Post a reply

Unwatchable

Postby Alex0paul

I cannot bare to watch this years event. It’s been hideous, cringeworthy and awful.

Re: Unwatchable

Postby Andre147

And did you have to make a thread about it? :roll:

It's not been that bad. I'm sure we'll have some great quarter-final matches and the rest should be great too.

Postby Alex0paul

The constant hype about the event.
The bull about what an amazing crowd.
The matches have been pretty dull.
The same players that we’ve seen at the Masters pretty much for the last 10 years.
The incredible standard.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I really don't think you like snooker anymore Alex, you miserable git. Find another sport. Or forum.

I agree.

I enoyed the Wiliams match, the Ronnie match, the Murphy match, the Higgins match.

The crowd analysis has been lame,but if we turned off every time commentators talked rubbish we'd never watch.

Not been a massively bad tournament. Judd vs Allen could be good. Two good matches tomorrow.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Image

rofl rofl

"I like the last match."
"Why?"
"It was the last match."

Postby mantorok

This forum is turning into a festering pool of misery, a bunch of miserable moaning bucks about lately spreading negativity.

Don't like the snooker, stop watching. Want to moan about it, do it elsewhere.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:This forum is turning into a festering pool of misery, a bunch of miserable moaning bucks about lately spreading negativity.

Yes.

This is a forum to analyse why my chocolate had gone off a long time before it should have. :no:

Postby Iranu

mantorok wrote:This forum is turning into a festering pool of misery, a bunch of miserable moaning bucks about lately spreading negativity.

Unless it’s moaning about Studd, presumably?

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:

Or Yates.

Postby badtemperedcyril

I’ve actually enjoyed all the matches. Williams comeback was absolute vintage and got the crowd in the palm of his hand. Selby - Maguire was also, in its own way, a fascinating encounter. Some good potting and tactical play and a few mind games. Higgins was brilliant - classic case of an old master putting one over the student. Loved Neal Foulds’ comment: “the only way you could make that half any harder would be to put Joe Davis in it… if he were alive.”

Postby mick745

badtemperedcyril wrote:I’ve actually enjoyed all the matches. Williams comeback was absolute vintage and got the crowd in the palm of his hand. Selby - Maguire was also, in its own way, a fascinating encounter. Some good potting and tactical play and a few mind games. Higgins was brilliant - classic case of an old master putting one over the student. Loved Neal Foulds’ comment: “the only way you could make that half any harder would be to put Joe Davis in it… if he were alive.”

Although he would be approaching his 121st birthday if he were alive.

Postby mantorok

Iranu wrote:

Goes without saying.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:

Yes.

This is a forum to analyse why my chocolate had gone off a long time before it should have. :no:

You need to post the picture on the forum so everyone can appreciate the context of it all.

Postby badtemperedcyril

mick745 wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:I’ve actually enjoyed all the matches. Williams comeback was absolute vintage and got the crowd in the palm of his hand. Selby - Maguire was also, in its own way, a fascinating encounter. Some good potting and tactical play and a few mind games. Higgins was brilliant - classic case of an old master putting one over the student. Loved Neal Foulds’ comment: “the only way you could make that half any harder would be to put Joe Davis in it… if he were alive.”

Although he would be approaching his 121st birthday if he were alive.

There’s no substitute for experience!

Postby mick745

Don Bradman in an interview in the 1990s was asked "what do you think your batting average would be if you were playing nowadays"

DB: Oh about 50

Interviewer: Really? That's about half of what you got in your career.

DB: I know. But I'm on my 80s now.

Postby badtemperedcyril

mick745 wrote:Don Bradman in an interview in the 1990s was asked "what do you think your batting average would be if you were playing nowadays"

DB: Oh about 50

Interviewer: Really? That's about half of what you got in your career.

DB: I know. But I'm on my 80s now.

Haha. Classic the Don

Postby Juddernaut88

:goodpost:

Postby McManusFan

Dan-cat wrote:I really don't think you like snooker anymore Alex, you miserable git. Find another sport. Or forum.

Seems a bit harsh.

Postby mick745

Alex0paul wrote:I cannot bare to watch this years event. It’s been hideous, cringeworthy and awful.

They say when you are tired of The Masters you are tired of life.

Postby SnookerFan

mick745 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I cannot bare to watch this years event. It’s been hideous, cringeworthy and awful.

They say when you are tired of The Masters you are tired of life.

Them five pints of lager last night didn't help.

Postby Alex0paul

Love a good jinx.

Postby Alex0paul

Got to have it on mute

Postby Juddernaut88

Alex0paul wrote:Got to have it on mute

But why?

Postby Iranu

Have what on mute? Have you found a way to watch it?