Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Tour Championship O'Sullivan v Williams!!

Postby LethalWeapon193

Phenomenal match from two phenomenal players.

Ronnie O'Sullivan showing why he is the greatest of all time. Excellent scoring and that long red and blue when the pressure was at it's highest point is just remarkable really.

These two showing pure class, at their age is just staggering. The difference in quality between these 2 great players and the rest of the average lot on the tour which you have to sit through a lot of the time is night and day.

It felt like the entire match just had quality throughout and is easily the best match of the season so far, when you factor in 5 centuries, how good Mark played and Ronnie just having that edge. Even the scrappy frames (the few that there were) had quality all throughout, some of the safety play was top tier too.

Great evening.

Postby TheRocket

it is a match up thing as well. People seem to forget that. Against Williams you will get a more fluent game and he is quite quick as well with his AST. Higgins is much slower and you have to work harder to get chances and show more patience.

Naturally MJW is an easier opponent for Ron.

Postby Pink Ball

Higgins doesn't see himself as O'Sullivan's equal, but he relishes the chance to test himself against him.

O'Sullivan has a very different attitude to playing top players who aren't scared of him. The one fault I have with him is that he has always clearly preferred the easy life to getting properly stuck in with someone who fancies a go at him. He's won most of those games too owing to being the greatest player there's ever been, but it's clearly not his cup of tea.

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Might as well have just watched the snooker.

This bed is a paralysis risk and I cannot sleep in it.

Are you going to get a new bed again?

Thinking of one of those foam mattresses.

Postby SnookerFan

chengdufan wrote:Must have been 11:20/11:30. It hadn't finished when I woke up just before half six, but had by the time I got out of bed.

That's about when I went to sleep.

Might as well have stayed up to watch it. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

gmg wrote:Yet another sickener for Williams, he deserved to win one of those esp against O'Sullivan. Fancied him all evening even when I tuned it at 5-7 and saw that Ronnie hadn't run away with it. But Ronnie's a much tougher nut these days, gota fancy him for the World Championship after that.

I never back Williams against Ronnie, even if it goes close.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Must have been 11:20/11:30. It hadn't finished when I woke up just before half six, but had by the time I got out of bed.

That's about when I went to sleep.

Might as well have stayed up to watch it. rofl

Sounds like I missed like the best match of all time.