Post a reply

BetVictor English Open Last 16 !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 1st - Sunday 7th of November at the Marshall Arena,Milton Keynes.

Ross Muir, Mark King, Paul Deaville, Robbie Williams, Mark Davis, Jamie Clarke, Luca Brecel, Fraser Patrick have aspitations of not only winning a ranking event but get in to the Champion of Champions this week.

But there are seriously Strong players still in to stop with 6 of the top 8 players in the World there including Judd Trump, Ronnie O'Sullivan and World Champion Mark Selby.

Who will reach the Quarter Finals?

DRAW

Last 16
Judd Trump v Ross Muir Never played before
Mark King v Paul Deaville Never played before
Kyren Wilson v Robbie Williams Wilson leads 3-1
Mark Davis v Neil Robertson Davis leads 11-10
---------------------------------------------------------
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Jamie Clarke Never played before
Luca Brecel v Fraser Patrick Tied at 1-1
John Higgins v Ding Junhui Ding Junhui leads 14-11
Yan Bingtao v Mark Selby Selby leads 3-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor English Open Last 16 !!!!

Postby Wildey

Ronnie Should be on Table 3 tonight.

With a flip of a coin between Selby v Yan and Higgins v Ding for table 1

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:Ronnie Should be on Table 3 tonight.

With a flip of a coin between Selby v Yan and Higgins v Ding for table 1

I totally agree. I could understand their logic putting him ahead of Selby-Yan because of “attractive snooker” (although I disagree with it).

But for me Higgins-Ding is the tie of the round based on current circumstances with Selby-Yan not far behind.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie could be playing a Cheese Sandwich, with Judd vs Higgins on another table, and they'd not drop him off Table 1.

rofl

Postby TheRocket

I also think Higgins-Ding deserves to be on the main table but Ronnie is the biggest household name. It is what it is so he is always Table 1. Every sport has his star.
Judd Trump did well to establish himself as the 2nd biggest name ahead of the likes of Selby or Robertson.
Last edited by TheRocket on 04 Nov 2021, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:What the hell? Higgins vs Ding isn't even on Table 2.

Higgins only finished about 20 minutes ago. So he kind’ve has to be the second match tonight, which means him-Ding is competing with Selby-Yan for table 2. Can understand them going for the latter.

Postby Andre147

It is what it is, I also believe Ronnie should at least be on Table 2 and Ding v Higgins on 1 most likely, or even ROS on 3.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:I also think Higgins-Ding deserves to be on the main table but Ronnie is the biggest household name. It is what it is so he is always Table 1. Every sport has his star.
Judd Trump did well to establish himself as the 2nd biggest name ahead of the likes of Selby or Robertson.

It's the Wrong way to do it, and it does nothing for snooker, seeing Ronnie beat a cheese sandwich 4-0 in 50 minutes.

Common sense has to be applied, and it's not far from it.

Postby Prop

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Dennis just spotted a Rory McLeod fan.

Oh buck, I hope not :emb:

<laugh>

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What the hell? Higgins vs Ding isn't even on Table 2.

Higgins only finished about 20 minutes ago. So he kind’ve has to be the second match tonight, which means him-Ding is competing with Selby-Yan for table 2. Can understand them going for the latter.

2 former World Champions playing each other should always get the nod though, surely :chin:

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I also think Higgins-Ding deserves to be on the main table but Ronnie is the biggest household name. It is what it is so he is always Table 1. Every sport has his star.

It's the Wrong way to do it, and it does nothing for snooker, seeing Ronnie beat a cheese sandwich 4-0 in 50 minutes.

Saying Ronnie will win easily 4-0 is a dangerous thing to day.

Clarke might not roll over and offer a decent battle, you never know.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

Now, now Wild. I'll have you know that the Cheese Sandwich is a fairly decent player.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:It's the Wrong way to do it, and it does nothing for snooker, seeing Ronnie beat a cheese sandwich 4-0 in 50 minutes.

Absolutely. Although people would have expected Ronnie to destroy Hamilton and that turned out to be a good match.

It’s more egregious in the first couple of rounds I think. Once you get to the last 32/16 you’d think players would be played in enough to at least seem competitive.

Postby csprince

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Now, now Wild. I'll have you know that the Cheese Sandwich is a fairly decent player.

but does ronnie respect the cheese sandwich or think it's a numpty.(if it was made by john higgins then he'll keep going on about how great it is)