Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Players Championship Last 16 !!

Postby Yanfan

Is this going to be one of those tournaments where all the big/interesting names go out and we end up with a Barry Hawkins v Jimmy Robinson final or something? :|

And, I would just like to repeat, I think Judd will win the World Championship this year. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Yanfan wrote:Is this going to be one of those tournaments where all the big/interesting names go out and we end up with a Barry Hawkins v Jimmy Robinson final or something? :|

And, I would just like to repeat, I think Judd will win the World Championship this year. <ok>

Nah. Ronnie will win it.

Postby Reg Varney

Juddernaut88 wrote:Jimmy Robertson leading Luca 2-1 :( he beat Luca in the World Grand Prix, surely he isn't going to do it again is he?

Let's hope so. A Jimmy win means good Think Pink points!

Postby 1892

Was at the Newcastle match last night so missed Ronnie beating Judd, was quite surprised when I seen he won. ITV Player haven’t added the match yet so haven’t seen it back either but sounded like a good performance and that Judd played well too. I agree with Yanfan and can see Judd winning the Worlds this season, been quite a poor season, by his standards anyways and maybe the lack of pressure at The Crucible will work in his favour.

Anyways, Higgins looking likely to half the deficit here.

Postby Yanfan

SnookerFan wrote:
Yanfan wrote:Is this going to be one of those tournaments where all the big/interesting names go out and we end up with a Barry Hawkins v Jimmy Robinson final or something? :|

Nah. Ronnie will win it.

That would be fine with me. I'm not a fan of Ronnie's antics (not that he's been up to any this tournament) but I do enjoy watching him play. <ok>

EDIT:

I mean I wouldn't mind Ronnie winning this tournament. I want Judd to win the World Championship.
Last edited by Yanfan on 09 Feb 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vodkadiet1

Surprised Phil Yates forgot Higgins losing the 96 British Open final frame decider to lose the final after Nigel Bond needed a snooker. That's a first!

Postby mick745

Yanfan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Nah. Ronnie will win it.

That would be fine with me. I'm not a fan of Ronnie's antics (not that he's been up to any this tournament) but I do enjoy watching him play. <ok>

EDIT:

I mean I wouldn't mind Ronnie winning this tournament. I want Judd to win the World Championship.

What about your boy Yan?

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet1 wrote:Surprised Phil Yates forgot Higgins losing the 96 British Open final frame decider to lose the final after Nigel Bond needed a snooker. That's a first!

I was thinking exactly that!

He mentioned the Thorburn v White Final, but forgot Higgins himself lost one after his opponent already needed a snooker. I watched that on Youtube, crazy last frame.

Postby vodkadiet1

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Surprised Phil Yates forgot Higgins losing the 96 British Open final frame decider to lose the final after Nigel Bond needed a snooker. That's a first!

I was thinking exactly that!

He mentioned the Thorburn v White Final, but forgot Higgins himself lost one after his opponent already needed a snooker. I watched that on Youtube, crazy last frame.

I haven't seen it since but from memory Bond was 0-69 behind with 5 reds remaining.

Postby SnookerEd25

Reg Varney wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Jimmy Robertson leading Luca 2-1 :( he beat Luca in the World Grand Prix, surely he isn't going to do it again is he?

Let's hope so. A Jimmy win means good Think Pink points!

:happy:

I need them

Oh wait, just realised that means ‘only if he’s on your team’ :grrr:

Postby Yanfan

mick745 wrote:
Yanfan wrote:

What about your boy Yan?

Yan has been annoying me a bit lately.

I mean, he's not returning my phone calls or anything. <laugh>

Also, I'm beginning to think he's not the 'world beater' I hoped he would be.

Maybe I'm a bit of a 'glory supporter'. :john:

Postby HappyCamper

TheRocket wrote:Is Jimmy Robbo playing well or Luca just poor?

robertson has been pretty decent from what i've seen. a couple fifties, and just won this frame in one visit.