Post a reply

Re: Ding Junhui not entered NI Open

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:How safe is his Ranking position? :chin:

Good question. Don't know.

I always got the feeling that his young family was more important to him than winning trophies at the moment. That's understandable, I am sure that happens to a lot of players who become parents.

At the end of the day, he's been away from his family for a year. It's hard to find fault with him wanting to miss a couple of tournaments to spend time with them. Especially when there's so few at this part of the year. If he drops out of the top-16, he can always get back in. He'll never be able to get this time with his kid back.

Postby SnookerEd25

Good point, SF.

And we all know what happened the last time he had to qualify for the Cruce, don’t we? :chin:

Postby LDS

SnookerFan wrote:

Good question. Don't know.

I always got the feeling that his young family was more important to him than winning trophies at the moment. That's understandable, I am sure that happens to a lot of players who become parents.

At the end of the day, he's been away from his family for a year. It's hard to find fault with him wanting to miss a couple of tournaments to spend time with them. Especially when there's so few at this part of the year. If he drops out of the top-16, he can always get back in. He'll never be able to get this time with his kid back.

His ranking points currently rely almost entirely on his UK Championship win in December 2019, a solid 200k, so he might flutter around 9-16 before December, but December is his worry time regarding a top 16 place, though probably more a worry for his fans than him himself.

Postby csprince

if only there was someone on the forum who did the rankings with a detailed points breakdown for each tournament. :chin:

Postby SnookerEd25

csprince wrote:

if only there was someone on the forum who did the rankings with a detailed points breakdown for each tournament. :chin:

:lol:

Postby Juddernaut88

csprince wrote:

:goodpost: