Post a reply

BetVictor Welsh Open Semi-Finals !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 28th of February ~ Sunday 6th of March at The Celtic Manor Resort, Newport

One table setup, and first up recent Shoot-Out champion Hossein Vafaei into his 5th ranking event semi-final, and second at his particular event he reached in 2019. He faces current CoC champion Judd Trump, who's yet to win a ranking event this season.

And then we have Joe Perry, in his first semi-final for 3 years, who's up against Jack Lisowski, himself having a bad season thus far, but hoping to make things right starting here.

Who shall make the Final and move one step closer to the Ray Reardon trophy?

DRAW

Semi-Finals

Hossein Vafaei v Judd Trump Trump leads 4-3

Joe Perry v Jack Lisowski Tied at 4-4

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Semi-Finals !!!!!!

Postby Prop

Nightmare final would be another Trump victory over Jackie Boy.

Would love to see either Hoss or Jack win it. Wouldn’t begrudge Perry either tbh.

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:Nightmare final would be another Trump victory over Jackie Boy.

Would love to see either Hoss or Jack win it. Wouldn’t begrudge Perry either tbh.

Judd vs Pound Shop Judd.

Postby LDS

Yes, the most interesting story here is whether Vafaei will get his 2nd ranking event in one season. Closely followed by whether Jack will break his duck. Judd v Perry might be good in terms of quality snooker I guess, but I can't imagine it generating much universal interest.

Postby Reg Varney

chengdufan wrote:Hoping for Jack v Hoss

Yup, or I wouldn't mind Gentleman Joe reaching the final either.

Basically anyone winning bar Trump will be good by me.

EDIT: Actually rooting for Jack now as he'll take me over 200 points on Think Pink.
Last edited by Reg Varney on 05 Mar 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Yanfan

chengdufan wrote:How long before they get going today?
1pm UK time. Hoss v Judd. Two hours and eight minutes from now. :-)

Postby Yanfan

SnookerFan wrote:Not live on BBC to 1.15pm, so there'll probably be some fannying around first. It won't be dead on 1pm.

That's handy. I will probably be back by then. I have to go and help to feed a load of pigs first. And I'm not joking. <laugh>

Postby Johnny Bravo

Hossein is a great player and has plenty of potential. His biggest weapon IMO is his mindset, he's not afraid of anyone. He doesn't "over-respect" his opponent the way Ronnie does with Higgins, or Ding with Ronnie etc, that's why he Hossein has such a good record against top players.
Hossein has a great chance of winning this if he gets past Judd.
But Judd is still favorite. And that's cause when he is at his best, he's still better than anyone that's ever played this game, bar Ronnie.
Perry or Jack will both crumble in the final, especially if they face Judd.

Postby chengdufan

Yanfan wrote:
chengdufan wrote:How long before they get going today?
1pm UK time. Hoss v Judd. Two hours and eight minutes from now. :-)

Thanks <ok> Gave me a chance to pop to the supermarket.
I've bought a bag of Burts BRITISH hand cooked potato chips Mature Cheddar & Spring Onion

I hope whoever cooked them wore some kind of industrial gloves.