Post a reply

Cazoo Masters Final: Neil Robertson v Barry Hawkins

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Sunday 16th of January @ 1pm and 7pm

The Masters Final, and firstly, Neil Robertson, after a dramatic win in the semi-finals, is into his 4th Masters Final and 10 years after he won his first title here. He's up against Barry Hawkins, himself into his 2nd Masters and trying to win his first Triple Crown event.

It will be these two players first Final between them, but on multi-session matches Hawkins leads 2-1, despite trailing Robertson in the overall h2h.

Who shall be lifting the Paul Hunter trophy at this amazing venue, and win the £250,000 top prize? Enjoy the Final!

Neil Robertson v Barry Hawkins

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Robertson leads 15-10
Main Tournaments Robertson leads 10-4
Multi Session Matches Hawkins leads 2-1
Finals First Final

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Cazoo Masters Final: Neil Robertson v Barry Hawkins

Postby Andre147

I think it will be a lot closer than what some people might expect.

But I can only see Barry beating Robbo if he plays like he did in their amazing match at the 2015 Worlds. If Hawkins is bellow that level, he won't win.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Juddernaut88 wrote:I'm not really too fussed who wins this to be honest. I'd expect Neil Robertson to win comfortably but we'll see.

Trump vs Robbo would have been a much better final. Nobody cares about Hawkins, he's too dull.

Postby TheSaviour

I kind of a knew this one. Barry Hawkins played like a dream straight away against Selby ! Hats off, for sure ! And Neil Robertson kind of just push through like a God, even when he has more flaws than Barry has.

And hey, I am locked up, without any reason. I think my life will be over soon. Not that I would have any poor health but one just can´t live like this. No outdoors, just medicine after medicine, fake diagnoses and so on. Hopefully some people would stand up and try to help a fellow snooker fan ! Just figure out where I am and try to push them a bit, in order that I would be free again.

Good luck to Neil, as Barry just plays like a true God at the mo ! Can´t figure out where he find a gear like he has now had, or then I did knew that.. Luckily I saw BH playing like that, before a complete lights out to me. So sad and wrong. So....... You know what to do, u know who I am, and where they have locked up me.

Postby SnookerEd25

I bucking love the Hawk <ok>

Hoping he wins a close one, but nothing against Neil. I’d rather Neil win 10-9 than Barry wins 10-5; a one-sided final is always an anti-climax.

Postby LDS

The previous head-to-heads do have a healthy lead for Robertson. Particularly the last couple of seasons.

However, an awful lot of these were single session matches.

The entire history of their 2 or more session matches is as follows:

2020 WSC L16, Robbo won 13-9
2018 China Open SF, Hawk won 10-6
2015 WSC QF, Hawk won 13-12

So, technically, Hawk actually still has the upper hand in more than single session matches, and it is the multi-session matches where Robbo is often weaker than his standard would imply.

It's without doubt that Robbo has been stronger in more recent seasons though, which is probably more important? Probably.

I'm definitely not writing the Hawk of just yet though. If Robbo gets off to an early 6-2 or better lead by the end of session 1 then I probably will, otherwise, nope.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:Anybody getting any cue wine or beer for today?

Thought I’d answered this and the post had disappeared, but realise you askased the same question on the Selby v Hawkins thread and I inadvertently answered that one instead <doh>

But, yes, I have some cans of mcCUEan’s Export chilling on the balcony. Cannot wait to crack one open when the matach starts (not too many though, up early tomorrow) <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:

Thought I’d answered this and the post had disappeared, but realise you askased the same question on the Selby v Hawkins thread and I inadvertently answered that one instead <doh>

But, yes, I have some cans of mcCUEan’s Export chilling on the balcony. Cannot wait to crack one open when the matach starts (not too many though, up early tomorrow) <ok>

Yeah, I screwed up and posted in the wrong thread.

Postby LDS

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

Yeah, I screwed up and posted in the wrong thread.

That's not like you.