Post a reply

Re: Betvictor Welsh Open last 16 thread

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:If he’d missed that pink McManus would have ripped him to pieces.

He’d have had every right to tbf

Well yeah, it was preposterous! Deserved the win.

Postby Andre147

Was pink the right shot to play though?

I know it won him the match, but the percentages of going in were low. Maybe playing it safe would be better option. But what do I know.. that's why I'm a referee, not player lol

Postby Prop

Andre147 wrote:Was pink the right shot to play though?

I know it won him the match, but the percentages of going in were low. Maybe playing it safe would be better option. But what do I know.. that's why I'm a referee, not player lol

Objectively, probably not. But only Ricky knew whether he fancied it. The dilemma was either A) Ronnie’s coming back to the table, or B) roll the dice for the match.

Postby Andre147

Yes Prop, at top level snooker these are very fine margins. In the end he went for the match and indeed won it.

Maybe another day he misses that pink and Ronnie clears up. That's the beauty of Snooker.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:Was pink the right shot to play though?

One of those where it was right because he potted it. Would’ve been the wrong shot if he’d missed it.

It was pretty bucking nuts though! Reminded me of Ronnie’s pink against Higgins in the CoC (without the hampered cueing).

An absolute beauty.

Postby hendry_fan

I,ve just seen the results of last nights matches.

The Walnut beats The Ronster!. :shock: :shock: :shock:

The last time he beat him was way back in 2008,at the Shanghai Masters!,in which he beat Ron 10-8 in the Final!.

I,ve just read the last few comments on here.So he chose to go for a tough pink ball,instead of playin safe,in which he got.Ah,well,sometimes one decides to take the risk,and of course sometimes they pay off,sometimes they don,t.

Many congrats to Ricky!. :clap: <ok>

I,ve also just seen the result between The Warrior and the Gentleman,and my first thought was,WTF,s up with Kyren,he,s gone off the radar a bit of late,has,nt done much skirt lifting,has,nt been goin deep in tourneys,but Perry was obviously in brilliant form in this match,as he compiled breaks of 71,73,126 and 138,so one could say,Kyren maybe did,nt,or in fact did,nt do much wrong,Joe was just too damn good!.

Sometimes one just has to take off there hats :hatoff: and acknowledge that the other player was just too good.

Like eg,when Ford Whitewashed Higgins at the European Masters,in that match,Higgins even said himself that he did,nt do much wrong,that Tom potted n potted.

Oh,and last but not least for the mom,i,ve just noticed that there are no more Scots n Welsh in the tourney!. :dizzy: :-( :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie lost?

Jeez. To Walden?

Yes 4-3. Walden has been playing well this season.

Oh no direspect to Walden, I'm glad he won. And he has been playing well.

I just thought a Ronnie that had recently been to a ranking event final would edge him in a best of seven.

Glad that he didn't. :D