Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Champion of Champions Group 2 !!!!

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:The CoC trophy has been renamed the Yan Bingtao Trophy in honour of this performance :hatoff:

Goes without saying after that. A true moment in the history of the sport.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Yan is one of very few players Selby would probably like to avoid at the Crucible. This 21 year old dude has a lot of patience and no problem with scrappy frames.

Yan reminds me a bit of McGill, the latter himself beat Selby at the Crucible.

But Yan's better than Ants I think.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Yan is one of very few players Selby would probably like to avoid at the Crucible. This 21 year old dude has a lot of patience and no problem with scrappy frames.

Tactically he is much superior to McGill. Breakbuilding obviously needs to improve big time. Today it was decent though.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:Only time I remember seeing a foot foul: https://youtu.be/MiD5AxdSh4Y

Lolz

One of the best matches Ronnie's ever played... if not for that foul and a few other 80+ breaks, could easily have had 7 or 8 century breaks instead of the 4 he made.

Postby chengdufan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What else is on?

Stockport vs Bolton FA cup first round is on BBC2.

Yes, I was watching the FA cup match along with the rest of Bolton. We produced our worst performance of the season and got completely outplayed by non-leaguers.

Postby lhpirnie

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Tactically he is much superior to McGill. Breakbuilding obviously needs to improve big time. Today it was decent though.

I don't think Yan has ever played his best game on the TV tables, although yesterday was a step forward. Generally he's been winning with his B-game. Before yesterday Yan has only played one match on the main table all season (the NI Open semi-final). It's notoriously difficult to come from the outside tables onto the main table, against a player who has played there throughout. Yan's best 2 tournaments so far in 2021 have been in 1-table set-ups.

Postby Reg Varney

Prop wrote:A liiiiiitle bit salty.

Noticed that when watching the interview after the match. Straight in with the "run of the balls" comment.

Postby Iranu

Reg Varney wrote:

Noticed that when watching the interview after the match. Straight in with the "run of the balls" comment.

Was a bit Juddesque but unlike Judd at least he was accurate.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Reg Varney wrote:

Was a bit Juddesque but unlike Judd at least he was accurate.

rofl rofl rofl

Postby SnookerFan

At least in his tweet afterwards, he wished him good luck.

https://twitter.com/markjesterselby/sta ... 6355950594

Yes, he mentioned the luck, which he didn't have to mention. Made him seem a bit sour.

But, if Judd had said it, he'd have acted like the other player was completely undeserving of getting through whilst ignoring that he himself gets three times as many flukes as every other player on tour.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:At least in his tweet afterwards, he wished him good luck.

https://twitter.com/markjesterselby/sta ... 6355950594

Yes, he mentioned the luck, which he didn't have to mention. Made him seem a bit sour.

But, if Judd had said it, he'd have acted like the other player was completely undeserving of getting through whilst ignoring that he himself gets three times as many flukes as every other player on tour.

Hendry had an interesting little anecdote yesterday. Willie Thorne asked Davis why he got so many flukes, and he said “it’s because I play more frames”. So there’s probably some logic in that. Judd goes deep in most tournaments, and he’s usually on the TV table. On top of that, once a player gets branded as lucky, confirmation bias is a factor.

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:Hendry had an interesting little anecdote yesterday. Willie Thorne asked Davis why he got so many flukes, and he said “it’s because I play more frames”. So there’s probably some logic in that. Judd goes deep in most tournaments, and he’s usually on the TV table. On top of that, once a player gets branded as lucky, confirmation bias is a factor.

The style of play he has been known to play doesn't hurt. At the height of his 'naughty snooker' phase, he'd smash the ball hard and so if it missed the pocket, it would hurtle up the table and it was more likely to go into another pocket than with other players playing that sort of shot.