Post a reply

Cazoo Champion of Champions Group 1 !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 15th of November at the University of Bolton Stadium, Bolton

New Venue for for the 9th Staging of the event with Defending Champion Mark Allen opting out Judd Trump gets the tournament under way against World Seniors Champion David Lilley while Stephen Maguire in his 6th appearance taking on Ryan Day playing for the 3rd time.

Who will win Group 1?

DRAW

Monday 15th of November

Group 1

1pm

Judd Trump 4-1 David Lilley H2H Trump leads 2-0

Followed by

Stephen Maguire 2-4 Ryan Day H2H Maguire leads 17-4

7pm

Judd Trump 6-0 Ryan Day H2H Trump leads 11-5

(Not Available in the UK)

OTHER BRODCASTERS

Re: Cazoo Champion of Champions Group 1 !!!!

Postby Reg Varney

I have David Lilley in my Think Pink team, so even though this one doesn't count, I'll be cheering him on hoping he can pick up a win and then take that into the UK's.

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerFan wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/EmFrazer/status/1459980831645184009

Despite not having numbers on them, these suddenly make the shootout shirts look tasteful.

But if Trumps right, these will lead to a new audience watching the game, so what do i know.

Didn't realise they were shiny until that vid.

I th8nk the home nations shirts are fine but these seem to be mimicking pool/darts.

Postby SnookerFan

Having said all that, have we noticed that since Hearn has 'retired', they've had a short-arse British Open format and now a dress code change in one tournament.

Is this indicative that the new regime is going to do a lot of shaking things up?

New shirts barely matters at all. But shorter matches in more tournaments, shot clocks introduced or drunken lairy crowds matter more.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Having said all that, have we noticed that since Hearn has 'retired', they've had a short-arse British Open format and now a dress code change in one tournament.

Is this indicative that the new regime is going to do a lot of shaking things up?

New shirts barely matters at all. But shorter matches in more tournaments, shot clocks introduced or drunken lairy crowds matter more.

Well this is Matchroom whereas the British Open was WST, so they’re not the same regime.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Having said all that, have we noticed that since Hearn has 'retired', they've had a short-arse British Open format and now a dress code change in one tournament.

Well this is Matchroom whereas the British Open was WST, so they’re not the same regime.

Yes, I suppose it is thinking about it.

I've never really thought about who sets the dress code.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:I wish I had this week off work, as well.

Too many snooker tournaments, not enough Annual Leave.

I'm back working this week after having a nice week off :sad: I'm still working from home though fortunately.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I wish I had this week off work, as well.

Too many snooker tournaments, not enough Annual Leave.

I'm back working this week after having a nice week off :sad: I'm still working from home though fortunately.

Jealous.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:

A valid point. Although I personally can’t help thinking Judd’s comments earlier in the year and JV & DT getting the chop were anything but directly correlated. So I suppose we can assume that along with Matchroom the BBC were also influenced, and in their awkward clamouring to be seen as cool and modern they’ll likely continue to be influenced.

I’d like to think someone at WST sees things in a more balanced light, and realises it’s probably not wise to start making big changes at the whim of one player.

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:
Iranu wrote:

A valid point. Although I personally can’t help thinking Judd’s comments earlier in the year and JV & DT getting the chop were anything but directly correlated. So I suppose we can assume that along with Matchroom the BBC were also influenced, and in their awkward clamouring to be seen as cool and modern they’ll likely continue to be influenced.

I’d like to think someone at WST sees things in a more balanced light, and realises it’s probably not wise to start making big changes at the whim of one player.

This.

Again, wearing shirts instead of waistcoats and bowties is an irrelevance in the grand scheme of things. And, it's not a bad thing that the BBC is trying to sack off some of the geriatrics who refuse to learn anything about snooker that happened since Jimmy White was in a Crucible final, but it does leave a bad taste in a way too. I mean, if Judd said that The Crucible should have matches shortened to best of three, would they rush out and do that too?

That's an extreme example, obviously. And both the dress code, and the hiring competent commentators are not necessarily bad things. So, hopefully, as you say World Snooker will take a balanced view. Take suggestions when they're good ones, but not rush in just to make the youngsters happy.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Judders beginning to shake now.

The Cazoo Curse and the awesome force of Lilley.

Is Lilley a sith lord?

Not as far as I'm aware.

Yeah, he is. Didn’t you know?

Postby HappyCamper

glancing at the tv guide i thought the itv4 coverage was starting early by actually they are just showing re-runs of classic spy thriller the champions

Postby Andre147

HappyCamper wrote:glancing at the tv guide i thought the itv4 coverage was starting early by actually they are just showing re-runs of classic spy thriller the champions

Watching it now, seems a good tv show.