Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Tour Championship Final Higgins v Robertson !!

Postby Prop

Ck147 wrote:
Prop wrote:
Ck147 wrote:The 2 cazoo sponsor/presentation guys came down and sat in front of me at 9-4 thinking it was almost over…lol

You must have had a great night?!

Can’t be many better experiences than seeing your favourite player stage a huge comeback, in a huge tournament to boot!

It was a great night, only thing that would have made it better was if he got that 147

Yeah I was a bit gutted for you when he rattled the blue!

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Prop wrote:
Ck147 wrote:The 2 cazoo sponsor/presentation guys came down and sat in front of me at 9-4 thinking it was almost over…lol

Can’t be many better experiences than seeing your favourite player stage a huge comeback, in a huge tournament to boot!

It was a great night, only thing that would have made it better was if he got that 147

Have you attended any other Neil Robertson matches before?
I've only attend one Judd Trump match which was the Champion of champions final in 2019.
The less said about that the better!

Yes, first round of Masters 2020 (where I met up with SF)….the less said about that the better too!

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Prop wrote:

Have you attended any other Neil Robertson matches before?
I've only attend one Judd Trump match which was the Champion of champions final in 2019.
The less said about that the better!

Yes, first round of Masters 2020 (where I met up with SF)….the less said about that the better too!

Most people are like that when they meet me.

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Remember when the final was best of 25?

They need to bring that back, although I don’t want matches hidden away on a second table again.

IIRC the first year was bo17, bo19, bo25, wasn’t it? Which seemed to make more sense. But I’m pretty sure it’ll stay as the current format now, for whatever reasons.

It’s still bloody good. The matches we’ve seen this week just couldn’t have happened over a shorter format. It’s a proper tournament. Few years more to establish itself and it’ll likely be labelled as some sort of major by those it’d benefit.

Oh yeah it’s still fantastic. Just seems a bit weird having the final the same length as the first round.

Maybe they could have a morning session for the final. Or even do a Shanghai and have a bo21 final over two sessions.

Postby badtemperedcyril

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Don't know what's worst... Ronnie losing in 5 ranking event Finals last season, or Higgins losing 4, plus the Champion of Champions?

ill tell you what's worst after amazing Best of 19 matches tomorrow morning its best of 11 for the World Championship.

Disappointing in WS to use the pandemic as an excuse to shorten matches in our holy grail.

Shame shame shame

Postby Holden Chinaski

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Don't know what's worst... Ronnie losing in 5 ranking event Finals last season, or Higgins losing 4, plus the Champion of Champions?

ill tell you what's worst after amazing Best of 19 matches tomorrow morning its best of 11 for the World Championship.

Disappointing in WS to use the pandemic as an excuse to shorten matches in our holy grail.

Shame shame shame

This proves that the pandemic was created by World Snooker.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Shame shame shame

Seems a bit harsh that they killed all those people to keep up the pretence. But needs must....

Postby The_Abbott

is it only the first 3 rounds that are BO11? Judgement day is BO19 isn't it?

They are not shown on national TV so are considered to be less relevant. They could be BO1 and many snooker fans that only watch the BBC wouldn't care.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:is it only the first 3 rounds that are BO11? Judgement day is BO19 isn't it?

They are not shown on national TV so are considered to be less relevant. They could be BO1 and many snooker fans that only watch the BBC wouldn't care.

It'd be nice if Eurosport put at least one match per session on the television channel, for those without Discovery+ Remember the reaction to Hendry vs White not being on television last year?

At the end of the day though, they're running a business.

Postby badtemperedcyril

Holden Chinaski wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Shame shame shame

Without any doubt

Postby badtemperedcyril

Holden Chinaski wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Shame shame shame

Without any doubt

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Shame shame shame

Without any doubt

Postby Ck147

Ck147 wrote:bucking brilliant, and I was here to witness it in person, so glad I came!!!! Well done Robbo, unlucky Higgins.

6 hour drive back, got home and daughter said, “we saw you on TV and OMG you were wearing your Cobrai Kai pyjama top!” Apparently I was quite visible in the afternoon session. Just watched the first and final frames, as wanted to see them from the “other side”. I’m behind Higgins when he’s giving his second place speech, (about 3h45m into ITV4 hub ep14), the rude dude who is looking down typing the above quote into his mobile but I do clap at the end of his speech! So glad they didn’t show the security guard tackling me to the ground when I tried to climb over the sponsors wall to hug Robbo. (That last bit didn’t really happen, but I was thinking about it.)

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:bucking brilliant, and I was here to witness it in person, so glad I came!!!! Well done Robbo, unlucky Higgins.

6 hour drive back, got home and daughter said, “we saw you on TV and OMG you were wearing your Cobrai Kai pyjama top!” Apparently I was quite visible in the afternoon session. Just watched the first and final frames, as wanted to see them from the “other side”. I’m behind Higgins when he’s giving his second place speech, (about 3h45m into ITV4 hub ep14), the rude dude who is looking down typing the above quote into his mobile but I do clap at the end of his speech! So glad they didn’t show the security guard tackling me to the ground when I tried to climb over the sponsors wall to hug Robbo. (That last bit didn’t really happen, but I was thinking about it.)

:shock:

Postby Juddernaut88

Ck147 wrote:

I'm going to watch it and see if I can see you.

Postby mantorok

Ck147 wrote:

Wait, there's Cobra Kai PJs???

BRB