty much. But it shows me that Hendry treats his comeback more as some sort of fun thing. He aint gonna do any damage and he knows it.

Postby lhpirnie

Pros not entered (18):
Ding Junhui
Fan Zhengyi
Jack Lisowski
Jamie O'Neill
Kurt Maflin
Lei Peifan
Li Hang
Liang Wenbo
Lyu Haotian
Marco Fu
Mark Selby
Neil Robertson
Stephen Hendry
Tian Pengfei
Wu Yize
Xiao Guodong
Xu Si
Zhang Anda
Last edited by lhpirnie on 24 Jun 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby lhpirnie

QS top-ups (24):
Oliver Brown
Michael Georgiou
Leo Fernandez
Mark Lloyd
Kuldesh Johal
Simon Blackwell
Bai Langning
Billy Castle
Luke Pinches
Ryan Davies
James Cahill
Soheil Vahedi
Haydon Pinhey
Dylan Emery
Si Jiahui
Michael White
Sean Maddocks
John Astley
Robbie McGuigan
Ross Muir
Michael Collumb
David Lilley
Sanderson Lam
Rod Lawler
Daniel Womersley
Last edited by lhpirnie on 24 Jun 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby lhpirnie

TheRocket wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:...

Pretty much. But it shows me that Hendry treats his comeback more as some sort of fun thing. He aint gonna do any damage and he knows it.

Most likely he will only agree to play if he is guaranteed to be on the TV table, which isn't assured with the 2-table set-up.

Postby SnookerEd25

Is this the one where if you don’t qualify from the first group, you get umpteen other chances to get it right?

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerEd25 wrote:Is this the one where if you don’t qualify from the first group, you get umpteen other chances to get it right?

No that's the other championship league.

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Is this the one where if you don’t qualify from the first group, you get umpteen other chances to get it right?

No that's the other championship league.

I lose track easily :sad:

Postby The_Abbott

TheRocket wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Ronnie will face Ng On Yee. Will have a rematch with Mark Joyce and also has Ian Burns in his group.

No Selby, Robbo or Ding.

No Fu.

In the meantime some other player out there that didn't make the cut is eating out of bins because he has his tour card.

Postby The_Abbott

lhpirnie wrote:QS top-ups (24):
Oliver Brown
Michael Georgiou
Leo Fernandez
Mark Lloyd
Kuldesh Johal
Simon Blackwell
Bai Langning
Billy Castle
Luke Pinches
Ryan Davies
James Cahill
Soheil Vahedi
Haydon Pinhey
Dylan Emery
Si Jiahui
Michael White
Sean Maddocks
John Astley
Robbie McGuigan
Ross Muir
Michael Collumb
David Lilley
Sanderson Lam
Rod Lawler
Daniel Womersley

Wouldn't have been the same without Rod

Postby chengdufan

lhpirnie wrote:QS top-ups (24):
Oliver Brown
Michael Georgiou
Leo Fernandez
Mark Lloyd
Kuldesh Johal
Simon Blackwell
Bai Langning
Billy Castle
Luke Pinches
Ryan Davies
James Cahill
Soheil Vahedi
Haydon Pinhey
Dylan Emery
Si Jiahui
Michael White
Sean Maddocks
John Astley
Robbie McGuigan
Ross Muir
Michael Collumb
David Lilley
Sanderson Lam
Rod Lawler
Daniel Womersley

Good to see that the non-British players on the order of merit are able to join, or at least they believe they are able to. The list above is the top 24 on the order of merit, with no one missing.

Just missing out are the following players who have 30 OoM points or more:
Joshua Thomond
Saqib Nasir
Ross Vallance
Luo Honghao
Ross Bulman
Niel Vincent
Paul Davison

Niel Vincent and Sydney Wilson miss out despite having won 7 Q School matches, while 4 players who only won 4 matches are above them on the order of merit and can play (R Davies, O Brown, M Collumb and L Pinches).

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:

No Selby, Robbo or Ding.

No Fu.

Hendry himself has said that pretty much but i would have expected him to play in this if you win it its only 3 days play in a month. hardly going to burn anyone out.

Postby Wildey

Juddernaut88 wrote:This will be the 4th championship league in 13 months.

Matchroom not very imaginative with tournaments.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

No Selby, Robbo or Ding.

No Fu.

Hendry himself has said that pretty much but i would have expected him to play in this if you win it its only 3 days play in a month. hardly going to burn anyone out.

He also said he came back because he wanted to play in front of crowds. With it being pretty unlikely now that no events will have crowds I’m sure that factored in too.

He should’ve entered though.

Postby Andre147

Having no crowds is a poor excuse.

Surely he wants to be match sharp for the time when there will be crowds. If he's only expecting to play when crowds are allowed in, I'm afraid he won't be match fit and certainly won't handle the occasion and won't play well.

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:The Home Nations have tickets on sale. And the UK. The COC does too, but obviously he's not eligible.

Do they have tickets on sale for the qualifying rounds? Only 2nd round matches are at the main venues now, apart from the privileged top-16. I don't know if Barnsley are admitting spectators.

Postby SnookerFan

lhpirnie wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:The Home Nations have tickets on sale. And the UK. The COC does too, but obviously he's not eligible.

Do they have tickets on sale for the qualifying rounds? Only 2nd round matches are at the main venues now, apart from the privileged top-16. I don't know if Barnsley are admitting spectators.

I don't know about qualifying, if I'm honest.

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:I don't know about qualifying, if I'm honest.

I doubt whether Stephen Hendry would be keen to travel to Barnsley for a qualifier match, particularly for the Scottish Open. It's hard to see what will attract him back to playing.

Postby Andre147

Problem for Hendry he needs match sharpness, and he'll only get it by playing matches which dont have crowds, at least for now.

He can't expect to not play for months and suddenly produce a vintage performance in front of a live audience.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Problem for Hendry he needs match sharpness, and he'll only get it by playing matches which dont have crowds, at least for now.

He can't expect to not play for months and suddenly produce a vintage performance in front of a live audience.

i honestly thought this event would have been nailed on for hendry.

With a Minimum of 9 frames and maximum of 12 frames to be played in the first stage.