Post a reply

Cazoo Players Championship Final !!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 7th ~ Sunday 13th of February at The Aldersley Leisure Village, Wolverhampton

Final of the Players Championship, will see Barry Hawkins, who's having a consistent season but still no trophy yet, up against the player he lost at last month's Masters, Neil Robertson, himself with 2 titles already this season and into his 4th Final.

Hawkins has won this tournament before in 2014, albeit when it was played over a Best of 7 format, whilst Neil Robertson lost in the 2019 Final. Will we see a different result this time around compared to the Masters one, or will Robertson continue his fantastic season? £125,000 top prize and the title await the winner.

Barry Hawkins v Neil Robertson

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Robertson leads 16-10
Main Tournaments Robertson leads 11-4
Multi Session Matches Tied at 2-2
Finals Robertson leads 1-0

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Cazoo Players Championship Final !!!!

Postby Andre147

I reckon it's going to be closer than the Masters Final... and TR is right on the other thread... Hawkins had a day off, might have the energy required for Beast Mode. Only way he can beat Robertson I think.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:I reckon it's going to be closer than the Masters Final... and TR is right on the other thread... Hawkins had a day off, might have the energy required for Beast Mode. Only way he can beat Robertson I think.

Barry is only good in semi finals.

Postby Ck147

eraserhead wrote:
Ck147 wrote:COME ON ROBBO!!!

:goodpost:

Hoping for 10-0

I ain’t saying anything :-)

Postby Ck147

eraserhead wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I reckon it's going to be closer than the Masters Final... and TR is right on the other thread... Hawkins had a day off, might have the energy required for Beast Mode. Only way he can beat Robertson I think.

Barry is only good in semi finals.

Yeah, he used to be only good in quarters but he’s improved to semis now

Postby hendry_fan

So,it,s Robbo v The Hawk in this years Final.

Well,i,m gonna say a A CK147 special!,.........

,..................."ROBBOS GOT THIS!". :happy: :-D

I don,t think he,ll spank the Hawk though. :-)

COMMMME ONNNNNN ROBBO!,Time to add to your Ranking Title tally. <cool>

Postby Yanfan

I have to go out now in the p*ssing down rain and pull a load of lobster pots, and also refuel the boat. And I will get paid about half of what an 'adult' would get. But I can't moan, because then he would get someone else to do it and I wouldn't get paid anything at all. Bugger. :irk:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Yanfan wrote:I have to go out now in the p*ssing down rain and pull a load of lobster pots, and also refuel the boat. And I will get paid about half of what an 'adult' would get. But I can't moan, because then he would get someone else to do it and I wouldn't get paid anything at all. Bugger. :irk:

Stop watching 'Deadliest Catch', snowflake.

Postby McManusFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Yanfan wrote:I have to go out now in the p*ssing down rain and pull a load of lobster pots, and also refuel the boat. And I will get paid about half of what an 'adult' would get. But I can't moan, because then he would get someone else to do it and I wouldn't get paid anything at all. Bugger. :irk:

Stop watching 'Deadliest Catch', snowflake.

Leave that out of the match thread please.

Postby LDS

badtemperedcyril wrote:Ffs Bazza, just win one major in your career

Weirdly enough, this is one event Barry has already won once. Admittedly it was at the stage when it was a best of 7 to win the final, but he's still a holder of this trophy.

It's more a case of it being nice if Barry could actually beat one of the all-timers in any final. His final wins have been against late era Ebdon, Gerard Greene, Ryan Day and Kyren Wilson.

4 final losses versus O'Sullivan (I thought this would be the 5th at one point), and one loss each to Higgins, Selby and Robertson (maybe soon two). Mark King is the only anomaly, but that was a final frame decider which went to King.

I'm very tempted to whack a decent bet on Robertson to see if that helps with the murphy's law, but at a measly 1/3 it's barely worth it, even a tenner would barely bring back much compensation for Hawkin's loss & a tenner is still too much for me to want to bet on any snooker match, the thought of losing a whole tenner is enough to make me start rooting for Robbo!

Ah well, a pound it is on Robbo. 33p return is still better than nothing I suppose.

Postby Prop

Yanfan wrote:I predict a 10-3 Robbo win. <ok>

I have a £1 bet on at 11/1 for this frame score. (Bet365) :-)

I thought you had to be 18 to gamble?

Postby Juddernaut88

Victory for Neil Robertson will mean he will have won all 4 of the main ITV tournaments at least once, Ronnie O'Sullivan is the only other player that has achieved this.
Last edited by Juddernaut88 on 13 Feb 2022, edited 1 time in total.