Post a reply

Re: BetVictor English Open Quarter-Finals!!!

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Bingtao is nowhere near clinical enough. Always looks like Frank Spencer when in amongst the reds.

Who's Frank Spencer?

My God you're young and Portuguese.

Will you tell me or do I need to research it?

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:Yan needs to sort out his scoring. It’s costing him match after match.

It has largely improved, and he now looks a rock-solid top-16 player, which is excellent progress for a 21-year-old. But he's nowhere near ruthless enough at this point in time to take it to the next level. He'll get there, but I think it'll be another two years or so.

Postby Iranu

McManusFan wrote:Yes John! What a weird match.

Is it just me, or do players tend to play crap when playing Bingtao?

He’s a disruptor.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:Respectable score line but not much else. By rights Ronnie should destroy Higgins but we know that’s a pipe dream.

Ronnie has beaten Higgins 6-0 and with heavy scores in the past, but can't see it happening tomorrow.

Postby TheRocket

mantorok wrote:Respectable score line but not much else. By rights Ronnie should destroy Higgins but we know that’s a pipe dream.

He will mention in the pre match interview that it will be a big honour to play Higgins.

Postby Iranu

Ronnie’s won four of their last six matches including the last one.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:Think O'Sullivan will beat him easily enough, to be honest, and I don't often say that when he's playing Higgins.

Higgins struggling today has almost no bearing on tomorrow. Higgins has been playing great stuff and I can't see O'Sullivan beating him easily. I will say 6-4 to ROS

Postby McManusFan

Iranu wrote:

He’s a disruptor.

Oh definitely. And all credit to the lad, I just wish he was a bit better to watach

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Think O'Sullivan will beat him easily enough, to be honest, and I don't often say that when he's playing Higgins.

Higgins struggling today has almost no bearing on tomorrow. Higgins has been playing great stuff and I can't see O'Sullivan beating him easily. I will say 6-4 to ROS

Higgins has been playing well, but he can't keep going consistently any more. When he's out of touch, he's out of touch, and I think he hit the wall tonight, despite winning.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Higgins has been playing well, but he can't keep going consistently any more. When he's out of touch, he's out of touch, and I think he hit the wall tonight, despite winning.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen O'Sullivan hammer Higgins in matches quite a few times so if he does the same tomorrow credit to him. O'Sullivan is playing the best snooker of the tournament for sure.

And Robertson today lay down a good mark too. O'Sullivan v Robertson would be a great final.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I've seen O'Sullivan hammer Higgins in matches quite a few times so if he does the same tomorrow credit to him. O'Sullivan is playing the best snooker of the tournament for sure.

And Robertson today lay down a good mark too. O'Sullivan v Robertson would be a great final.

O'Sullivan has looked the winner all over to me this week, to be honest. But I live in hope of Mark King causing a huge upset because I could take or leave the other three.

Postby LDS

McManusFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

He’s a disruptor.

Oh definitely. And all credit to the lad, I just wish he was a bit better to watach

He had zero 50+ breaks tonight, and John only had one. When Mark King beat Trump earlier he also won the match with only one 50+ break.

Meanwhile, the Robbo v Kyren match had a 50+ break in every single frame. And yet you yourself were stating a preference for watching the Yan Higgins match earlier.

Defining what is or isn't an interesting frame of snooker is a very subjective thing, as is personal preference for particular players, but it astounds me that Kyren's off-baize personality puts off so many forum users as his on-baize play I always find in the top rankings of my preferred match to watch.

Postby Pink Ball

LDS wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

He’s a disruptor.

He had zero 50+ breaks tonight, and John only had one. When Mark King beat Trump earlier he also won the match with only one 50+ break.

Meanwhile, the Robbo v Kyren match had a 50+ break in every single frame. And yet you yourself were stating a preference for watching the Yan Higgins match earlier.

Defining what is or isn't an interesting frame of snooker is a very subjective thing, as is personal preference for particular players...

True enough. I thoroughly enjoyed Higgins-v-Yan tonight, and I know full well that I enjoyed it more than I'd have enjoyed a break-fest between Assange and the pirate. Neither player is of even the mildest interest to me.