Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby Dragonfly

LDS wrote:I praise your dedication with the Welsh Open, I've found very little to be interested in since the quarter finalists were established.

The snooker has been good in places, the parts I've seen, but, wow, I really couldn't have hand-picked a bunch of people I could care less about watching while at the same time assuming it's going to be yet another Judd v Jack final.

It feels like Walden has been at the business end of so many tournaments without making it count he's more frustrating than watching Hawkins play Robertson. Joe Perry? I mean, well he was never a big watch for me even at his peak, that's like, meh. Zhang? Of all the chinese players who could be wowing us, it's him? Sheesh. He makes me feel like I should be drinking cocoa in front of a warm fire while dozing off to Barry Manilow records. And it was, like, only a few hours ago and I can't even remember who Lisowki beat, for real. Vaffaei was so bad against Day that I kinda begrudge him being there, though that's not his fault Day somehow managed to play worse.

I guess I might get into it again properly if Lisowski or Zhang are a few frames up against Judd in the final?

+1. 100% agreed

Postby vodkadiet1

Iranu wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Robertson was rubbish today, And blaming it on Shane Warne reaching his expiry date was pathetic.

More or less pathetic than literal racism? :chin:

Even speciesism....

Postby Yanfan

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Robertson was rubbish today, And blaming it on Shane Warne reaching his expiry date was pathetic.

Even speciesism....

I've never heard of that before. Is it like being a vegetarian (or anti-vegetarian) or something?

Postby vodkadiet1

Yanfan wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Even speciesism....

I've never heard of that before. Is it like being a vegetarian (or anti-vegetarian) or something?

Speciesism is putting the desires of one species above those of another. So in a nutshell most of the human species are guilty of speciesism.

Postby vodkadiet1

Iranu wrote:

Your interpretation of what racism is leaves a lot to be desired.

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Your interpretation of not being a literal racist leaves a lot to be desired.

Postby vodkadiet1

Iranu wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Obtuse in the extreme.....

Postby Holden Chinaski

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Obtuse in the extreme.....

snake hiss off, racist. Why don't you join a nazi forum or something?

Postby vodkadiet1

Imagine in a few years time there are 32 Chinese players in The Crucible main draw....

Would it be racist to suggest that would be an instant turn off for many with the exception of The Chinese?

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet1 wrote:Imagine in a few years time there are 32 Chinese players in The Crucible main draw....

Would it be racist to suggest that would be an instant turn off for many with the exception of The Chinese?

Well, it wouldn't bother me.

Would it bother you?

Postby vodkadiet1

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Imagine in a few years time there are 32 Chinese players in The Crucible main draw....

Would it bother you?

It wouldn't bother me. The best players deserve to be there. But I would be watching a lot less.

Postby Iranu

Yep

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet1 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Would it bother you?

It wouldn't bother me. The best players deserve to be there. But I would be watching a lot less.

So, you don't like watching when Chinese people are playing?

Postby vodkadiet1

Iranu wrote:

Yep

So it also racist when the Chinese population primarily watch the Chinese players? That is the human race for you I am afraid. People identify more with people who walk and squawk like them. That is the reason Brexit happened. And before you ask I was vehemently anti Brexit.

Postby vodkadiet1

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Would it bother you?

So, you don't like watching when Chinese people are playing?

I like to watch some Chinese players. But I wouldn't want to watch a full draw of Chinese players. There are a lot of caucasian players I don't like watching also.

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet1 wrote:So it also racist when the Chinese population primarily watch the Chinese players? That is the human race for you I am afraid. People identify more with people who walk and squawk like them. That is the reason Brexit happened. And before you ask I was vehemently anti Brexit.

You’ve just confirmed your racism. Whataboutism doesn’t change that.

Postby LDS

Can we confirm whether we're conflating nationalism with race here.

Not taking so much interest in a full Chinese draw as a Scotsman would be no different to not taking so much interest in a completely English draw as a Scotsman.

And there's no racism in that, only nationalism.

You can't have it both ways - you can't say that "XYZ player from XYZ nation winning will be 'good for the game' as it will promote that sport better in XYZ country" and then conversely claim that "anyone from any country should be taking equal interest in players from all countries otherwise they are racist."

The two propositions contradict each other.

Postby vodkadiet1

Iranu wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:So it also racist when the Chinese population primarily watch the Chinese players? That is the human race for you I am afraid. People identify more with people who walk and squawk like them. That is the reason Brexit happened. And before you ask I was vehemently anti Brexit.

All this virtue signalling is very cringeworthy.

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

You of all people complaining about virtue signalling is cringeworthy.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Jeez.

This is either deliberate trolling, or you have the least amount of self awareness of any human being who ever lived.

Postby vodkadiet1

LDS wrote:Can we confirm whether we're conflating nationalism with race here.

Not taking so much interest in a full Chinese draw as a Scotsman would be no different to not taking so much interest in a completely English draw as a Scotsman.

And there's no racism in that, only nationalism.

You can't have it both ways - you can't say that "XYZ player from XYZ nation winning will be 'good for the game' as it will promote that sport better in XYZ country" and then conversely claim that "anyone from any country should be taking equal interest in players from all countries otherwise they are racist."

The two propositions contradict each other.

English and Scots culture is the same. Chinese culture is entirely different.

I have no hatred of any race. I just don't identify with the Chinese as much as I identify with Europeans.

I know many Vegans who really are racist against the Chinese because of their total disregard of animal rights. But I don't blame any individual for that. That is just a cultural thing. If that is what someone has grown up with then they aren't to blame. People in The West who know exactly what happens in the dairy industry and continue to buy dairy products are not morally any better. And that is an action that makes someone a speciesist not just an abstract concept of moral superiority because someone doesn't want to watch every snooker match because of a personal choice. No Chinese snooker player is affected by me not watching them play. I must also be a sexist because I don't like women's tennis.

Postby vodkadiet1

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Jeez.

This is either deliberate trolling, or you have the least amount of self awareness of any human being who ever lived.

Wrong. I promote Vegan issues because I care about the voiceless innocent victims of human depravity. There's the difference. Just hold a mirror up.

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet1 wrote:I must also be a sexist because I don't like women's tennis.

Please explain how this is a fair comparison, thanks.

Postby vodkadiet1

SnookerFan wrote:What do you so to promote it?

There have been times where people have shown interest, even asked for recoipes and you don't engage.

I have engaged but most people are set in their ways. We are a selfish species on the whole. I cannot change that and there plenty of professional Vegan cooks online. And Veganism isn't a diet.

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet1 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What do you so to promote it?

There have been times where people have shown interest, even asked for recoipes and you don't engage.

I have engaged but most people are set in their ways. We are a selfish species on the whole. I cannot change that and there plenty of professional Vegan cooks online. And Veganism isn't a diet.

You don’t engage. You insult.

Postby Holden Chinaski

snake hiss off you racist. You should be banned forever.