Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 32

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:Is Ding scared of Ron?

He's had a mental block against Ronnie since that Masters final. It's hardly news.

He'll win the odd game here and there, but not very often.

Postby Prop

chengdufan wrote:It's saddening to see Ding play to that standard, and Ronnie wasn't a whole lot better

He started really well though. Just ended up making mistakes through pressure and it snowballed. That was all psychological.

Postby Juddernaut88

Here is the schedule for this evening:

Round 4 (Best of 7)
19:00
Judd Trump vs Jimmy Robertson
Ali Carter vs Scott Donaldson
Ryan Day vs Hossein Vafei
Matthew Stevens vs Zhang Anda
20:00
Neil Robertson vs Barry Hawkins / Ben Woollaston
Ronnie O' Sullivan vs Yan Bingtao / Ricky Walden
Joe Perry vs Kyren Wilson / Matthew Selt
Jack Lisowski / Elliot Slessor vs Michael White / Liam Highfield

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is that blonde woman still presenting on BBC Wales?

Emily Maitlis?

No, no. It wasn't her.

It was whoever was presenting the snooker on BBC Wales on Monday night.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Emily Maitlis?

No, no. It wasn't her.

Rita Hayworth?

Postby Prop

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Emily Maitlis?

No, no. It wasn't her.

Rita Hayworth?

Phwoar.

Postby HappyCamper

walden has leap-frogged yan into eight in the race to llandudno (the one in wales, not scotland).
Last edited by HappyCamper on 03 Mar 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:Ricky Walden beats Yan Bingtao 4-2 and will playy Ronnie this evening.

I remember a certain Ron v Walden Welsh Open matache…

Postby Juddernaut88

Prop wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Ricky Walden beats Yan Bingtao 4-2 and will playy Ronnie this evening.

I remember a certain Ronnie vs Walden Shaghai Masters final.

Postby Rockettim147

SnookerFan wrote:
Rockettim147 wrote:Seriously everyone, do honestly think Ronnie is gonna go deep in this tournament?? He should of withdrawn. He even looks like he doesn’t want to be there. LOL

He's just made the last 16.

I’m a big Ronnie fan. U could say crazy fan. But you have to be realistic sometimes, if he plays like that against Robbo or Trump or a half decent opponent he will get beat. It’s his attitude which is annoying me

Postby Prop

HappyCamper wrote:walden has leap-frogged yan into eight in the race to llandudno (the one in wales, not scotland).

7 nationalities in the one year top 8!

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Prop wrote:

So salty Judders. It’s not a competition <laugh>

Postby HappyCamper

Prop wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:walden has leap-frogged yan into eight in the race to llandudno (the one in wales, not scotland).

outside chance of vafaei making it eight!

Postby Juddernaut88

Rockettim147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Rockettim147 wrote:Seriously everyone, do honestly think Ronnie is gonna go deep in this tournament?? He should of withdrawn. He even looks like he doesn’t want to be there. LOL

I’m a big Ronnie fan. U could say crazy fan. But you have to be realistic sometimes, if he plays like that against Robbo or Trump or a half decent opponent he will get beat. It’s his attitude which is annoying me

Ronnie has beaten both Judd and Robbo this season though. Okay he has lost against Robbo a few times this season as well. He's also world number 2 in the rankings and number 3 on the 1 year list so not bad at all especially for a 46 year old! He's having a far better season compared to both Judd and Selby!

Postby LDS

Yanfan wrote:
LDS wrote:You'll all be glad to know I had a disastrous day of betting yesterday, a real flump back down to earth after winning so many £1 bets of Fan in the last tournament.

With my exciting £10 to excitedly play around with I went for £1 bets to win on:

Higgins 4/9
Walden 4/7
Maflin 4/5
Ning 4/5
Hang 11/5
Si 6/1

Maflin played so badly I couldn't bare to watch after Donaldson went 2-1 up. Ning kept constantly jawing his safeties into the middle pocket bump, so turned that off at 2-2, was out for everything else. Woke up this morning to see that only Walden won out of all 6. Pretty poor show for 4 favourites, 1 not too crazy long shot and 1 stab at a surprisingly likely long-shot. Easy come, easy go and all that <laugh>

Now, let's see, who shall I waste the rest of my winnings on...

I'm back here for a while. Got suspended from the Sherdog MMA forums for an hour to 'cool down' because I called someone a liberal f*cking looney. LOL.

This afternoon, I think the following might be worth a 'shilling to win', as my grandad would say. :-)

Hoss, Smurph, Ronnie, Yan, Hawk, Kyren and Jack. Can't pick between White and highfield.

I've put a £1 accumulator on to return £17.79. :chuckle:

I'm guessing your accumulator didn't come through :-(

I was hoping it wouldn't as I decided on Day, Walden and Vafaei in the end, two of whom gave me very relaxing 4-0s and Walden kept his form despite early scares.

Day was superb to watch earlier, it was just like old times, he was potting them from all angles and crashing in tough pots left and right. I'm not sure how much of that will carry into the next round though as Murphy was really bad and Day had a few gifted chances as well as the stunning breaks.

Just a shame for Day that everyone was watching Ding/O'Sullivan, so many great shots went un-clapped. But maybe that helps, who knows.

Postby Juddernaut88

Prop wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
Prop wrote:

It's revenge for when you wind me up about Judd <laugh>
You know I love you really <ok>

Postby Prop

HappyCamper wrote:
Prop wrote:

outside chance of vafaei making it eight!

Now that would be something.

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Prop wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
Prop wrote:

It's revenge for when you wind me up about Judd <laugh>
You know I love you really <ok>

Ok, I’ll let you off!

Postby Yanfan

Rockettim147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I think Ronnie wakes up with a different attitude evey day. <laugh>