Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Champion of Champions Semi Final 2 !!!!

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Good final in prospect

Always good matches between them two.

I'd be very surprised though if Higgins didn't lose his 3rd final in a row.

Postby Ck147

Well done John, unlucky Yan. Would have preferred a Judd Yan final. Think Higgins will lose 3 finals in a row, won’t be a whitewash like last night but Judd will win by quite some margin.

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:Yeee lassen, et was a tuff gehhm. Et’s alwehs a tuff gehhm ageenst Yan, he’s soch a deffehcult pleehhyr tae beat so naw, absouleh dalayted. Dalayted, aye. Aye.

Jeez mate, you should be banned for that

Postby hendry_fan

Well,i,m gonna be generous and say hard luck to Yan, :-D He played pretty good in spells and the poor lad did,nt even get a chance in the decider,so i think it,s fair to say that he did,nt choke,crumble.

In fact,John did,nt end up chokeing,crumbling neither,as he knocked in a frame n match winning break of 89!.

Both in general were miles off there very best,but it was a suspense packed,thrilling match.

Both ended up with a 88% POT SUCCESS!.Safety from both was very good most of the time and John pulled out a good few raspers of pots,especially that long red n tricky black in the decider.

Very well done John!, :phew: that would o been extremely hard to take,if he,d of lost that match,but he finaly took the chance in the decider n did,nt choke,crumble!. :happy:

Dear Sir Dan- :cat: ,pie up ya Dumpty!.You now owe me 9 Bn T pies.GET IN THERE MA LADDIE!. :happy:

:happy: :cracker: :clap:

Postby Prop

Cracking match. Yan is getting into the picture more and more now, and he can only get better. I wonder how his game will develop over the next few seasons, where his peak is.

Looking forward to the final. Hopefully as intense as today.

Postby Ck147

Prop wrote:Cracking match. Yan is getting into the picture more and more now, and he can only get better. I wonder how his game will develop over the next few seasons, where his peak is.

He’s definitely one to watch

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I'd be surprised if Trump doesnt win this. Higgins would really have to raise his level + a late night finish in this semi has decreased his chances even further.

Yep.

Like CK would say.... Trump has this!

Postby Ck147

TheRocket wrote:I'd be surprised if Trump doesnt win this. Higgins would really have to raise his level + a late night finish in this semi has decreased his chances even further.

Totally agree with you

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:Cracking match. Yan is getting into the picture more and more now, and he can only get better. I wonder how his game will develop over the next few seasons, where his peak is.

If Yan can do to his scoring what Kyren has (and he has what, an 8 year headstart on Kyren) he could be scarily good.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:

If Yan can do to his scoring what Kyren has (and he has what, an 8 year headstart on Kyren) he could be scarily good.

Yeah. But it’s almost unthinkable. Could he become that good? I’m more inclined to think he’s only ever going to be a better version of his current self - mega safety game, respectable scorer. But if he does actually develop his scoring to that extent… well, like you say: scary.

Edit: Not saying Kyren’s scoring is particularly elite, more that if Yan can bring his scoring up to the level of his own tactical game, then he’d be the absolute business.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:
Iranu wrote:Ken mentioned speaking to Higgins at the interval and telling him he had to play faster.

Surely this sort of thing shouldn’t be allowed?

Players are allowed coaches/coaching?

Yeah, and if Higgins wants a coach he should pay for one.

Commentators should be impartial, they shouldn’t be rocking up to participants in the interval and giving pointers if they’re a mate.

Doesn't bother me.

Bothers me more that referees seem friendly with players outside of matches.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:If this dancing becomes a mainstay, do you think I should stop attending live snooker?

I think you should still attend and manifest a massacre with an axe.

Don't tempt me.

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:If this dancing becomes a mainstay, do you think I should stop attending live snooker?

I just watched the Chinese stream, don’t mind the singing girl, but the dancing in the break was worrying (I missed it at the start…wondered what you guys were talking about). Wouldn’t get me doing that. They’ll probably do kiss-cam next. :rolls-eyes:

As sleazy as commanding people to kiss for a camera is, I'd prefer that.

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:
Iranu wrote:Ken mentioned speaking to Higgins at the interval and telling him he had to play faster.

Commentators should be impartial, they shouldn’t be rocking up to participants in the interval and giving pointers if they’re a mate.

Doesn't bother me.

Prop has a point though. The established players are all very friendly with the commentators, organisers as well as the officials and referees. Often they have a 'friendly' rivalry with each other. For the outsiders (young players and foreign players), it does put them at a psychological disadvantage.

Postby SnookerFan

lhpirnie wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:

Doesn't bother me.

Prop has a point though. The established players are all very friendly with the commentators, organisers as well as the officials and referees. Often they have a 'friendly' rivalry with each other. For the outsiders (young players and foreign players), it does put them at a psychological disadvantage.

That's true, I guess.

If Yan sees a legend like Ken Doherty running over and acting friendly with Higgins, could it harm him psychologically? Knowing that legends of the game don't want him to win. We desperately need those youngsters coming through.

It still doesn't bother me more than referees being pally with several players. I don't see how that can be right. That's a conflict of interests, surely.

Postby SnookerFan

McManusFan wrote:To be fair, we don't know if Ken said anything to Yan too. We're also talking as if it's an advantage to be bothered in the middle of your practice routine with small talk.

True.

Much ado about nothing.