Post a reply

Cazoo Champion of Champion Final !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 20th of November at the University of Bolton Stadium, Bolton

Judd Trump will play John Higgins for the Champion of Champion trophy.

Over the last 3 years Judd Trump has been the Champion of Champions in all but name this week he could change that.

Who will win?

DRAW

Sunday 21st of November

FINAL

Judd Trump v John Higgins

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Higgins leads 22-19
Main Tournaments Higgins leads 10-9
Multi Session Matches Higgins leads 3-2
Finals Higgins leads 4-2

(Not Available in the UK)

Re: Cazoo Champion of Champion Final !!!!

Postby Juddernaut88

Come on Judd! Interestingly Judd hasn't lost a final when he's won the opening frame in the final since March 2017 at the Gibraltar Open against Shaun Murphy.
He has however lost his last 4 finals when he has lost the opening frame in the final. October 2017 at The European Masters against Stuart Bingham was the last time he won a final after losing the opening frame.

Postby Yanfan

Yan is out, so now: Come on Judd!

And what was commentator Ken doing last night, coaching his mate John in the interval? Aren't commentators supposed to be impartial? The players will be taking tips from the referees next. They are far too jokey and chummy with the players, if you ask me. They should just do their job. And the T-shirts, dancing, etc. WTF is going on? This is not darts! What's wrong with wearing a waistcoat and tie? (bow or normal, it does not matter)

I am only 16, but these attempts to gain a 'younger audience' have had the opposite effect on me. :td:

Right, that's my moaning over and done with. I will look forward to the final now. Come on Judd! :D
Last edited by Yanfan on 21 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Yanfan wrote:Yan is out, so now: Come on Judd!

And what was commentator Ken doing last night, coaching his mate John in the interval? Aren't commentators supposed to be impartial? The players will be taking tips from the referees next. They are far too jokey and chummy with the players, if you ask me. They should just do their job. And the T-shirts, dancing, etc. WTF is going on? This is not darts! What's wrong with wearing a waistcoat and tie? (bow or normal, it does not matter)

I am only 16, but these attempts to gain a 'younger audience' have had the opposite effect on me. :td:

That doesn't bother me, if I'm honest.

Are commentators meant to be neutral? If that's the case, I can't think of many good examples of unbiased commentary in any sport. The bigger, more famous, more marketable name is always built up on commentary because they think that's what fans want to hear. Ever heard BBC commentary during a Ronnie game? They don't even pretend that they're not supporting Ronnie.

Anyway, I don't see how going over to a player and giving tips impedes his ability to talk when a match is on. Referees are meant to be impartial. Commentators not so much.

Postby chengdufan

I'm all for the dancing. Must be a Bolton thing. We like a good dance.

We had Big Sam and Jay-Jay celebrating a goal with a dance at a charity game at the stadium last weekend. Could be a follow on from that.

And you moaners should give it a rest about the shirts. You'd decided you didn't like them before you'd even seen them. Talk about unconscious bias. They're not that bad if you look at them with an open mind in isolation.

Postby Yanfan

SnookerFan wrote:
Yanfan wrote:Yan is out, so now: Come on Judd!

That doesn't bother me, if I'm honest.

Are commentators meant to be neutral? If that's the case, I can't think of many good examples of unbiased commentary in any sport. The bigger, more famous, more marketable name is always built up on commentary because they think that's what fans want to hear. Ever heard BBC commentary during a Ronnie game? They don't even pretend that they're not supporting Ronnie.

Anyway, I don't see how going over to a player and giving tips impedes his ability to talk when a match is on. Referees are meant to be impartial. Commentators not so much.

OK. I cannot fault anything you say there. I got it wrong about the commentators. Unlike the referees, I don't think there are any rules that say commentators MUST be impartial. I just think they SHOULD be. But I don't make the rules, so what can I do? I also wanted Yan to win, which probably threw my thinking off a bit.

