Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Tour Championship Final Higgins v Robertson !!

Postby Holden Chinaski

masterdoctorgenius wrote:These hurt more. He was down and out vs Zhao by being 8-4 down. Nearly 0-4 down to Brecel.And the first time he gets a commanding lead he chokes.

Indeed. It doesn't get worse than this. This was embarrassing.

Postby TheRocket

someone like Higgins should be able to close out a 9:4 lead with the chances he had. Irespective of the bottle jobs that happened in previous finals.

He showed a big amount of weakness today and his opponents will for sure take notice.

Postby hendry_fan

[quote="Holden Chinaski"]I still can't believe this. Higgins had such an easy chance in the end to win this.

Yeah,it,s situations like that,thats costs him a few Tourney wins in the last few seasons.In a few tourneys he had a chance,chances to get over the line,in deciders too,but he blew em.

Postby FoulNMiss

Also you can correct me if I say bullocks, but I believe that EVERY SINGLE TIME Ronnie and Robbo played each other in the last 4 seasons, the winner always made his way to the title. Am I right?

Postby masterdoctorgenius

You have to admire higgo for getting out of the bed and reaching finals after having so many cruel loses. I thought the 3 WC finals would have finished him. But surely losing 3 rankers from a commanding lead will take something special to forget.

Maybe its payback time. After winning so many matches from behind in his winning days it is time that he loses some when he has big leads. MJW can write a book about that.
Last edited by masterdoctorgenius on 03 Apr 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Has this been the best season ever for finals? So many deciders.

Deciders, surprising winners, yeah one of the best ever season.

Hope the Worlds doesnt disappoint.

Postby TheRocket

Neil has won a lot of matches in recent time which he should have clearly lost. He really came back from the brink of defeat, at times when he was even already out barring Snookers (CoC 2019 and UK 2020 vs Trump, English Open 2021 vs Higgins, Masters 2022 vs Williams, TC 2022 vs Ron and Higgins)

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:Has this been the best season ever for finals? So many deciders.

Deciders, surprising winners, yeah one of the best ever season.

Hope the Worlds doesnt disappoint.

Selby to grind his way to number 5 <laugh>

Postby Pink Ball

Last year's tournament was rubbish, but the Tour Championship delivers more consistently than any other event with the exception of the World Championship. We can argue until the cows come home about what tournaments are more prestigious than this one, but I have no hesitation in saying it's the second best competition we have.

Postby FoulNMiss

Andre147 wrote:Funny...

Ronnie lsoes 5 finals last season, Higgins does the same this one.

What next... MJW to lose 5 finals next season?

I am somehow convinced that he can surprise us by winning once again in Sheffield this year, or at least finishing in the last square.
Last edited by FoulNMiss on 03 Apr 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:Last year's tournament was rubbish, but the Tour Championship delivers more consistently than any other event with the exception of the World Championship. We can argue until the cows come home about what tournaments are more prestigious than this one, but I have no hesitation in saying it's the second best competition we have.

:goodpost:

Postby Andre147

FoulNMiss wrote:

I am somehow convinced that he can surprise us by winning once again in Sheffield, or at least finishing in the last square.

Who? Higgins?

Maybe.

Selby could end up winning it after doing nothing all season. Worlds is a strange tournament for sure.

Postby Raphael98

Well done to Robertson! Tough luck for Higgins, who probably had a hand and a half on the trophy, but absolutely well done to Robertson for one of his best comebacks of his career!!!

By the way, nice to see CK at the venue itself and happy birthday to Andre! :D :D

Postby FoulNMiss

Andre147 wrote:
FoulNMiss wrote:

I am somehow convinced that he can surprise us by winning once again in Sheffield, or at least finishing in the last square.

Who? Higgins?

Maybe.

Selby could end up winning it after doing nothing all season. Worlds is a strange tournament for sure.

MJW. His last Crucible campaigns were more than decent, even when he had pretty bad seasons.

Postby LethalWeapon193

LethalWeapon193 wrote:Wow. To lose from 9-4 up in a first to 10.. is that something he will ever recover from I wonder?

As I say, I wouldn’t be surprised if Higgins never recovers from this, at this stage of his career. It’s the fact it’s another final, only this time being 9-4 up, it’s astonishing really. It wasn’t like Neil didn’t give him chances either.

What a come back. You have to say fair play to Neil.

An incredible tournament from start to finish. Every match had something.

Bring on the Worlds!