Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage 1 !!!!

Postby Dan-cat

chengdufan wrote:Sunny Akani has a positive 3-1 head to head record against Maguire.
He should be nicknamed 'The Extinguisher'

Lolz good one

Stephen Maguire was on fire for a brief spell at the beginning of lockdown wasn't he? Won the Tour. Then did fairly buck all for the rest of the year

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Sunny Akani has a positive 3-1 head to head record against Maguire.
He should be nicknamed 'The Extinguisher'

Lolz good one

Stephen Maguire was on fire for a brief spell at the beginning of lockdown wasn't he? Won the Tour. Then did fairly buck all for the rest of the year

Typical Mags.

Postby chengdufan

I'm going for a late night ping pong session with my wife in a minute.
And getting my first vaccine shot early tomorrow.

So I'm probably done here for today. Take care fellas.

Postby chengdufan

Before I go... it's a very interesting table in the Selt Kleckers games. Nothing down, colours all on their spots, and the reds spread absolutely everywhere, all over the table.

Postby James Bentley

chengdufan wrote:Before I go... it's a very interesting table in the Selt Kleckers games. Nothing down, colours all on their spots, and the reds spread absolutely everywhere, all over the table.

FreeSports started showing this frame but cut off without warning halfway through to make way for the latest edition of Bike World.

Bike World, the latest action from the high octane world of two wheels, on road, off road or on track.

Bike World.

Postby SnookerFan

James Bentley wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Before I go... it's a very interesting table in the Selt Kleckers games. Nothing down, colours all on their spots, and the reds spread absolutely everywhere, all over the table.

FreeSports started showing this frame but cut off without warning halfway through to make way for the latest edition of Bike World.

Bike World, the latest action from the high octane world of two wheels, on road, off road or on track.

Bike World.

Oh, rubbish. Am I missing Bike World?

Postby Running side

chengdufan wrote:I'm going for a late night ping pong session with my wife in a minute.
And getting my first vaccine shot early tomorrow.

So I'm probably done here for today. Take care fellas.

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:Jamie Clarke as ever rather too fidgety in his seat. Hope Yan does him 4-0.

Seriously? Again?

And yet people still think McGill was the bad guy.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:Jamie Clarke as ever rather too fidgety in his seat. Hope Yan does him 4-0.

Seriously? Again?

A bit at the start of the first frame, yeah. It might genuinely be something he’s not conscious of. Maybe. But my take on it is that it’s something you should be aware of in professional snooker.

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Seriously? Again?

A bit at the start of the first frame, yeah. It might genuinely be something he’s not conscious of. Maybe. But my take on it is that it’s something you should be aware of in professional snooker.

I can’t believe he’s not aware of it by this stage in his career. Coming through the ranks it must have come up a LOT in either amicable or less amicable ways. It’s happening too often to be an Allen-at-the-CoC type situation.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Seriously? Again?

I can’t believe he’s not aware of it by this stage in his career. Coming through the ranks it must have come up a LOT in either amicable or less amicable ways. It’s happening too often to be an Allen-at-the-CoC type situation.

Exactly. Thing is, everyone’s idea of what’s acceptable and what isn’t tends to differ. Some players could play in the middle of a nightclub. Some need a quiet and still environment. Maybe for Clarke coming up through the leagues it was normal for there to be noises, movement and distraction. But that doesn’t necessarily mean everyone else is ok with it.

Postby chengdufan

Running side wrote:Saying ping-pong with your wife got Phoenix nights auditions in my head, I'm sure she a lovely lady. Thought China were way in front regarding vaccine.

We almost had our wedding reception at the club they used to film Phoenix Nights. It's a short walk away from my dad's house. It was an absolute shithole though, so we had it at the Reebok Stadium instead. My wife wasn't the ping pong lady.

I've had the option of getting the vaccine for free for a few months but hadn't bothered until now cause there is no covid here. I have to travel for work later this month though so have come in for my first shot this morning.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Seriously? Again?

If it's something that's happening regularly, than you'd assume there must be something to it. Especially if it's putting several players off. At the very least, it's something he's doing unconsciously and should work on. Though, like you, I am beginning to get suspicious of even that.

I know there was some debate about whether McGill handled it properly, and I'll admit at the time I thought he wasn't being great with it. But Clarke hardly covered himself with glory either, with his idiotic; "If you want to dance..." comments on Twitter. Which, if we're honest, hardly suggests that it was something that he did by accident. Surely, if you put your opponent off by accident, you'd be at least a bit apologetic.