But it should still be a great final anyway. Come on Judd! :D

Postby Holden Chinaski

The shirts suck. They make the players look terrible. I'm a big fan of the classic snooker look. The classic look makes the players look classy and smart, this polo look makes them look like the local darts team somewhere in a pub.

Postby SnookerEd25

Only David Gilbert looked good in the new shirts this week; they are not flattering for the more rotund player :hmmm:

Postby HappyCamper

chengdufan wrote:And you moaners should give it a rest about the shirts. You'd decided you didn't like them before you'd even seen them. Talk about unconscious bias. They're not that bad if you look at them with an open mind in isolation.

no, they are just really bad; they don't fit well for almost all the players so clearly haven't been properly tailored, the material looks cheap and has an unpleasant shine, the fact they are basically identical for all the players is naff and lacks visual interest, the names on the back running north-south instead east-west is just baffling.

em fraser was on the snooker scene podcast this week and basically admitted that even matchroom weren't happy with the product, attributing it to the late decision to introduce them and hence the process was rushed.

if you want to have a new dress code with polo shirts fine. but let the players choose their own, don't force them to wear rubbish identikit garments like they're numpties on some sort of stag weekend.

Postby TheRocket

The 2019 World final marked the turning point in this rivalry with Trump gaining the upper hand.

Should Higgins win this match it would be one of his finest wins ever. At the age of 46, against the best player of the last 2-3 years and against the natural cycle of things.

Postby Yanfan

chengdufan wrote:I'm all for the dancing. Must be a Bolton thing. We like a good dance.

We had Big Sam and Jay-Jay celebrating a goal with a dance at a charity game at the stadium last weekend. Could be a follow on from that.

And you moaners should give it a rest about the shirts. You'd decided you didn't like them before you'd even seen them. Talk about unconscious bias. They're not that bad if you look at them with an open mind in isolation.

It's only my second day on the forum, and I don't want to start off giving the impression that I am nothing but a moaner. So let me say this. I'm not not keen on the T-Shirts and dancing etc, but I don't mind them that much. I would still enjoy the snooker, however the players were dressed. I just hope it's not the thin end of the wedge, as they say. I would not like snooker to become like darts, with rowdy people in the audience dressed up as Elvis Presley, or with a miniature snooker table strapped to their back or something. I like the waistcoats and ties, but I will always love snooker however they try to deliver it to the public. :-)

Anyway, enough of my moaning, come on Judd! :D

Postby hendry_fan

"HF - do you back your man against Trumpy?".

"5 Tatty Pies!".

Well as my Gran sometimes used to say to me,"DON,T BE SO GREEDY,YA GREEDY BU**ER!". :wild: :shock: <laugh>

So,NO DEAL Sir Dan- :cat: ya greedy Bu**er :no: :happy:

BUT!,......................

............I,ll bet you 2 B n T Pies!.DEAL?. :chin:

I must admit,i aint confident at all that John,ll beat Judd today/tnight and besides,i don,t wanna be greedy,so,a bet of 2 Pies,i,ll take the risk of bettin. :-D

COMMMME ONNNNNNNNNN JOHN!.

Postby Yanfan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Yanfan wrote: with rowdy people in the audience dressed up as Elvis Presley,

Elvis had class.

The REAL Elvis had class, but we would probably be subjected to creatures like this:

Postby Yanfan

SnookerFan wrote:I went to a Chinese restaurant once that had a crap Elvis impersonator.

Sadly he wasn't Chinese.

I had deliveroo Chinese takeaway last night. It was absolutely delicious. I was going to have pizza, but I accidentally cremated it in the microwave. Best mistake I ever made. :D

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:I went to a Chinese restaurant once that had a crap Elvis impersonator.

Sadly he wasn't Chinese.

How was the food? Do you remember what you had? :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:

Sadly he wasn't Chinese.

How was the food? Do you remember what you had? :chin:

It was Mexican, I believe.