Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Masters Quarter-Finals: Barry Hawkins v Mark Selby

Postby SteveJJ

Iranu wrote:
Ck147 wrote:WTF is going on with Selby? Not like Bazza has been brilliant, he’s needed a few chances. Is it really the fear of facing Judd?

He’s just not having a good season.

Selby doesn’t seem to cope well with being WC and WN1, compared to others.

He seems to cope well with being WN1 in general. He must have been WN1 longer than anyone else over the past decade or so.

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I would kill someone for Barry Hawkins.

But what if Barry told you, to kill him?

Ooooooooooooh!

Dude, lay off the b-movies

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:If Selby had won would Ron still be in the studio speaking to him like hes doing to Barry now?

I think he would, since they dont have studio interviews here.

But would be awkward: "Hi Mark, Ronnie here. So huh... how do you feel after the win?

<laugh>

Postby Ck147

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Two good semis tomorrow.

Barry needs to play better than he did today though. Otherwise I dont think that second semi would be that good or competitive.

Yeah, Selby was just awful, Bazza didn’t have to do much to beat him. His play and stats weren’t that good, he really needs to raise his game to have any hope against Judd tomorrow. As I said before, I can see a Judd v Robbo final coming up.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:

Barry needs to play better than he did today though. Otherwise I dont think that second semi would be that good or competitive.

Really? I thought Hawkins played at least as well as Judd todsy.

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Really? I thought Hawkins played at least as well as Judd todsy.

Don't think so. Selby was just utterly awful and Barry still needed like 3 chances every frame to kill it off. I dont think he'll get that many against Trump who seems to be scoring pretty well. The Allen win gave him a big confidence boost.

If Barry can play to the level he did against Murphy though after the MSI then he has a decent chance.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SteveJJ wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ck147 wrote:WTF is going on with Selby? Not like Bazza has been brilliant, he’s needed a few chances. Is it really the fear of facing Judd?

He’s just not having a good season.

Selby doesn’t seem to cope well with being WC and WN1, compared to others.

He seems to cope well with being WN1 in general. He must have been WN1 longer than anyone else over the past decade or so.

Being WN1 don't mean s.h.i.t.
Winning trophies does.