Post a reply

Re: Cazoo UK Championship Last 128 !!!!!

Postby Ck147

Is this only on Eurosport at the moment? Couldn’t find it on other channels. Just been catching up on todays action as busy day at work. Robbo out, oh dear, at least he didn’t whinge like Smurph. Murphy should be ashamed of his comments, his loss is on him. I think it’s good amateurs get a chance, brings new blood into the game.

Postby Prop

Ck147 wrote:Is this only on Eurosport at the moment? Couldn’t find it on other channels. Just been catching up on todays action as busy day at work. Robbo out, oh dear, at least he didn’t whinge like Smurph. Murphy should be ashamed of his comments, his loss is on him. I think it’s good amateurs get a chance, brings new blood into the game.

Yep, first round on ES. No play tomorrow then round 2 starts with BBC (and ES) coverage Saturday as usual.

Robbo looked out of sorts today. He didn’t settle at all.

Postby Ck147

Prop wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Is this only on Eurosport at the moment? Couldn’t find it on other channels. Just been catching up on todays action as busy day at work. Robbo out, oh dear, at least he didn’t whinge like Smurph. Murphy should be ashamed of his comments, his loss is on him. I think it’s good amateurs get a chance, brings new blood into the game.

Yep, first round on ES. No play tomorrow then round 2 starts with BBC (and ES) coverage Saturday as usual.

Robbo looked out of sorts today. He didn’t settle at all.

Thanks Prop, will be back on Saturday then. Gives me a day to think about who I’m going to support for the rest of the tourney!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
LC wrote:I think the only 2 players who could stop him are Williams and selby both don’t take past scars into matches unlike ROS and Higgins

Selby yet to beat Trump in a bo11 or above. 5:0 Trump in that regard.

Yep. But I would like a big final between them which for one reason or another those two always seem to avoid to each other.

Postby Andre147

Thepps v Xintong in the Last 64! Now that's going to be a quick one.

Actually they only played once, at this same stage two years ago in the UK Champs.

Postby Juddernaut88

rekoons wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Dammmn Bingham won.

you got something against Bingham?

Not really a fan of him to be honest and I generally support the underdog player anyway unless of course they are playing against my favourites.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Colin Murray discussing Shaun Murphy in today's Metro.

Let us know what he says please.

Nothing interesting, he says he can understand both sides of the debate but it was bad timing.

He was talking again about this idea of reducing the amount of professionals, and spreading the prize money around so there aren't as many pros struggling financially.

Whether you agree with this reduction in the tour size idea or not though, I don't think that was what Murphy was talking about here. If you have 90-odd professionals, or whatever it's meant to be, doesn't stop the idea of parachuting amateurs into a tournament if they can't make up the numbers. Which is what Murphy was bellyaching about. What if some of the pros got injured or ill, or whatever. Should the pro they were meant to face just get a bye? Maybe in some tournaments. But, I never liked byes. I get that they're sometimes unavoidable, but with the structure that the UK has where everybody plays one game in the first week, I'd much rather a high ranking amateur makes up the numbers rather than nobody. These players are often playing for their livelihood much more than somebody like Murphy is. Even these pros that are 120-odd in the world, are still going to be allowed to play in every tournament. So surely the pressure is off then more than it's off an amateur?

No matter how you spin it, it's hard to find anything but sour grapes from Murphy.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Colin Murray discussing Shaun Murphy in today's Metro.

Let us know what he says please.

Nothing interesting, he says he can understand both sides of the debate but it was bad timing.

He was talking again about this idea of reducing the amount of professionals, and spreading the prize money around so there aren't as many pros struggling financially.

Whether you agree with this reduction in the tour size idea or not though, I don't think that was what Murphy was talking about here. If you have 90-odd professionals, or whatever it's meant to be, doesn't stop the idea of parachuting amateurs into a tournament if they can't make up the numbers. Which is what Murphy was bellyaching about. What if some of the pros got injured or ill, or whatever. Should the pro they were meant to face just get a bye? Maybe in some tournaments. But, I never liked byes. I get that they're sometimes unavoidable, but with the structure that the UK has where everybody plays one game in the first week, I'd much rather a high ranking amateur makes up the numbers rather than nobody. These players are often playing for their livelihood much more than somebody like Murphy is. Even these pros that are 120-odd in the world, are still going to be allowed to play in every tournament. So surely the pressure is off then more than it's off an amateur?

No matter how you spin it, it's hard to find anything but sour grapes from Murphy.

:goodpost:

Postby Wildey

Yanfan wrote:
csprince wrote:i didn't hear murphy moaning about paul deaville at the last tournament.

I wrote this earlier:

Murphy's outburst was 100% sour grapes. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have said anything if he won 6-0 instead of losing 6-5.

Besides that, he's a bit of a fat hypocrite, isn't he? He entered the golf Open as an amateur. And, if he qualified, I doubt that the 157th ranked professional, who he had knocked out of the cut, would moan about amateurs being allowed to play professional golf.

Never really liked Murphy. Too goody two shoes for me. I remember when he tried to ban his wife from attending snooker events. Bell end.

To start with what has his weight got to do with anything, please refrain from taking a personal swipe at him or anyone else thats worst than what he said about amateurs.

Postby Yanfan

Wildey wrote:
Yanfan wrote:
csprince wrote:i didn't hear murphy moaning about paul deaville at the last tournament.

I wrote this earlier:

Murphy's outburst was 100% sour grapes. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have said anything if he won 6-0 instead of losing 6-5.

Besides that, he's a bit of a fat hypocrite, isn't he? He entered the golf Open as an amateur. And, if he qualified, I doubt that the 157th ranked professional, who he had knocked out of the cut, would moan about amateurs being allowed to play professional golf.

Never really liked Murphy. Too goody two shoes for me. I remember when he tried to ban his wife from attending snooker events. Bell end.

To start with what has his weight got to do with anything, please refrain from taking a personal swipe at him or anyone else thats worst than what he said about amateurs.

He annoyed me a bit by saying what he did. What with him being a millionaire, and saying that amateurs should not be allowed to earn a few quid in prize money.

But I should not have called him fat. It was personal.

So, I apologise, and I will not do it again. <ok>

Postby hendry_fan

Very well done Andy Hicks in beating Wenbo!.

Hard luck to Dean young,who narrowly lost 6-5 to Bingham!.

Very not well done to Robbo,loses 6-2 to Astley!. :shock: :shock:

Robbo only managed one 50+ break.No wonder he lost then,aint gonna get far by makin only one 50+ break!.

Postby Juddernaut88

hendry_fan wrote:Very well done Andy Hicks in beating Wenbo!.

Hard luck to Dean young,who narrowly lost 6-5 to Bingham!.

Very not well done to Robbo,loses 6-2 to Astley!. :shock: :shock:

Robbo only managed one 50+ break.No wonder he lost then,aint gonna get far by makin only one 50+ break!.

Dean Young fought back well, he was 4-1 down and 5-3 down, massive shame he couldn't get the win.