Post a reply

Re: Cazoo UK Championship Last 16 !!!!!

Postby Yanfan

SnookerFan wrote:Wouldn't it be mad if Peter Lines won the UK Championship?

Could that really happen? It just doesn't bear thinking about. :td:

Postby HappyCamper

LDS wrote:I don't think I can remember a year when so many big names have dropped like flies before even the last 16 phase.

Has anyone done the stats yet? Is this some kind of all time record? Not just for this tournament either, but any big rankers of note.

depends on how you count big name.

of the top 16 seeds there are five remaining which is only one fewer than last year.

of the top 10 however we have only two, down from five last year.

the median seeding remaining this year is 34, down from 20.5 last year. more than half of this years last 16 aren't even in the top 32! which is remarkable.

both this year and last had two outside the top 64. so on the face of it a good year for middle ranked player

there were only four top 16 seeds remaining at this stage of the german masters and gibraltar open earlier this year. but those had shorter matches obviously.

Postby Prop

I hope Zhao smashes Lines. Would love to see him have a good run. Also Vafaei. He plays the game the right way. Just a bit crap that a Vafaei win would mean Lisowski going out.

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/1528971/Ronnie-O-Sullivan-retirement-UK-Championship-Judd-Trump-Mark-Hill-snooker-news/amp

must be a Wednesday. Ronnie usually mentions retirement every Wednesday.

Postby orky

Isn't there a tennis thread? Just find it irritating these off topic posts... Anyway I agree this is a fantastic chance for Wilson, chances are he will play Ronnie in the last 8 and he has to step up and beat him. I think it will be his best chance to beat Ronnie in a big event providing he has the belief to do it, Wilson does need to step up and make his mark.

Postby chengdufan

I'm predicting Zhao will blow Lines away, but Saengkham O'Sullivan will be close.
So I'm going to watache Zhao first, then switch over to see Noppon win the decider :-D

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Very classy Ronnie intro with Johnny Cash. Moody.

Hurt is actually by Nine Inch Nails, Johnny Cash made it a huge song.

Noppon - what a darling!

That intro was lame.

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:Very classy Ronnie intro with Johnny Cash. Moody.

Hurt is actually by Nine Inch Nails, Johnny Cash made it a huge song.

Noppon - what a darling!

One of those covers that sounds more like an original.

Recognise the tune played after that?