Post a reply

Cazoo Tour Championship Robertson v Allen!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 29th March at Venue Cymru. Llandudno, North Wales

On Day 2 two players who know each other pretty well having played each other on 27 Ocations with Neil edging it.

Robertson, one of two players to win two Ranking Titles this season English Open and Players Championship and Having been in the World Grand Prix Final Cazoo series seems to sit well with him.

Allen is the Northern Ireland Open Champion having Beaten John Higgins for the title back in October, since then he's not had the best of time only 1 further Semi Final to his name.

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Robertson 15-12 Allen
Main Tournaments Robertson 9-7 Allen
Multi Session Matches Robertson 3-2 Allen

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Cazoo Tour Championship Robertson v Allen!!

Postby Juddernaut88

Robbo is strong favourite. Mark Allen is a funny player. On his day when he's in full flow he can beat anyone. I don't see that being tomorrow but you never know.

Postby Ck147

Yeah, Allen can pull it out of the hat on occasion so never write him off. Got a busy day tomorrow :( so will only get to watch the evening session.

Postby SnookerFan

I've seen this match live several times.

I was there when they played in the CoC final a few years back. And saw them play at The Masters. I think a couple of times.

Didn't they play like three years in a row at The Masters?

Postby Juddernaut88

I remember attending the 2015 Champion of champions final between these two player. Robbo won 10-5.
They also met in the 2020 Champion of champions final. I believe Mark Allen won 10-6.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:I remember attending the 2015 Champion of champions final between these two player. Robbo won 10-5.
They also met in the 2020 Champion of champions final. I believe Mark Allen won 10-6.

Yeah, I was referring to the 2015 version.

Postby Prop

Didn’t Allen change cues immediately after playing god-mode snooker not too long ago? Seem to remember it being Championship League or World Series, something like that.

But yeah, as Judders says, he’s the epitome of an ‘on his day’ player. Not the greatest B game but scores like an animal on the odd occasion he finds his best game.

Expect Robbo to win, but you never know with the longer format.

Postby HappyCamper

Prop wrote:Didn’t Allen change cues immediately after playing god-mode snooker not too long ago? Seem to remember it being Championship League or World Series, something like that

It was after his champ of champs a couple years back. He was going to change his cue anyway, so went ahead. Iirc it was some custom made deal from a guy in Italy.

Postby Prop

HappyCamper wrote:
Prop wrote:Didn’t Allen change cues immediately after playing god-mode snooker not too long ago? Seem to remember it being Championship League or World Series, something like that

It was after his champ of champs a couple years back. He was going to change his cue anyway, so went ahead. Iirc it was some custom made deal from a guy in Italy.

Hmm. I wonder what I’m remembering then. It definitely wasn’t a tournament as big as the CoC; that’s not to say he didn’t also play well there.

I distinctly remember talking to Andre in the match thread at the time.

But anyway, I suppose only he knows what works for him.

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:Didn’t Allen change cues immediately after playing god-mode snooker not too long ago? Seem to remember it being Championship League or World Series, something like that.

But yeah, as Judders says, he’s the epitome of an ‘on his day’ player. Not the greatest B game but scores like an animal on the odd occasion he finds his best game.

It was after he won the Champion of Champions I think, I seem to remember Foulds being especially baffled by it. Unless he’s done it more than once.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:Didn’t Allen change cues immediately after playing god-mode snooker not too long ago? Seem to remember it being Championship League or World Series, something like that.

It was after he won the Champion of Champions I think, I seem to remember Foulds being especially baffled by it. Unless he’s done it more than once.

I remember him knocking in consecutive tons in this particular match, maybe a couple of 140s. The cue he was using was a new cue that had a really unique resonance; it’d make a distinctive pinging sound. He then went on to change that cue for yet another new one straight after.

Some players seem to chop and change all the time. It can’t be a good sign. Surely once you find something that works you just stick with it. It can only suggest he’s simply never happy with the cues he’s used recently. It’s not something you do for the hell of it.

Postby Prop

Did anyone else catch Yates’ question? 2nd most successful overseas player behind Robbo. Unless its a trick question, it’s Ding isn’t it?
Last edited by Prop on 29 Mar 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:https://metro.co.uk/2022/03/29/stephen-hendry-gives-update-on-snooker-comeback-as-he-skips-world-championship-16364772/

The man’s had two years to put the effort in. I wonder what he thinks is going to change.

I’m more and more convinced he got an offer he couldn’t refuse.

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:Did anyone else catch Yates’ question? 2nd most successful overseas player behind Robbo. Unless its a trick question, it’s Ding isn’t it?

If that's the question, it seems disproportionately easy, you're right.

But I misunderstood his question completely yesterday. so what do I know?