Post a reply

Cazoo Tour Championship O'Sullivan v Robertson !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Friday 1st of April at Venue Cymru, Llandudno, North Wales

Semi Finals gets underway with a match between Ronnie O'Sullivan and Neil Robertson.

Neil has beaten Ronnie the last twice they played in a Best of 11 at the Masters and Players Championship.

But over Multi Sessions the only time hes beaten Ronnie was in this Event Final last year when it was played in Newport.

Who will make the Final this Year?

Click for Head to Heads

Overall O'Sullivan 19-12 Robertson
Main Tournaments O'Sullivan 14-10 Robertson
Multi Session Matches O'Sullivan 7-1 Robertson

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Cazoo Tour Championship O'Sullivan v Robertson !!

Postby Andre147

Prop wrote:Robertson is favourite for me. Out of the two players right now he’s more likely to take the form of the last match into the next one.

This.

And remember, last time they played Ronnie had just beaten Trump playing very well.

Then couldn't replicate that sort of form in his next match.

Postby Prop

Andre147 wrote:
Prop wrote:Robertson is favourite for me. Out of the two players right now he’s more likely to take the form of the last match into the next one.

This.

And remember, last time they played Ronnie had just beaten Trump playing very well.

Player’s Champs, wasn’t it?

In terms of levels, there’s not a great deal of daylight between Ronnie’s top game and Robbo’s top game lately.

The difference is consistency. It seems when Robbo finds form he can stick to that level long enough to win a tournament. Ronnie is a bit more sporadic in his late career. He can still win tournaments, but not quite with the rock solid consistency Robbo is finding this season.

Postby Andre147

Prop wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

This.

In terms of levels, there’s not a great deal of daylight between Ronnie’s top game and Robbo’s top game lately.

The difference is consistency. It seems when Robbo finds form he can stick to that level long enough to win a tournament. Ronnie is a bit more sporadic in his late career. He can still win tournaments, but not quite with the rock solid consistency Robbo is finding this season.

This is mainly due to age.

The older you get, the harder it becomes to replicate great standard match after match. But at the same time, it's not garanteed Robbo will play as well as he did against Allen.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
Prop wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

This.

The older you get, the harder it becomes to replicate great standard match after match. But at the same time, it's not garanteed Robbo will play as well as he did against Allen.

Robbo did go to sleep for a few frames during his last match.

But other than that I agree, this is genuinely one of those "on the day" matches.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:If Robbo wins the tournament he will go above Judd in the rankings :(

Meh.

The rankings aren't as big a deal to me now they change regularly. Yes, you get prestige of being World Number 1. But does it really matter if you're second or third in the rankings, now that could well change again in a few weeks.

Being the top-16 is what matters, and even then only for certain tournaments. If anything, the One-Year List has become more relevant the last few seasons.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:
Prop wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

This.

Neil is 40 himself. And we talked about Ronnies age slowing him down since he was 40. So,

Postby Prop

McManusFan wrote:
Prop wrote:This is good stuff. Hope they manage to maintain the standard all day!

I think if they manage to maintain it, we won't be here all day. No late night finish tonight.

There’s bound to be a couple of tactical frames. And Robbo won’t sit back for a beating. Could quite feasibly go late. Let’s see… :-)