Post a reply

BetVictor Welsh Open Last 64 and Heldover Last 128 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 28th of February ~ Sunday 6th of March at The Celtic Manor Resort, Newport

For the second time this year Celtic Manor in Newport will host the Welsh Open.

Last year behind close Doors Jordan Brown unbelievably beat the Great Ronnie O'Sullivan in the final he was ranked 81 at the time.

Now hes back in defence and players life Shaun Murphy, Judd Trump, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Yan Bingtao, Mark Allen, Kyren Wilson, John Higgins, Mark Williams, Masters Champion Neil Robertson, UK Champion Zhao Xintong and Woeld Champion will be trying to Get his title off him.

Who will reach the Last 32?

DRAW

Last 128
Jordan Brown v Mitchell Mann
Anthony McGill v Zhang Anda
Zhao Xintong v Oliver Lines
Shaun Murphy v Andy Hicks
Neil Robertson v Jimmy White
Barry Hawkins v Alexander Ursenbacher
Stephen Maguire v Fergal O'Brien
Judd Trump v Dean Young
Ronnie O'Sullivan v James Cahill
Yan Bingtao v Ashley Hugill
Liam Davies v Iulian Boiko
Mark Allen v Ken Doherty
Kyren Wilson v Dominic Dale
John Higgins v Pang Junxu
Mark Williams v Michael Judge
Elliot Slessor v Dylan Emery
Stuart Bingham v Sean Maddocks
Mark Selby v Chen Zifan

Selected Last 64
Lu Ning v Matthew Stevens
Robbie Williams v Hossein Vafaei
Graeme Dott v Jamie Clarke
Ben Woollaston v Liang Wenbo
Jimmy Robertson v Jamie Jones
Ding Junhui v Michael Holt
Ricky Walden v Noppon Saengkham
Ali Carter v Ng On Yee
Scott Donaldson v Andrew Pagett
Chris Wakelin v Jack Lisowski

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 64 and Heldover Last 128 !!

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
McManusFan wrote:Come in Ng!

:bird:

Bloody phone.

I hadn't notcied the typo, and had meant to give the goodpost smiley.

I now feel like a gentleman for coming to Ng's defence now.

Haha, comedy of errors this morning.

Postby Yanfan

This morning I will be watching Smurph v Andy Hicks whilst writing a short essay on 'social responsibility'.

This could be interesting because I'm pretty sure that my idea of 'social responsibility' will not be the same as my online tutor's idea of 'social responsibility'. <laugh>

Postby Prop

Yanfan wrote:This morning I will be watching Smurph v Andy Hicks whilst writing a short essay on 'social responsibility'.

This could be interesting because I'm pretty sure that my idea of 'social responsibility' will not be the same as my online tutor's idea of 'social responsibility'. <laugh>

Just humour him/her. Play the player, not the table ;-)

Postby cupotee

mick745 wrote:Liam Davies v Iulian Boiko - could be a world final in 15 years. Hope the young ukrainian isnt affected too much by what is going on in his home country.

Can’t see that , he and sean maddocks rather reflect the somewhat backdoor entry to the pro tour via the wsf path , i know gao yang and luo honghao qualified from the wsf open but european amateur snooker still seems very weak, i suspect boiko is much more kacper filipiak than luca brecel.

Postby Yanfan

Prop wrote:
Yanfan wrote:This morning I will be watching Smurph v Andy Hicks whilst writing a short essay on 'social responsibility'.

Just humour him/her. Play the player, not the table ;-)

You know what, I've had a think about it, and I agree with you. I was going to be 'controversial', but it's just not worth it. All that would do is probably get me lower marks. So I'm just going to tell them what they want to hear. :-)

Thanks for the good advice. <ok>

Postby Yanfan

Juddernaut88 wrote:I'm also going to be watching Murphy vs Hicks.
I used to like Murphy but I've gone off him ever since he made those comments about amateurs.
Come on Hicks!

+1 <ok>

Postby Yanfan

Finished my short essay. As there is no commentary on the Smurph v Andy Hicks match, I have put one of my dad's Harry Enfield DVDs on the telly. :-)
Last edited by Yanfan on 28 Feb 2022, edited 1 time in total.