Post a reply

BetVictor English Open Final!!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 1st - Sunday 7th of November at the Marshall Arena,Milton Keynes.

It's the Final of the English Open, and Neil Robertson wants to go one step ahead this time, having narrowly lost 9-8 in last year's final. He plays John Higgins, in his 2nd consecutive ranking event and Home Nations Final, this new fitness regime for Higgins seems to be working, and he too lost by the odd frame at the NI Open Final so also wants to go one better.

Only one previous full ranking event Final between these two players, the 2013 Wuxi Classic which Robertson won.

Who will claim the Steve Davis trophy, the £70,000 top prize and the 2nd of the Home Nations events?

DRAW

Neil Robertson v John Higgins

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Higgins leads 12-11
Main Tournaments Tied at 8-8
Multi Session Matches Higgins leads 2-1
Finals Tied at 1-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor English Open Final!!!!

Postby Andre147

Ck147 wrote:Robbo has this :)

Well yeah that would be nice.

I think it's going to be another close final though, much like the previous Home Nations one.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:Remember when Robertson was undefeated in ranking event finals?

Was he? I only remember Judd and Selby winning 10+ consecutive ranking finals in recent years.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Remember when Robertson was undefeated in ranking event finals?

Was he? I only remember Judd and Selby winning 10+ consecutive ranking finals in recent years.

He was for at least hiss first six ranking finals. More, if I remember correctly.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:This is the problem with visiting family when the snooker is on. Sunday lunch is going to clash with the start of the snooker final.

:grrr:

50% of the time you don't pay attention to the snooker anyway though.

Postby hendry_fan

McManusFan wrote:Come on John!

:goodpost: MMF!. :clap:

Had a braw nights sleeeep,got up early and made some pumkin soup,with 4 diffrent kinds o pumpkins!. :drool:

So Great auld John reaches yet another Ranking Final,his 53rd,(31 titles, 21 runners-up) so far.

The last 5 Finals he,s been in,he,s only managed to win one o them!.

Even though he,s played pretty good throughout most o the Tourney so far,i aint convinced that he,ll manage to beat Robbo today/tonight,so i,m sorry Sir Dan- :cat: yur gettin buck all bet fae me today/tonight ma laddie!. :no: :evilgrin: <laugh>

I,ll end my summary by writing this.I won,t be surprised at all if John loses to Robbo,but i won,t be surprised at all if John does,nt lose to Robbo. :roll: :-D

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This is the problem with visiting family when the snooker is on. Sunday lunch is going to clash with the start of the snooker final.

:grrr:

50% of the time you don't pay attention to the snooker anyway though.

That's not the point. :grrr:

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:so how do you all see this match going? Who is the favourite, what kind of match do you expect?

Tough one to call.

I'd probably give Robbo a slight edge just because he won a lot more of these finals in recent time. Same would apply for Trump or Selby. They keep winning them atm.
Higgins on the other hand lost quite a few over the last 3-4 years, really bad ones as well and that might come into play.

Postby LDS

I'm quite interested in this final more so that some because these two haven't met very often in finals. Especially when you consider both of their previous final meetings were in 2013, and one of them was only a minor ranking event.

It's one of those cases where you have to step back and think, what? these two have almost never met in a final before? Well I never.