Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Tour Championship Trump v Brecel !!

Postby HappyCamper

FoulNMiss wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Prop wrote:That pesky curse.

Nearly the entire tour will be sponsored by Cazoo next season, will the curse tear through the entire calendar for Judd?

Even my football club will be sponsored by Cazoo next season. :party:

Better hope they don't sign Judd Trump then!

Postby Ck147

Luca dreams of facing Robbo in the final as he admires him so much….good man…but Ronnie might have something to say about that. Really looking forward to tomorrow night, already got my favourite dinner and cue wine lined up!

Postby mantorok

Ck147 wrote:Luca dreams of facing Robbo in the final as he admires him so much….good man…but Ronnie might have something to say about that. Really looking forward to tomorrow night, already got my favourite dinner and cue wine lined up!

I have slow cooked chilli salted ribs, cue beer and snacks, see you then!

Postby TheRocket

if its true what he says (barely practiced and stuff like that) this was a pretty good performance. And based on how average Higgins was in the 1st match Luca could definitely beat him as well.

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Prop wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Luca wins 10-6. Well played Luca. He was by far the better player today. I knew this would be a struggle for Judd. He was very poor today. He's going to have to raise his game by a long way if he's going to have any chance of winning the World championship.

What do you think has happened to Judd’s game? You probably watch more of his matches than me so you’re better qualified to say. Is there a single moment that started the downturn in form?

I actually think the Northern Ireland Open Quarter final in October 2021 against Mark Allen was the match I feel may have started his inconsistency. Judd was 3-0 up. He missed an easy frame ball to go 4-0 up. He ended up losing 5-3. If he won that match I believe he would have won the title and maybe a few more would have followed.

He played well in the Champion of Champions but then struggled after that. He won the Turkish Masters but it was a struggle for most of the tournament apart from the semi final and final so his game is still not there.

That’s a fair shout.

Interesting what Angles was saying about him playing on instinct. When it’s working, it’s brilliant. But it’s tricky because when it’s not working it’s not like he can go to the practice table and work on his instinct.

Would still have him right up there for the WC.

Postby FoulNMiss

HappyCamper wrote:
FoulNMiss wrote:

Nearly the entire tour will be sponsored by Cazoo next season, will the curse tear through the entire calendar for Judd?
[/quote]

Even my football club will be sponsored by Cazoo next season. :party:[/quote]

Better hope they don't sign Judd Trump then![/quote]

That's what I meant!

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:I hope Luca goes on to win the tournament now.

You don’t mean that, surely? I do hope he beats Higgins though.

Postby HappyCamper

Iranu wrote:ITV are really starting to push the idea of the Tour Championship being a major.

Just starting a fact. Second biggest event on the calendar.

Postby Iranu

HappyCamper wrote:
Iranu wrote:ITV are really starting to push the idea of the Tour Championship being a major.

Second best, maybe.

Postby HappyCamper

Iranu wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Second best, maybe.

That too.

Postby Ck147

HappyCamper wrote:
Ck147 wrote:I’m watching Cazoo Missus Undressing

Trump has no chance.

Nor do I :(

Postby Iranu

HappyCamper wrote:
Iranu wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Second best, maybe.

That too.

UK and Masters are both bigger.

The Tour Championship could disappear from the tour quite easily without much more than a feeling of disappointment among fans. Whereas that definitely won’t happen with the UK and Masters. They’re keystones.

I’d also personally put the Champion of Champions above the Tour Championship so far (despite the formats) but that’ll change if the TC sticks around a few years.

But that’s the thing. If.

Postby Juddernaut88

Ck147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I hope Luca goes on to win the tournament now.

You don’t mean that, surely? I do hope he beats Higgins though.

He's in my top 5 of favourite players.

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Iranu wrote:I’d also rather Luca win this than anybody else win it.

I thought you'd be supporting Ronnie?

I love Ronnie but he’s won enough. Outside the Worlds I’d rather someone like Luca win tournaments than any of the other three, even Ronnie.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
Iranu wrote:I’d also rather Luca win this than anybody else win it.

I thought you'd be supporting Ronnie?

I love Ronnie but he’s won enough. Outside the Worlds I’d rather someone like Luca win tournaments than any of the other three, even Ronnie.

:goodpost:

Postby 1892

Delighted for Luca, I thought when he failed to roll up to the Blue and then Judd made back to back centuries the comeback win was inevitable.

Would love to see Luca win the tournament. Think it’ll be Robbo again though.

Postby HappyCamper

Iranu wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Iranu wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Second best, maybe.

That too.

UK and Masters are both bigger.

The Tour Championship could disappear from the tour quite easily without much more than a feeling of disappointment among fans. Whereas that definitely won’t happen with the UK and Masters. They’re keystones.

I’d also personally put the Champion of Champions above the Tour Championship so far (despite the formats) but that’ll change if the TC sticks around a few years.

But that’s the thing. If.

if the tour championship were to disappear from the tour then it wouldn't no longer be the second biggest event, as it wouldn't exist. but until that happens that's irrelevant, and it won't anyway as why would they get rid of their best innovation for years.

and that did effectively happen with uk championship in 2011. it was just replaced by something with the same name, but categorically different.