Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage 1 !!!!

Postby Juddernaut88

lhpirnie wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Bit quiet on here. Juddernaut88 must be getting some work done. :chuckle:

Perhaps because the Chinese players are winning.

Unfortunately I've just moved house, and my internet is so bad I can't really watch.

I like a lot of the Chinese players though. I've not watched much of it today. I watched the end of Yuan SiJun vs Anthony McGill and then Yuan SiJun vs Billy Joe Castle.

Postby Iranu

lhpirnie wrote:Perhaps because the Chinese players are winning.

What a stupid thing to say.

Ding is probably the most popular player on this forum across the board. Yan Bingtao’s Masters victory is the heavy favourite for favourite moment of the season. Posters are constantly rooting for young Chinese players.

Postby lhpirnie

Iranu wrote:

Ding is probably the most popular player on this forum across the board. Yan Bingtao’s Masters victory is the heavy favourite for favourite moment of the season. Posters are constantly rooting for young Chinese players.

Yeah fair enough. This forum is generally supportive of the Chinese players, unlike some others.

Postby Iranu

lhpirnie wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Yeah fair enough. This forum is generally supportive of the Chinese players, unlike some others.

<ok>

Probably has more to do with the lack of genuinely big players, plus it being a Friday with nice weather in the UK.

Also it’s the CL. I didn’t watch any of yesterday despite being very interested in Reanne’s progress this season.

Postby lhpirnie

Iranu wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:
Iranu wrote:

<ok>

Probably has more to do with the lack of genuinely big players, plus it being a Friday with nice weather in the UK.

Also it’s the CL. I didn’t watch any of yesterday despite being very interested in Reanne’s progress this season.

It is a problematic format. It lasts for 21 days, and on any given day there may be no particularly interesting players chancing their arm with best-of-4 matches. Some groups fizzle out early, and then there are dead matches. Tonight's group ended with a player trying to win against someone who had already been eliminated hours ago - not great sport.

Postby Iranu

lhpirnie wrote:It is a problematic format. It lasts for 21 days, and on any given day there may be no particularly interesting players chancing their arm with best-of-4 matches. Some groups fizzle out early, and then there are dead matches. Tonight's group ended with a player trying to win against someone who had already been eliminated hours ago - not great sport.

Yeah, it doesn’t exactly scream “spectator sport.”

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Yuan 1-0 up over Anthony McGill.

He’s flying. 2 tons and 2 nil.

Is this not a repeat of yesterday?

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:

Is this not a repeat of yesterday?

Is it? Could be, I’ve been working all weekend and not really been watching!

Postby csprince

Prop wrote:

well done prop you're watching yesterdays play. rofl

Postby Prop

csprince wrote:
Prop wrote:

well done prop you're watching yesterdays play. rofl

Always got my finger on the pulse, me <laugh>

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:A perfect encapsulation of how much we care about the CL.

Although this version is a ranking event, I take it most players treat it as a bit of paid practice for bigger tournaments ahead.

Postby csprince

SnookerFan wrote:To be fair to Prop, I watached a couple of frames earlier not realising it was a repeat either.

we expect that from you.

Postby csprince

SnookerFan wrote:
csprince wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:To be fair to Prop, I watached a couple of frames earlier not realising it was a repeat either.

we expect that from you.

:bird:

rofl

Postby Prop

19 year old rookie Ryan Davies is 2-1 up on Gould. Scrappy so far, but Davies looks to be settling. Some good clean pots from him early in frame 4.