Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Final !!!!!

Postby mantorok

Nice speech from Joe, happy for him he deserved it.

Nice to see the sibot offering its congratulations too, classy. Shame about the spelling.
Last edited by mantorok on 06 Mar 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

Iranu wrote:If Judd doesn’t win this match I’ll run around Newport with a daffodil up Wildey’s naked bottom.

Get your kit off, Wild. We’re going out.

Postby Iranu

You know, I don’t give a rubbish about Perry but I feel a bit emotional about this victory.

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:You know, I don’t give a rubbish about Perry but I feel a bit emotional about this victory.

Know what you mean, I had a tear in my eye, really happy for him.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ck147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:You know, I don’t give a rubbish about Perry but I feel a bit emotional about this victory.

Know what you mean, I had a tear in my eye, really happy for him.

Me too. This is brilliant to see.

Postby 1892

Agreed. Delighted for him.

Postby Ck147

TheRocket wrote:very weird season. Maybe we could have a surprise winner at the Worlds.

Yeah, Robbo…lol

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:very weird season. Maybe we could have a surprise winner at the Worlds.

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:Anybody watching tomorrow morning?

Nah, got work, what about you? Hang on, shouldn’t you be asleep?

Postby csprince

Iranu wrote:

weird not impossible.

Postby Iranu

I’m still a bit surprised by how well Perry closed out that match.

A great break followed by a great pot to tie things up. And a bit of naughty snooker to close out the frame!

Postby HustleKing

Couldn't be happier to be proven wrong, well done Joe.

Now please forget about your commentary career for a while and have a real go at all events for a few seasons please

Postby Andre147

Great victory for Perry, emotional one too.

That 8th frame was massive in the end, even Perry mentioned it in his post-match interview.

I watched Allen v Perry live, was about the only 10 people left to watch it, and Allen missed a routine green with the rest that would have given him victory. From there, Perry never looked back and played superb almost the rest of the tournament.

Postby Iranu

HustleKing wrote:Couldn't be happier to be proven wrong, well done Joe.

Now please forget about your commentary career for a while and have a real go at all events for a few seasons please

He said that doing commentary (among other things) has helped him so I doubt he’ll stop.

Postby SteveJJ

Juddernaut88 wrote:It's all over Perry wins 9-5. Well played Joe. He was by far the better player but Judd was extremely poor. The 8th frame was a massive moment.
Judd has struggled all week but I expected him to raise his game today. It's a huge disappointment as this was a great chance to win a ranking title for Judd. It seems any half decent player in the top 50 can beat him as we've seen all season.

Thank you for your magnanimous response despite your disappointment. This is a far nicer thread to read than last weeks final one which was spoiled by the toxicity of three posters in particular.

I'm sure it won't be long until Judd finds his form again.