Post a reply

Re: BetVictor English Open Semi-Finals!!!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:I’m not sure I’ve ever said this but (assuming Robbo wins) I’ll be rooting for Higgins tomorrow.

<doh>

Nothing against Robbo.

I think it would be an inspirational story for Higgins to win a ranking title so soon after making an effort to improve his health and fitness.

I think snooker is slowly improving in that area (the top four are all fit people) and Higgins’ improved form is another example to players who don’t pay much attention to it - hi Mark Allen (ironically having beaten Higgins in NI).

If it weren’t for that I’d have been supporting Robbo, and I’d have supported King if he’d won tonight.

Not a bad idea that - to support players based upon their recent efforts to improve their physical fitness.

:spot on:

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I like watching Robbo. At his best he is an absolute machine. And because of his cue action he makes it look very easy as well.

The level he produced against Judd in the CoC final 2019 and against Ronnie in this years TC was special.

My feelings exactly.

Ditto

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:I’m not sure I’ve ever said this but (assuming Robbo wins) I’ll be rooting for Higgins tomorrow.

<doh>

Nothing against Robbo.

I think it would be an inspirational story for Higgins to win a ranking title so soon after making an effort to improve his health and fitness.

I think snooker is slowly improving in that area (the top four are all fit people) and Higgins’ improved form is another example to players who don’t pay much attention to it - hi Mark Allen (ironically having beaten Higgins in NI).

If it weren’t for that I’d have been supporting Robbo, and I’d have supported King if he’d won tonight.

Not a bad idea that - to support players based upon their recent efforts to improve their physical fitness.

I’m sure you’re being passive aggressive but I don’t care. I’m happy to favour Higgins on this occasion.

Postby csprince

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

<doh>

Nothing against Robbo.

mark allen would have no support.

Postby Ck147

Boo

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

<doh>

Nothing against Robbo.

I’m sure you’re being passive aggressive but I don’t care. I’m happy to favour Higgins on this occasion.

Not at all - thought it was a great point you raised about supporting players who have recently made an effort to improve their physical fitness.

Not heard of it before but why not?? :wave:

Postby Andre147

Robbo only played Higgins in one ranking event Final, the 2013 Wuxi Classic which he won.

Hopefully he wins tomorrow and starts his season nicely.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Not at all - thought it was a great point you raised about supporting players who have recently made an effort to improve their physical fitness.

Not heard of it before but why not?? :wave:

Awww

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

<doh>

Nothing against Robbo.

It’s what drew me to Jimmy White in the ‘80s.

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

<doh>

Nothing against Robbo.

When I saw Higgins in the NI Open I thought wow, he’s been working out or changed his diet, good for him, hope it helps his game. I need to do the same (we’re similar age)..but I still want Robbo to win

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:I hope both players have a rubbish day.

I hope they both have a good day, it goes to a decider and Robbo wins.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

I hope both players have a rubbish day.

Be nice if I’m not the only one

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

I hope both players have a rubbish day.

Screw you man

Postby McManusFan

I watched the Ronnie v Higgins match on catch up last night, and what a match it was. I don't think I've enjoyed a match that much outside of the Crucible for a long time. I wanted Higgins to win, but when it got to that ridiculous decider I'd have been happy no matter what - an absolute belter of a frame! I hope this makes it into one of Pinkball's best match lists.