Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Tour Championship Final Higgins v Robertson !!

Postby Wildey

FoulNMiss wrote:I am also skeptical on Robbo winning the WC, but all this talk reminds me the one we had about Judd before the 2019 WC, so we'll see.

Hes got a mental barrier to get over there hes Convinced himself that everything is wrong the Crucible/length of matches etc etc

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
FoulNMiss wrote:I am also skeptical on Robbo winning the WC, but all this talk reminds me the one we had about Judd before the 2019 WC, so we'll see.

Hes got a mental barrier to get over there hes Convinced himself that everything is wrong the Crucible/length of matches etc etc

I feel like he has talked himself out of winning it again.

Postby Andre147

MJW v Ronnie, Robbo v Ronnie and Higgins v Robbo were just 3 matches out of this world. Each great for different reasons. Which one was the best? The Final? For it's context?

3 amazing Snooker matches.

Postby FoulNMiss

Andre147 wrote:MJW v Ronnie, Robbo v Ronnie and Higgins v Robbo were just 3 matches out of this world. Each great for different reasons. Which one was the best? The Final? For it's context?

3 amazing Snooker matches.

In terms of level I'd say MJW v Ronnie, in terms of drama I'd say the final.

Postby TheRocket

It will take some time for Higgins to recover from this. This has been by far the worst defeat of all the final defeats this season and at the same time maybe even his worst ever defeat in his whole career.

He'll do well to lick his wounds and be ready for the Worlds.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:It will take some time for Higgins to recover from this. This has been by far the worst defeat of all the final defeats this season and at the same time maybe even his worst ever defeat in his whole career.

Worlds 2017 v Selby is the worst one for it's context. 10-4 up should have never lost from that position.

This tournament probably comes 2nd.

Postby Empire State Human

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:It will take some time for Higgins to recover from this. This has been by far the worst defeat of all the final defeats this season and at the same time maybe even his worst ever defeat in his whole career.

Worlds 2017 v Selby is the worst one for it's context. 10-4 up should have never lost from that position.

Agree. 2017 is where it all started. It's just snowballed since then.

Postby TheRocket

Empire State Human wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Agree. 2017 is where it all started. It's just snowballed since then.

yeah you two are right. World 2017 was probably the worst and it was the start of his rubbish final streak.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Don't know what's worst... Ronnie losing in 5 ranking event Finals last season, or Higgins losing 4, plus the Champion of Champions?

ill tell you what's worst after amazing Best of 19 matches tomorrow morning its best of 11 for the World Championship.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Don't know what's worst... Ronnie losing in 5 ranking event Finals last season, or Higgins losing 4, plus the Champion of Champions?

ill tell you what's worst after amazing Best of 19 matches tomorrow morning its best of 11 for the World Championship.

Yes it's a shame Best of 19 only for the final round.

Postby Iranu

Higgins’ defeats must be more painful overall. Ronnie wasn’t at the races for half of his finals and scraped through to the final in the first place. Whereas Higgins had three finals that he should have won and missed golden chances in them.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Remember when the final was best of 25?

They need to bring that back, although I don’t want matches hidden away on a second table again.

sunday q final

monday q final
tuesday q final
wednesday q final
thursday s final
friday s final
saturday final
sunday final

really not that difficult to organise

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:

This should be on Twitter!

Postby Yanfan

LOL. I went to sleep when Higgins was 9-4 up, thinking he had basically already won. Then I logged in here and found out that Robbo had won 10-9. rofl

But anyway, it gives me something to watch when pretending to do doing my schoolwork today. :-)

WC qualifiers are also on. Might watch Mink if they show her match. <ok>
Last edited by Yanfan on 04 Apr 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Prop

Ck147 wrote:The 2 cazoo sponsor/presentation guys came down and sat in front of me at 9-4 thinking it was almost over…lol

You must have had a great night?!

Can’t be many better experiences than seeing your favourite player stage a huge comeback, in a huge tournament to boot!

Postby Ck147

Prop wrote:
Ck147 wrote:The 2 cazoo sponsor/presentation guys came down and sat in front of me at 9-4 thinking it was almost over…lol

Can’t be many better experiences than seeing your favourite player stage a huge comeback, in a huge tournament to boot!

It was a great night, only thing that would have made it better was if he got that 147

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Remember when the final was best of 25?

They need to bring that back, although I don’t want matches hidden away on a second table again.

IIRC the first year was bo17, bo19, bo25, wasn’t it? Which seemed to make more sense. But I’m pretty sure it’ll stay as the current format now, for whatever reasons.

It’s still bloody good. The matches we’ve seen this week just couldn’t have happened over a shorter format. It’s a proper tournament. Few years more to establish itself and it’ll likely be labelled as some sort of major by those it’d benefit.

Postby Juddernaut88

Ck147 wrote:
Prop wrote:

It was a great night, only thing that would have made it better was if he got that 147

Have you attended any other Neil Robertson matches before?
I've only attend one Judd Trump match which was the Champion of champions final in 2019.
The less said about that the better!