Post a reply

Re: Cazoo UK Championship Final !!!!!!!!

Postby badtemperedcyril

Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Radzi is very good at his job.

Agreed.

"Transition from the Sports Hall to the Sporting Greats"

Great way to end the championship with that quote Radzi!

Loved that line :-D

You gotta man crush on Radzi

Postby lhpirnie

Iranu wrote:Would Zhao have won this tournament if Yan hadn’t won the Masters?

That's a very good point. It's always difficult being a lone ranger, as Ding found out.

Zhao Xintong and Yan Bingtao play at the same academy. He's obviously seen Yan come back with that trophy and wants one. He will know he can do it because he can match Yan in their practice matches.

Postby TheRocket

Will be interesting to see whether Zhao gets more screen time on the main table now.

UK Champion + entertaining style of play is a strong argument on his side. Kyren would be annoyed I'm sure.

Postby HustleKing

A star is born.

A remarkable display by the young Chinese man and like Yan Bingtao, he looks destined to have a bright future in the game.

Hard luck Luca, but you've pushed yourself well up the rankings and have a lot to build on after a magnificent tournament

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Will be interesting to see whether Zhao gets more screen time on the main table now.

UK Champion + entertaining style of play is a strong argument on his side. Kyren would be annoyed I'm sure.

He definately deserves it. Being UK Champion, and like you saying his style of play is so pleasing on the eye, one of the best to watch for sure.

Cant wait for his match against Higgins at The Masters. Higgins wants revenge for the UK loss for sure.

Postby Wildey

They Cant carry on like this playing qualifiers way in advance of the tournament

Zhao Xintong is not in the Scottish Open Lost to Lei Peifan 4-2 and European Open lost to Aaron Hill 5-4

Ding Junhui is playing in the Scottish Open Next week as 10th seed despite his ranking being 27th.

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:They Cant carry on like this playing qualifiers way in advance of the tournament

Zhao Xintong is not in the Scottish Open Lost to Lei Peifan 4-2 and European Open lost to Aaron Hill 5-4

Ding Junhui is playing in the Scottish Open Next week as 10th seed despite his ranking being 27th.

Hopefully the qualifiers are just here during covid times. I think the Home Nations tournaments are wrecked by ripping them apart into two events. It used to be great seeing all of the players turn up to the same tournament.

But of course the ranking system needs to be changed to stop these silly drops when points come off from an event that happened 2 years ago.

Postby hendry_fan

Hendry_fan was correct,i predicted that Zhao would win,in fact it was a very comfortable win :happy:

I should of had a bet with Sir Dan_ :cat: ,mind you i dunno who he predicted to win,he might of also gone for Zhao. :-D

Many congrats to Mr Xintong. :win: :clap:

Lightly drunk,i managed to see the Final frame. :party:

The newly crowned UK Champ Zhao managed seven 50+ breaks,which included one century which is ok/decent i guess.

Mr Brecel only managed three 50+ers,one of them was also a century,which is,well,not very good,it has to be said,one aint gonna be crowned UK Champ only being able to make three 50+ers. :chin: :roll:

It,s gonna be intrestin to see where both players go from here.Will both win the Worlds,Masters at some point or will they <only> win a few tin pot tourneys.Both might never reach another Final let alone win anything again.Both might fade away into the realm of darkness. :chin: :-)