Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Semi-Finals !!!!!!

Postby Ck147

Unlucky Dreamboat, well done Joe. At least we avoid another Judd thrashing Jack final.

Postby Minimum Break

chengdufan wrote:Turns out they're crisps rather than chips. Confusing packaging, but very tasty nonetheless

Can I ask what you expected them to be ?

Not sure if you know, but in Australia what British people call crisps, we call chips.

Postby chengdufan

Minimum Break wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Turns out they're crisps rather than chips. Confusing packaging, but very tasty nonetheless

Not sure if you know, but in Australia what British people call crisps, we call chips.

I was of course being a bit facetious. I knew what to expect from the shape of the packaging. It was a bit odd though for a packet of crisps that was making such a point of being British and made in Devon, that they'd use the American/Australian term 'chips'. I also thought the 'hand cooked' description made it sound a bit pretentious. What does that even mean? It felt like they were making up words to add a few pennies to the price.

Postby Minimum Break

chengdufan wrote:
Minimum Break wrote:

I was of course being a bit facetious. I knew what to expect from the shape of the packaging. It was a bit odd though for a packet of crisps that was making such a point of being British and made in Devon, that they'd use the American/Australian term 'chips'. I also thought the 'hand cooked' description made it sound a bit pretentious. What does that even mean? It felt like they were making up words to add a few pennies to the price.

<ok>

I guess they are aimed at international markets. I have seen them in a shop out here so must give them a try some day.

By the way, a few years back I worked for Tyrrell's when they started manufacturing in Australia and we had to call them crisps. Took a bit of getting used to for me.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:I always thought that hand cooked crisps made it sound like they were cooking each crisp individually.

is that how you cook at home, like, cook a bowl of veg one pea at time!?? place one muffin in the oven and when it's done move onto the next!

it just means that a person places the sliced spuds into a vat of oil or whatever instead of a machine doing it.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I always thought that hand cooked crisps made it sound like they were cooking each crisp individually.

is that how you cook at home, like, cook a bowl of veg one pea at time!?? place one muffin in the oven and when it's done move onto the next!

it just means that a person places the sliced spuds into a vat of oil or whatever instead of a machine doing it.

Yeah, that makes more sense.