Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League 2021/2022

Postby LDS

Empire State Human wrote:Bottle job from Bingtao - misses a straightforward pink with black waiting to counter-clear, but it wobbles in the jaws and Higgins survives!

Totally. All the colours from brown to black were on their spot. He nearly went in-off after potting the brown as well.

Postby lhpirnie

LDS wrote:Just caught some commentary saying someone was docked a frame for turning up late.

I guess that answers how this match has caught up so quick.

Yes. Liang on the way home thinking he couldn't possibly qualify, but the last 2 matches went his way.

Postby LDS

lhpirnie wrote:
LDS wrote:Just caught some commentary saying someone was docked a frame for turning up late.

I guess that answers how this match has caught up so quick.

Yes. Liang on the way home thinking he couldn't possibly qualify, but the last 2 matches went his way.

<laugh>

Did he learn nothing from MDG !?!

Postby Empire State Human

Bingham self-declares a push shot on the yellow, but it's difficult to see how it could've been a push, given the amount of backspin he got on the shot. I couldn't see anything on the replay, but maybe it just grazed the tip on the way back ...

I remember a few years ago he self-declared a foul against Ebdon in the World Championship, which he later realised wasn't a foul. Ebdon ended up winning the frame after needing 4 snookers.

Postby LDS

Empire State Human wrote:Bingham self-declares a push shot on the yellow, but it's difficult to see how it could've been a push, given the amount of backspin he got on the shot. I couldn't see anything on the replay, but maybe it just grazed the tip on the way back ...

I remember a few years ago he self-declared a foul against Ebdon in the World Championship, which he later realised wasn't a foul. Ebdon ended up winning the frame after needing 4 snookers.

He's certainly a double plus :hatoff: :hatoff: player.

Postby TheRocket

congrats to Higgins. For sure he would want to win somewhere else but that 80+ clearance in the decider was important for him. He was (again) about to lose a final from 2 frames up with 3 more to play.

His game is in good shape overall.

Postby McManusFan

Great that Higgins has won something, it very nearly went the way of his other recent finals. It's just a shame its the second worst tournament on the calendar! How he beat Bingtao I don't know, he was awful in that one.

Postby Yanfan

McManusFan wrote:Great that Higgins has won something, it very nearly went the way of his other recent finals. It's just a shame its the second worst tournament on the calendar! How he beat Bingtao I don't know, he was awful in that one.

Higgins beat Yan, and went on to win the tournament. Good on him. <ok>

I love watching Higgins play. And, when he's on absolute top form, he may play snooker as good as it can possibly be played.

I'm assuming you mean that the shoot-out is the actual worst tournament on the calendar. :chuckle: